We visited Sheavens in May of 2012 and wrote an earlier review. We returned this November and I'm happy to report we can continue to endorse both the resort and its employees.
The new pool was receiving its finishing touches while we were there and I can say it is beautiful!!! The (non salt) water is refreshing and clean and offered a nice alternative to the ocean for those who might want one.
We saw a great number of the same staff members we met in May - always a good sign (low staff turnover implies a positive working environment and good staff/management relations). In the dining "room" be sure to meet Grace and Rea - they'll make any nice dining experience even more enjoyable. And, be sure to meet Sam, the young, energetic manager, who is overseeing a robust program of improvements (new pool, room updates) and generally guaranteeing Sheavens will be a viable resort well into the future.
The restaurant is still a 24/7 operation which makes it incredibly convenient for midnight snacks or a late cocktail. There is also a sports bar next door that gets a number of games of international interest.
Our room was clean and comfortable (although could have used a stronger AC unit). The views were terrific (see photos).
Now, a little reality: there was ongoing construction work when we were there (finishing pool, improving ground floor rooms). There were times when the noise was a little annoying. This work was nearing completion when we were there, so this shouldn't be a problem for much longer.
And, if you're the type that gravitates toward the Hyatt/Intercontinental/Ritz - type experience, Sheavens may not be for you. The experience here is more earthy with a family-like feel to the staff that is quite welcoming. It is not the formal, arms-length, more sterile experience you can depend on from those other places. Each experience has its place, but they are quite different
We'll be back in January or February. Can't wait...
- Also Known As:
- Sheavens Seafront Resort Hotel
- Sheavens Seafront Resort Hotel Olongapo
- Sheavens Hotel Olongapo
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sheaven’s Resort Hotel provides the perfect balance of modern resort convenience bathed in a unique, relaxing environment of Southeast Asian sun, sea and tropical beauty. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda and Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your Sheavens Seafront Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.