“perfect home away from home!” 5 of 5 stars

Baancivilize Resort
54 Moo 2, Nadan Beach, Khanom, Thailand   |
Ranked #5 of 22 Specialty Lodging in Khanom
Chiang Mai, Chiang Mai, Thailand
“perfect home away from home!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

went thru my old pictures and found loads of photo when i was at this magical place. you got your own private beach, away from chaos and staffs were friendly, attentive and helpful. one of the staffs offered to drive me and my friends into the town and the day we checked out, she drove us to the bus station. it meant a lot to us! will definitely come back. Keep up the good work you guys! :)

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Thai first
Ko Samui, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

The location of this resort could not have been better... Situated on a picturesque beach with palm trees all around.
The rooms are not 5 star but they are clean and very spacious... Our 'suite' even had a kitchen equipped with fridge, kettle, coffee and tea.
The outside area is scattered with native plants as well as some stunning orchids and the swimming pools are both crystal clear looking onto the sea.
If you are looking for an inexpensive holiday in a place yet to be discovered, this is a fantastic option.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Surat Thani, Thailand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

We just stayed here for a night, after I got back from 6 weeks working abroad. Just wanted somewhere on the beach to relax and enjoy some time together. This ticked all the boxes in that respect, no one else there, good sized room and direct access to the beach.

Not sure what the owners are trying to achieve here though. They have a large beach front plot and have crammed these 8 rooms into the smallest area possible. There are plans to build some self contained holiday homes but even so, the lack of space around each room is disappointing.
They have mixed semi modern with old school and it doesn't work that well. Having said that, they are nice people so what can you say to them :)

The room we stayed in was large, bright, modern and clean. We had one of the 2 that look onto the beach and don't feel to claustrophobic, I wouldn't want to stay in any of the others. The bathroom was well designed and again very clean. Everything you would expect included, fridge, TV, water, coffee/tea.

For the price (2000 baht) it is one of the cheaper beach front rooms available in khanom, however I wasn't overly attracted to the place from the moment I saw it. If you want character, charm and return appeal this does not have it. If you want value, beach access, comfortable living then this ticks those boxes.

We didn't try the food here as we had a mission to go for a pizza at CC Beach resort. Reviewed separately.

Room Tip: Beach front only
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Ko Samui, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Stayed in a Beach Front Villa in this place for 2 days and it was worth it... Needs a little bit of replenishment though and it would be nice if the sliding door beside the pool was accessible (R1 room) and the pool has a little bit much of chlorine. Everything else is awesome, enough staff for a small resort, well cleaned when we arrive, room has been set up as honeymoon (by request), and what matters the most is it was really quiet at night. We also ordered some food for dinner and it was great in a reasonable price. Love the place and We're definitely coming back again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

I just went there last week with my friend, I'd booked through agoda with a good price with seaview room but when I got there I've just realized that if I need a seaview I need to book for a beachfront room!! Then I decided to pay extra to get a fantastic sea view. I'm happy with that!! Big room with a nice view. Late evening we'd order some food...it tastes good and seafood very fresh with a reasonable price...u shouldn't miss.

The hotel itself has a small open air restaurant on the beach with an awesome view but it close b'coz it's raining.

The only thing that disappointed me is the area around the hotel it's looked like nobody clean it up for months, especially in front of my room lots of gabbages that's make me sick!! I call the reception and tell her to send someone clean it up...nobody show!! then we decided to check out the next morning, the staff here not really welcome...they absolutely don't have a serviced mind.

The hotel itself is very nice but need to replaced with a whole new team of serviced mind's staff.

• Stayed January 2013

Been to Baancivilize Resort? Share your experiences!