“An incredible experience - will never forget it!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Freedomland Phu Quoc Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Phu Quoc Island
Freedomland Phu Quoc Resort
You added Freedomland Phu Quoc Resort to your Saves list
Ong Lang, Phu Quoc Island, Vietnam   |
Ranked #1 of 42 Hotels in Phu Quoc Island
“An incredible experience - will never forget it!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

First time trip advisor poster - but I had to share my amazing experience in Freedomland!

We stayed in Freedomland the first week of October for 4 nights - and I would strongly recommend anyone reading this review to go and experience it for yourself!

Firstly, Rita and Peter make you feel very welcome, and are the most accommodating hosts I've ever met - we were initially booked for 3 nights, but stayed 4, and Peter was happy to rearrange our flights to let us stay the extra night, which was appreciated!

The rooms/huts are beautifully made, spacious, very very clean, private and well ventilated - important in the October heat!! Our outdoor ensuite was simple and smart, and our outdoor rainshower was amazing :)

The food in Freedomland is INCREDIBLE - Peter is an excellent chef, we had 5 courses each night, and they were quick to top up our wine glasses too!! Peter's food is of the highest quality, beautifully presented and so so delicious - if you like your food, this is the place for you.

Peter was very helpful in recommending tours to go on and sights to see, and we have memories that we'll never forget as a result! He is honest and objective and wants you to see the best Phu Quoc has to offer.

We hope to see Freedomland again - it's a shame we could not stay longer!!

• Stayed October 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Wenatchee, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Freedomland was by far the highlight of a wonderful trip to Vietnam. The atmosphere was laid back and relaxing yet Peter was always more than happy to help you get anywhere and do anything you wanted to on the island. There is simply no way to describe how amazing the food was and my husband and I each enjoyed every single meal and drink. But perhaps the best part was the way we got to meet and talk to other travelers from all over the world in a comfortable and welcoming environment, over a good drink or across the dinner table. I recommend this place 100%!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

This place is great! We stayed in the tree house room which was really cool. My wife seems to attract mosquitoes, so if you're like her... bring some of those coils that you burn through the night, there is a net over the bed but the coils helped. Apart from that one little thing, the stay there was AWESOME! The best part was the food! SO GOOD!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Zoetermeer
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

Friends of mine who went to Vietnam last year, told me about Freedomland. The most important thing about this place, according to them, was that the food was amazing. And they know I like my good food! So I decided to stay here for a few days, together with a girl I'd met at the beginning of my trip. I loved everything about Freedomland, and of course especially the 8 course dinners that where personally made by Peter and his staff. Each day I looked forward to the big spread of fusion style made food, that makes my mouth water even thinking about it right now! If only for he food you should visit Freedomland.

The whole atmosphere was relaxed and everybody who worked there where soooo friendly! Whatever I needed, I could ask them. Peter's ideas of wanting to bring people together where palpable, and my stay there felt almost commune-like (but not in a creepy way!). The dinners we had together and the drinks before and after that, where always fun. This place is for people who like to meet new people and socialize with them for a while. I remember Peter telling me he would like to see more people who travel alone, but I think the prices of the rooms are a bit to high for backpackers like me to stay there by yourself. The fact that the bar closes at 11pm struck me as kind of strange the first night. Coming from HCMC and having lively bars open 24/7. But pretty soon I noticed that it brought me a bit of the peace I didn't even know I needed...

My stay at Freedomland was amazing, and despite my musquito bites I wouldn't have wanted to have missed this for the world. So a very late, but very big thanks to Peter and the rest of the people at Freedomland!!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Cologne, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

We spent 5 days at Freedomland in May 2012. This is a cozy place "in the woods" with friendly staff and a very down to earth atmosphere. It is a short walk or bike ride to one of the nearby beaches where it was quiet and totally relaxing at this time of the year. Our cabin was clean and comfortable. Anyway you do not spend much time in there. The highlight is the dinner every night where you can meet people from all around the world and share stories and experiences. Peter is a phantastic chef who not only makes the best food you can dream of but also is able to celebrate the 4 or 5 courses in an uniquely passionate and personal style. All guests (fortunately not too many) sit on one table under the trees and just enjoy. We have not seen any skipping the dinner festival !!! Thank you Rita and Peter for wonderful days. We cannot wait to come back.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Tucson,AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

The first thing that needs to be mentioned about Freedomland, is that Peter is a beast in the kitchen. A beautiful, fearless, inspiring culinary beast. We stayed for three nights, and every night the meal (between 4 and 6 courses) was exceptional. The food makes it worth the stay alone. Just don't come if you like bland food, because your mouth is about to get rocked all over the globe, in every flavorful which way. Of the 15 or so plates served to me, every one was returned spotless as I wondrously cleaned every morsel from them. If you're a foodie, don't even think about going anywhere else. Just stay here, and thank Peter later.

As for the service, Peter and Rita leave nothing to be desired. The location of Freedomland is a bit away from other things on the island, but this really gives you a private feeling to enjoy dinner in the jungle with new friends. While I can't speak for other times, the other lodgers there during our stay presented great company, all just happy to be enjoying great food on a tropical beach with nothing to worry about. I have the feeling this is generally the crowd Freedomland attracts. The location of Freedomland isn't isolating either, as they rent motorbikes out for about 10 USD/day, which allow you to go ANYWHERE on the island. Peter is happy to dole out advice on where to go tailoring his recommendations to your specific desires, and Rita is more than accommodating in taking care of everything at the lodge itself. As for anything else you could possibly want to do (snorkeling, spa, scuba, fishing, beaching, etc.) Peter is a great coordinator and can make any and all of it happen. It's true there's no AC in the rooms, but with open windows and fans blasting, we were alright sleeping full of amazing food.

Also, a cozy communal area lines the middle of the lodge, that has consistent wifi allowing you to take care of any real world concerns while stuck in dreamy Phu Quoc.

As a final note, this was one of two places in all of Vietnam I dined at that had REAL BACON. So, make sure to dank down on some of that for breakfast, which is also quite good.

Room Tip: We were in Tangerine, which people say is one of the best.