“Acceptable stay” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Woodcliff Lake
Fanwood, New Jersey
“Acceptable stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2011

We stayed here because we were attending a nearby wedding. The hotel itself is very large and has a lot going on, family reunions, weddings, etc. The staff were courteous and helpful. The hotel itself is dated, I agree with the others comments about the carpets being dated and stained. The room itself was basic and it was nice that it had a fridge. We foung the king size bed on the smaller side and in need of updating, we rolled toward the middle because it was old. The AC unit was very loud, but we were happy have it! There were pools there but they were filled with kids so we didnt bother. The restaurant also did not appeal to us. Next to the hotel is a nice shopping complex and food store.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2011

This hotel is due for some renovations. Back in its heyday, I'm sure this was a five star resort. Today, this hotel sports old carpets in the common areas, old furniture, marred woodwork, moldy smells in some rooms, etc... all of the things that make an old property "old".

To compensate, the staff is one of the most attentive I've ever come across. These guys go out of their way to help you during your stay. What the hotel lacks in newness and renovations, the staff compensates with extra care and attentiveness.

Hilton needs to add this locale to their list of properties due for a fix up however.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room, not on the 1st floor...
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
NYC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2011

My company has an office in this area and I either stay here or the Marriott. The Marriott was booked this time around so I had to stay here.

Waited to check in and was skipped over for what was a "Hilton Regular". Fine.

Literally was there just to sleep and leave in the morning. If only sleep was an option. The walls were so thin that you can hear people talking from down the hall. There were also a bunch of kids staying at the hotel running around the entire time. Doors slamming and people chatting all night pretty much ruins a night of sleep.

Was using the bathroom and noticed ants on the floor. Not one, at least 5. But I had already unpacked my stuff, just wanted to go to bed and get the heck out of there.

In the morning, couldn't check out properly because system was down. Was going to use a shuttle and was asked multiple times where I was going. Bus driver wasn't aware about my stop and made a big circle and was dropped off last, making me late to my meeting.

Even if I have to stay over in NJ again, I would not stay here. I would go back home or stay in another town. This hotel is absolutely awful.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Cortlandt Manor, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2011

Stayed here with family for an event at the hotel. Checked in early, but were led to a room that seemed to be in a different state, very confusing layout, housekeeping staff could not provide assistance. Manager was very nice and found a room closer to elevator and activities. Check in staff forgot to give us the gift bag for our event. got a phone message to pick it up, very nice, however when we went to pick it up they were all gone, why bother calling us? Gave us a coupon for a dessert or wine for being hilton honors members, when we went to use it, we were informed that we needed to order dinner to use it, again, why bother? At the event, the hosts were supposed to be at our table, only there was not enough room, according to them all of the tables had incorrect place settings at them, and were not in the correct position in the room!!!!!! The staff set up a whole new, larger table, did it quickly, this was the first time I ever saw that happen!!! I would think twice before booking an event here.Room was nice. Could have used a safe and make up mirror.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2011

DESCRIPTION OF INCIDENT

Incident : Report the lost of new Coach wallet US$71 in Hotel Room 319

I stay in room 319, Hilton Woodcliff Lake Hotel, 200 Tice Blvd, Woodcliff Lake, NJ07677 from 6 Dec to 9 Dec 2010 checking-in at around 7am on 6 Dec and checking-out at around 7am on 9 Dec 2010. The purpose of my stay is to attend a business meeting in the Hotel meeting room.

On 8 Dec 2010, I started packing my luggage bag at around 6.30am on 9 Dec. However, after packing, I realized that not all my stuff could go into the luggage bag, so I started to remove some of the stuff including one of the Coach wallet which I placed on the table behind the television. After I repacked, I did not notice that I have left my coach wallet on the table and left the room without it. I only found out that I left the wallet in the Hotel room 319 after I arrived Singapore and unpack my luggage bag at about 7pm on 10 Dec 2010 (US Time). Note that I have locked my luggage bag after I check-out from the Hotel until I check-in my luggage at the Airport. Therefore I am sure that I left the coach wallet (US$71) in the Hotel room 319.

I reported the lost of my coach wallet by making a telephone call to Hilton Woodcliff Lake Hotel at 7pm on 10 Dec 2010 (US Time) follow by email to Hotel Customer Service Dept.

I have submitted a incident report to the Hotel as per their suggestion to claim for insurance but already three months and numerous email follow up but did not hear their response. I am disappointed and hope that the Hotel will give me a response as soon as possible.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
PeterTomaselli, Front Office Manager at Hilton Woodcliff Lake, responded to this review, March 8, 2011
Dear MichaelMok,

Thank you very much for your feedback. Our housekeeping supervisor thoroughly searched your room, and regretfully, nothing was found. The room attendant who cleaned your room after your departure also did not report finding a wallet. Please keep in mind that our housekeeping staff is very trustworthy, having previously turned in cash and jewelry that had been left in rooms, and many of our room attendants have worked for our hotel for years without complaint.

Naturally, we have kept your information on file, and we will be certain to contact you in the event that your wallet is found. Please feel free to contact me should you have any additional questions.

Best regards,
Peter Tomaselli
nj
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2011

This is a hotel with a nice outdoor pool that is very clean. We visit here often and my kids love it. The gym is also very nice the womans locker room needs a update, but all in all it a great place for a quick get away. I always had a nice room but I can see someone getting a room that is a little dingy, It is an older hotel. The grounds are beautiful and rich, all the staff is so friendly. Even the breakfast place in the lobby is yummy, there is also a Starbucks I think. The bar is also very nice the food there is also great and I want to say they have a happy hour.
The best of it all, the last time we went was when the PGA was in Paramus and we saw a lot of the big golfers, they were staying there. We always have a great time here, it is not a bad hotel at all. We will be back in the spring!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Canton, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2010

Recently stay at this Hilton for a meeting. Banquet staff was awesome, food creative and fun. Desk staff said hello to us everytime we walked by, told us to enjoy our day, smiles....The coffee area attendant remembered my order day to day....didn't try out the spa, but it looked inviting!!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
PeterTomaselli, Front Office Manager at Hilton Woodcliff Lake, responded to this review, December 12, 2010
Dear kc8175,

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I have passed your comments on to the banquets and food and beverage staff, and as the Assistant Front Office Manager, I am especially glad that we were able to brighten your day at the front desk.

Thank you so much for your positive feedback, and we certainly hope to welcome you back for your next business meeting. Please be sure to sample the spa the next time you stay with us - I especially recommend the deep tissue massage!

Best regards,
Peter Tomaselli

Been to Hilton Woodcliff Lake? Share your experiences!