“No hot water” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Bernalillo
SAN ANTONIO
“No hot water”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Everything about the hotel was fine, except taking a cold shower the first morning. The problem was that they simply ran out of hot water, and by the time someone came to check out the problem, it was hot again. So, he looked at me like I didn't know hot from cold, but I do. I thought an apology would have been nice. It was the only problem during my stay, but I do not like to take cold showers!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Lakeside, California, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We were traveling east, and had a visit nearby at relatives. They suggested the hotels in that area. We stopped at the Days Inn, for the night. We used our AAA card for better rates. The room was clean and smelled good. The bed was NOT comfortable we did not sleep well. I was able to get enough ice to keep the food things we were carrying cool. The internet did not work; I called the front desk and told them that the signal was too weak, and asked if the CAT 5 line worked. I really do not expect young people to not have a clue. He had no idea what the CAT 5 line was, nor if there really was one there in the room. His answer was, we were at the end of the hall, 110, and the signal didn’t reach that far???? How about a repeater? Duh? My option was to drag my laptop to the lobby to work? How is that convenient? Breakfast was ok, the clerk who was working the area either was really new, lost, or ???
We came down about 6:45 to eat, many things were not out. The tables were not clean; we had to get a cloth to clean our table. My feeling was that the prep had not been done; otherwise everything would be at the clerk’s fingertips, and ready to be put out. There was no butter, when someone asked; he announced that he had to go next door for it??? Next door?? The Ramada?? It took him 10 minutes to get back. This operation is unnecessarily clunky. The breaker had apparently flipped, because of the load, he had to stop and go re-set it. Call the electrician and get the service you need there. In the middle of all this some one, who appeared to be a manager appeared, he did manage to pick up 2 little pieces of paper off of the floor, otherwise he did nothing but stand around for a while, than announced he was going back over.(??) The plant is fine, the service needs work. 9-22

Room Tip: if you expect to use internet make sure you have a room close enough to the router. They have no cl...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Las Cruces, New Mexico
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

I found the desk clerk watching tv. Asked her how best to get to the Range, a local restaurant. "How?" she asked. "by car." Not all members of the Santa Ana pueblo are fully familiar with English slang.
I found the breakfast buffet server playing games on the lobby computer. He was unconcerned that there was no hot water for tea or oatmeal, no coffee, and no toaster for the numerous breads on the counter.
The room was clean, the a/c worked. Given the staff attitude that wont last long.

Room Tip: Third story rooms may offer some views of the Sandia Mountains. There is an elevator.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Bernalillo hotels

Gulfport
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

I don't travel extensively, but when I do I choose the Days Inn in Bernalillo, NM. The people at the Days Inn in Bernalillo, NM have an eye for detail. The details are always about making your stay the best experience for you. In my case, when you have traveled 1250 miles through four states in a twenty-two hour period (three different drivers) you are going to arrive not just "tired", but exhausted. The folks at the Days Inn are ready for us. The "us" this past year was thirty-two weary travelers. We spent a wonderful week in the Bernalillo area working in the remote areas of New Mexico. Our time in the field was enhanced by the knowledge that we were returning to the Days Inn and its hot tub, swimming pool, clean rooms, and comfortable beds.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great!!!!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Amarillo, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

great location,spotless!!,very friendly,spacious,most comfortable bed & pillows ever! great price. loved our stay i do highly recommend to anyone, thanks again for everything we will be returning.

mr.&mrs gamez
amarillo tx

Room Tip: northside higher floors has the best view
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
spidey78, General Manager at Days Inn Bernalillo, responded to this review, June 15, 2012
Hello Mr. and Mrs. Gamez:

I would like to thank you very much for you business and your kind words for our hotel and staff. We really do try and make every guest experience a great one! I'm glad we were able to do the same for you on your 50th birthday! We hope to see you very soon again!

Management and Staff
Days Inn Bernalillo
Midland, Texas, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

Stayed here and for some reason the hotel gave out my cell phone number to someone and now I have people calling me from all over with “junk/spam” phone calls on my business cell phone with so called “special offers”. Don’t give them you phone number…I am done with this motel!

Room Tip: Don't give this hotel your cell phone number...you will have "junk/spam, special offer"...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Hello:

I am very sorry for the issues you are having with your cell phone. I can assure you that we, as a franchised Days Inn hotel, do not and will not sell your cell phone number to others. We do not have the capability to do that nor would we even know how to do that. I would like to thank you for staying with us and hope that you would give us another try as I believe your cell phone issues are completely un-related to your stay at our hotel.

Respectfully,

Santosh Mody
GM
Jemez Pueblo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

We reported internet issues to front desk, they immediately worked with us and moved us to another room and offered a discount rate for next time we stay there. We are greatlful for Oswaldo. He was extremely helpful.

Room Tip: Great location. Beds are awesome!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
First, I would like to thank you for your business! Secondly, I would like to apologize for the internet issue you had while you stayed at our hotel. I am glad Oswaldo, our front desk agent, was able to quickly resolve your issue and make your stay a great one! Thank you for your kind words about our hotel! I hope that you are able to visit us again, perhaps during the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta every October.

Santosh Mody
GM

Been to Days Inn Bernalillo? Share your experiences!