“Friendly staff, incompetent Divemaster” 2 of 5 stars

0084-913-400-964
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Rainbow Divers are the longest established PADI Divecentre on Phu Quoc and throughout Vietnam. Jeremy Stein pioneered diving on the Island and is the General Manager of a truly International team of Divemasters + Instructors. Daily diveboats depart to the North + South and PADI Training courses start everyday, including 3-6 month residential Divemaster + Instructor Courses. November - March are extremely busy times on the Island so early booking confirmations are essential. If you're wanting to take a PADI Course on PQ, please start the theory online before arriving to avoid a day in Paradise sat in a classroom! Check the elearning information on our website.
Cologne, Germany
“Friendly staff, incompetent Divemaster”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

Like others said before, diving on Phu Quoc is anything but sublime. Still, i decided to spend my time diving here. While the friendly staff on land was very acommodating and warm, my divemaster was rude, arrogant and patronizing. To top it off, she would constantly lose members of our group (4 divers, 1 DMT and her) and force us to surface, then submerge again to search for them. This went on until my ears finally gave out on the second dive. I was not even reimbursed for the third dive I had prepaid and that I now couldn't do because of her blunders. Don't waste your time here and go somewhere else. In fact, forget diving on Phu Quoc and enjoy the seafood while you can.

RainbowDivers, Owner at Rainbow Divers-Phu Quoc, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
TO TRIP ADVISOR: Why was by response 'rejected'?

Hong Kong
8 attraction reviews
“Second ever Dive Trip in Vietnam”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Being a diving instructor for 18 years, the first ever dive trip in Nha Trang, Vietnam surprise me. We keep on moving to Phu Quoc Island for our second dive trip, also very surprise.

Rainbow Divers have 5 shops in Vietnam. Staff in Phu Quoc are very charming are warm. The package of US$125 for 3 dives is reasonable. Have to mention, the package have to include all diving equipment, with no discount if you bring your own. I am lucky because I only need a BCD and bare-foot fins. Well, their equipment is ok.

Pick up service from Hotel, good. But being told 2 more customer have join and all together 4 customer, 4 or 5 staff with full load air tank and equipment in a normal van. The road are not yet constructed so very bumpy, for nearly 40 minutes.

At the seaside pier, the dive boat, I think should be chartered from local fishing boat, very simple prepare for diving purpose. Water supply for shower is...limited and very slow...poor

After all, the diving itself were surprise me. Water ok, underwater creatures ok, but our dive master...I would not list the points here, if anyone want more detail, please email me...

Again, being a diving instructor for 18 years, that was the first time I have to surface swam such a long distance, during a "oversea dive trip"...

The third dive was very rush because the boat have to depart. We met strong current and that is fun...ok...good drift dive. However, we surfaced and the boat was very far away. I did not know if the DM have whistle or not, just told us to swim back. I use my whistle for many times, eventually the boat start to move toward us. I thanks God we have no real emergency because those time count!!!

As conclusion, I think it is my problem for always having good service, arrangement and dive sites. This dive trip in Vietnam is totally different. For me, a very good experience but NEVER again.

Visited October 2013
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
75 attraction reviews
“unforgettable experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

If you have chance to visit Phu Quoc, do not miss Rainbow Divers, it takes about 2 hours to dive sites and meanwhile you can enjoy the sunshine and sea view.
This center is well-prepared and professional with very modern equipment.
It was the first time I've been diving so I felt extremely exciting when I saw beautiful coral reef, many kinds of fishes and crabs.
The food there was fantastic too. We were served such fresh seafood and fruit.
If you are interested in diving in Vietnam, especially in Phu Quoc, definitely consider Rainbow Divers as your first choice.

Visited March 2013
Keller, Texas, United States
“Diving in Phu Quoc with Rainbow Divers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

First let me say that you shouldn’t go to Phu Quoc expressly for the diving. The visibility is not great and the coral isn’t either. But if you are in Phu Quoc and want to go diving, Rainbow Divers is a really good operation. The boat is of good size and perfectly equipped for diving. The staff was well trained super friendly and very engaging. I did a two tank dive in January 2013, and I was by myself so I dove with one of the dive masters as my dive buddy with two other guys in our group. The site was Turtle Island. The dive was good… 1 hour average depth only 5 meters, visibility was about 4 meters. The surface time on the boat was very good…. They served us a meal and it was a great experience…. The second dive was a little deeper average about 8 meters. I have dove all over the world and I know a good crew/operator from a bad one and I can tell you that this is a good operator and crew. If you chose to dive with them you won’t be dissatisfied with Rainbow Divers.

Visited January 2013
oxford uk
“Pity there were more fish in the night market!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Extremely well organised, small groups with each DM. Its just a pity that there is so little left to see except macro nudibranchs.
Excellent for the new/learning diver. Not so good for someone like me who likes the big stuff, deep exhilarating dives.

Visited December 2012