Admittedly Bamboo Cottages isn't for everybody (thank goodness!), but it was absolutely everything my boyfriend and I were looking for during our visit to Phu Quoc in January. Having survived the craziness of Hanoi we were looking for a place to chill out and relax away from the crowds and simply do nothing for four days.
The resort is on the north of the island a fair way a way from the main town so you pretty much have the beach to yourselves. There is one other resort in the bay but the bay takes around 45 mins to walk from one end to the other so its pretty much as private as you can get. the whole resort has an incredibly chilled out, relaxing atmosphere with soothing indie tunes playing softly in the lobby and warm and welcoming staff ready to help you with any request. Think yoga and swedish massage on the beach after a gentle paddle round the bay in a kayak or a snorkel session rather than cheap drinks and partying which can easily be found elsewhere.
It's worth noting that as you are far from any other life you are likely to eat and drink at the resort only. Food and drink are comparatively expensive here and the choice is fairly limited however we really enjoyed all our meals. They have a really good set menu for 140,000VND for lunch and 200,000VND for dinner which were always brilliant.
Other travellers photos are pretty accurate and give you a good idea of what the rooms are like. I find other peoples reviews complaining about beds and cleanliness unsurprising but somewhat petty. I found the beds perfectly comfortable - all beds in Vietnam are hard - and the rooms were perfectly exceptably clean. The bathroom is partially open air so insects may be more prevelant in the summer but I shared my shower with nothing more grizzly than a gecko.
I would thoroughly recommend Bamboo cottages to anyone looking for a quiet relaxing time with sun, sea and sand. Thank you to all the staff who made our stay so enjoyable!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This is a small Vietnamese family-run getaway located on a secluded stretch of Vung Bau Bay. All rooms are housed in spacious cottages with views of the sea. All rooms have plush queen beds & unique tropical open-air bathrooms. Hot water is provided by solar panels. The kitchen serves authentic homemade Vietnamese dishes made with fresh seafood & organic vegetables. A part of Bamboo’s proceeds goes to the Together We Serve Foundation which provides scholarships to needy children. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Bamboo Cottages & Restaurant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bamboo Cottages And Restaurant
- Bamboo Cottages & Restaurant Hotel Phu Quoc Island