“Great little place” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 36 Restaurants in Bernalillo
Cuisines: American, German
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Description: This is your classic community pub that invites friends, families and beer enthusiasts. We have 8 rotating beers on tap at all times, great food, patio seating and great indoor seating including a bar. If your looking for a memorable place in New Mexico to give you that TRUE New Mexcico feel then this is it. Ask for a brewery tour while your in. Easy Access from HWY I-25 Take exit 240 and immediately take a right onto South Hill Rd. We are half way down (quarter mile) on the left hand side just North of the KOA campground.
ABQ
“Great little place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2014

Want to get away from the 'Burque brewery scene? This is a great little joint up in Bernalillo that really makes you feel like you've left city, even though it's a stone's throw from I25. It's still quiet and charming... well, with only the type of quirky charm that a brewery located in the middle of a trailer park can serve up. The beer is good. You're not going to find some of the heavy hitters that you'll find in many of the more mature breweries in town, but it's solid and substantial. Their IPA is a little lower on the alcohol content than I prefer, and their pale ale is a toned down version of the IPA. I'd give both a 3.5 out of 5 stars.

To help absorb that alochol for the trip back to ''burque, they have a limited, but tastey menu of sausages, buffalo frito pie, and a few other odds and ends. They're solar powered and seem to be very enironmentally conscientious as well.

But they have a nice patio and it's a comfortable and chill place to sip some suds. i will definitely be going back.

Oh, and they close at 8 now, which is a bit early. But the bartender said they'd be extending the hours for summer. Should help.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Santa Fe, New Mexico
“St. Patrick's Day Celebration”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

Kaktus Brewing Bernalillo

We joined some friends for the St. Patrick's Day celebration. Kaktus is located on Hill Road just past the KOA trailer park If you are coming from Albuquerque.It is a small place with a tent added on to give them some extra needed space. Kaktus had a food truck, Joe's Hot Dogs, which served a meal of corned beef and cabbage with some soda bread. The cabbage, potatoes, and carrot were cooked perfectly. The carrots were a bright orange just the way I like them. The corned beef was good with horseradish and dark mustard. This feast was only ten dollars. It was worth every penny.
Since I was having all this stick to your ribs kind of food, I decided to have a Helles, which was a light beer with grapefruit . I had this while I was in England. They called it a shandy. When I visited Canada, it didn't compare. It was downright nasty. Kaktus knows how to balance the combination plus their beer is very good. My wife had the IPA. She thought it was wonderful. So much so we brought a growler home.
She had the curry brat with chips and salsa. The curry catsup was intense and added to the flavor of the beef dog. She chose the pretzel bun. It was a delightful combination. It was 3 dollar beer Monday. The curry dog was six dollars. Our friends also enjoyed the brats as well. Unfortunately, the food truck ran out of corned beef and had to cook some more. It was their first St. Patrick's Day so it was hard to gauge how many people would attend. The servers were swamped but did a good job. I guess they were not expecting so many people. It was a beautiful day so lots of people were out enjoying the day.
There was entertainment in the tent, the Red Light Ramblers supplied the music for the evening. They were enjoyable to listen to while we were enjoying the food, beer, and our friends company.
We are definitely going back when the brewery isn't in party mode to sample the rest of the beers.

• Visited March 2014