“A wonderful time on the Rio Grande” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 10 Attractions in Bernalillo
Type: Tours, Adventure
Dallas, Texas
9 attraction reviews
“A wonderful time on the Rio Grande”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

We booked a kayaking trip for the family while on vacation in New Mexico and I would have to say that it was the highlight of the trip. The owner Mike and guide Steph were very capable and provided a high quality kayaking experience. During the whole experience I felt safe and as though my children were in good hands as well. I would recommend a trip with Quiet Waters for any novices wanting to learn how to canoe or kayak.

Visited August 2013

Tumwater
“A family adventure on the Rio Grande”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Six of us spent a day on the river with Isaac from Quiet Waters - 3 adults and 3 kids aged 8, 5, and 2. We saw Great Blue Herons, Black-crested Night Herons, Egrets, Cardinals, and assorted raptors. We waited out a thunder-storm and had a great picnic lunch. Isaac was a great guide and Mike was a consummate host. We'll be back!

Visited July 2013
New Orleans
7 attraction reviews
“just first-rate”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

This is really one of the most fun things I ever did. Very safety-conscious, ideal for a novice, but I would think also fun for someone who knew their way around canoes and kayaks. A beautiful stretch of river. We saw a few critters and had an opportunity to stop and swim. The guides were friendly and unintimidating but obviously watching out for us and knew what they were doing. (The owner seemed a little more intense, but not in a mean way.) One person was clearly having trouble at the start but by the end of the 2-hour trip seemed to have "gotten" it and be having a good time. Naively I did not realize that we would not have to paddle back upstream, they just sent the truck and van (+ a nice picnic!) to pick us up downstream. Maybe they should call it spoil-you-rotten paddling adventures ;). I fully intend to go back, it is a great break from the rat race, and for visitors a chance to see a special part of this area that you can't get to from the road.

Visited June 2013
“A family adventure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Perfect for a family adventure. Youngest was 4 (too young for white water), oldest was 74, all had a good time. Guide was friendly and knowledgeable. All equipment was in good condition. We learned about the history of the Rio Grande and experienced ABQ in a completely different way then ever before.

Visited April 2013
New Mexico
12 attraction reviews
“Professional operation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

My husband and I and another couple did the "Coronado (Abbreviated)" as a self-guided trip in tandem canoes on a clear but cold February day. Michael was very patient with my numerous questions in advance of the trip, and he and Isaac were timely and professional at the shop and at the pickup location. The trip itself was serene, with nice bird-watching and no hint of the city nearby.

Visited February 2013