“Friendly, relaxing, great value!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Beach Club

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Phu Quoc Island
Beach Club
You added Beach Club to your Saves list
Ap Cua Lap | Duong To, Phu Quoc Island, Vietnam   |
Ranked #14 of 42 Hotels in Phu Quoc Island
Brisbane, Australia
“Friendly, relaxing, great value!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

We stayed 3 nights at Beach Club in October. We booked a beach front bungalow and the bungalow just behind it for our kids (8, 14). It was the perfect place for us. The bungalows were basic, but they were clean and all we needed as we really didn't spend much time inside at all. The staff were fantastic! They were always happy to help us, give directions, advise of things to do - I can't say enough good things about them. The food was great. We didn't always eat in the restaurant but we did a few times and loved it. My only complaint was that they don't have cocktails! I really would have enjoyed a few cocktails laying on those sun beds! We did walk about 10 minutes up the beach to Rory's which had great food and cocktails.
We really enjoyed Phu Quoc, we hired scooters and rode down to Sao Beach and An Thoi to go snorkelling. The roads are very bumpy and rough but I managed fine considering it was my first time riding a scooter! The kids loved every minute of it.
Overall, I would highly recommend the Beach Club if you're after a cheap, relaxing trip. If you're after 5stars then keep looking, this place is not for you.

Room Tip: Definitely book a beachfront bungalow. The rooms behind looked nice, but to be directly on beach was...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

The beach club is a basic, albeit brick and mortar, beach resort. Beautiful, unabstructed sunsets and a nice, clean, quiet stretch of beach. Rooms are basic, but thats ok as you will be outside all the time anyhow. Food is good, moderately priced. Staff was very friendly and no hassle at all. Would return..

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Sandford, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

Over priced for an average hotel. Beds aren't comfortable and the road to the hotel is bumpy. There isn't enough ventilation in the room. Boy did it get hot in the room. Overall, didn't have a pleasant stay here.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Big spacious rooms, 2 seconds to the beach. Bungalows looking right onto the sea. Friendly staff with good English (compared to a lot of the staff in other restaurants etc). Only draw back is restaurant prices a bit high. Can get nicer food for lower price elsewhere. Although food is pretty good. Bottles of water over priced too but you can get cheaper v.close by and you can walk to other restaurants so not a big deal at all. Really enjoyed our stay here, a bit further north of main bit of long beach which makes for a nice quiet time yet still close enough to check out other restaurants. Can highly recommend 'Terrace Restaurant' just down small lane up from Rory's Australian beach bar. Tasty curries, great service and yummy free dessert! Restaurants here are really hit or miss so good to have found a tasty one.

• Stayed October 2013
Helsinki, Finland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

We spent 4 nights at Beach Club in October.

Ocean was wonderful, although at night time a bit noisy but that's what you get if you take a beach front bungalow. :)

The room itself was big and tidy, bathroom and shower were good also. I noticed that the bed was not really suitable for me, and my back was hurting every day. Anyways, my husband didn't have any problems with the bed. Some insects might come into the room, as there are no nets in the ventilation holes. The provided mosquito net was useful.

The restaurant food was average, but after a few days you really want to eat somewhere else. The menu was large and the food came to the table fairly fast. Food prices were slightly higher than elsewhere in Vietnam.

Some local people offer constantly massage services on the site, which might sometimes be annoying if you're not into it.

• Stayed October 2013
Bologna, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

a very good, relaxing and comfortable place. the owner is english, but he was not there. anyway, everybody was speeking a good english, and they helped us to arrange daytrips around the island. the room was pretty clean, even if they didn't change our linen for 5 days ;-( ... the food was good, not exceptional (very better to hit the night market, in the evening!) in the end, it is definetely a good value, in phu quoc. if you go there, it is a good choice!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

Just wrapped up 10 days at Beach Club at $20 per night. I've looked at many and there really is no better value as far as cleanliness, on the beach and atmosphere. I found cheaper places but I would not leave my dog there.

This is not a sprawling resort. With only 10 units, the place is intimate making it easy for mingling. I never saw more than 14 people at once and half were usually walking the beach or motorbiking. The last couple days there only 5 of us.

I didn't like it much at first but it really grew on me and I started feeling quite at home here in spite of the weather.

The 12x16 rooms with private bath are spacious, bright and clean , clay tile floors. You can see the ocean from all of them. The 3 bungalows for $30 are a bit larger with two facing the ocean.
The double beds are medium firm and comfortable. Mosquito nets are provided and are worth using as I got a couple bites when I didn't. They come between 6-8 and I never saw a single cockroach. The corner units 3 and 8 have extra windows for more natural light.

The place is very safe, staff are trustworthy and I did not experience any shenanigans with the bill and I charged everything to my room.

There is no AC but stand up fans are provided. Rooms are cleaned daily. My sheets were changed every 3 days.

There are noTVs and only spotty wifi access from some rooms. Wifi in the common eating area is good but occasional power outages could be annoying especially when needing to recharge electronics.

The staff are polite and attentive. A couple of them speak English sufficiently. You can arrange tours, get taxi to the door, and rent motorbikes for $6 per day.

A couple old massage ladies hang about but i don't believe they know what they are doing. I'm told they use very cheap nail polish for pedicures.

They keep the grounds clean and the beach is only 20 feet from the retaining wall. They have nice loungers in the sunbathing area atop the retaining wall grounds and facing the ocean. It was windy and the waves were high during my stay but the waters are still swimmable with a nice firm sandy bottom. But kids would be easily knocked over and have difficulty getting back up so best to supervise.

Rory's, about 20 minutes up the beach is a place for some night life and the town is another 40 minutes beyond.

Apart from the day market behind the obstacle course of construction, the town, for me is not all that interesting and certainly not the point of visiting this island.

The Beach Club menu is simple, above basic, well presented and reasonable in price. Breakfast will run >$4 with lunch and dinner $5 - $8. Do the #9 omelette. There is the Paris next door if you need a change or more reliable wifi.

My only complaint for lack of tv is to upgrade wifi. They are also losing business to next door due to weak wifi.

Knowing what I know now, i wouldn't go to Phu Quoc for the effort it takes. But if you are, and you are looking to chill on the beach, this is a good place. I have no qualms about recommending this place and would certainly stay here again if I did return as would several of the guests I met.

• Stayed August 2013

Been to Beach Club? Share your experiences!