“Affordable and Clean” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 22 Olongapo B&B and Inns
Baguio, Philippines
“Affordable and Clean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Reserved a room online and paid 10%. Full payment was given upon arrival. Contacted them via their Facebook page with some questions and they were accommodating.

Location: Quite easy to find. I highly recommend google maps. We use this all the time before we go to a certain destination.Located along Magsaysay drive. Your landmark would be SM City Olongapo, Max's Restaurant, Lovely Kahael Pawshop - opposite of the hotel.

Price is affordable. Room is very clean. Bathroom is big. Shower working well.

The hotel however does not have an elevator and the reception is at the 3rd floor of the building. Might be a problem for those who have heavy luggages. If you do not mind climbing 3 to 4 floors up from the main entrance, then staying in this hotel should not be a problem.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Makati, Philippines
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I don't know if this can be considered a hotel. It is one of the old buildings along Magsaysay Dr. If you check their website, it doesn't have a photo of the building. Below is a salon and we had to climb up to the 3rd floor where the lobby is located. The lobby you see in their website is deceiving. It looks bigger there but really it's not.

Contrary to what is posted in their website, "Parking Available in front of the hotel(first come first serve basis)", THERE REALLY IS NO PARKING SPACE!! Since this building is right besie the road, the only "PARKING SPACE" is beside the road!! We didn't even get any help from them. I asked where should we park ,the receptionist only said just park anywhere there is available!!!!! I asked someone to assist, the girl only apologized and said no one can assist us look for a space since their security guard who is supposed to help will arrive at 10pm and we were trying to check in at 6:30PM!!!!

So we parked our car at our own expense. Outside was a boy who talked hubby and "tried" to look for a space in exchange of a "TIP". I realized, these people who are so called "Parking Assistant" cover most of the free spaces with a signage, chair or whatever so no one can park freely and if there would be someone who needs to park, they remove them in exchange for a fee, sorry I mean "TIP" (cough!)

My family went up to the 3rd floor - their lobby. We were given keys to our room at the 4th floor!! So we had to climb the stairs again!!!. This so called hotel doesn't have an elevator for pete's sake!!!!!!!!!!!!

The only positive thing I can say about them is the room. It's nice for the price. I like the bathroom. However, the battery for the TV control does not work. They only provide a soap and towels, no shampoo.

Overall, I didn't like that there's no parking space as opposed to what they posted on their website. It's misleading. I hope they can correct it. I also didn't like the fact that we didn't get assistance from them when we were trying to look for a parking space. I didn't like that they don't have an elevator.

But I like that the "hotel" sits along the busy street, walking distance to SM OLongapo, food chains, grocery stores, etc...... For its price, defective tv remote control and no shampoo are pretty fine by me...

I don't recommend this "hotel" for travelers with kids or old member of the family (elevator issues). If you can risk your car to be parked outside, then you can stay here... But for budget travelers seeking for basic accommodation, I recommend this.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Angeles City, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Our stay in this hotel is very pleasing. The staffs are very friendly and helpful. The hotel is ideally situated. It is a 10-20 min. Stroll to the city proper and Subic bay. The area where the hotel is safe. The hotel and rooms are lavish – completely comfortable. The rooms are spacious and elegantly furnished. The bathrooms are likewise large and clean. Rooms come with air-condition.Two thumbs up!!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Phillip Island, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

i had a great time staying here at Ridgecrest gardens hotel the staffs are friendly and very Helpful..
the room was very clean and they had a cozy bathroom room it's like staying in a first class hotel..
i't was perfect I will recommend this to other Tourist

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for one night after booking on the net. The hotel is centrally located on Magsaysay drive but is fairly difficult to find, The reception desk is up a steep narrow staircase with no help to carry baggage. The room i was give was dark and shabby and up another couple of flights of stairs --again no porter.. Certainly very poor value and is not recommended. Stay a few doors up the street at Subic Residencias.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Ridgecrest Gardens Hotel? Share your experiences!