“honeybee” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Arizona International Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Olongapo
Arizona International Resort
You added Arizona International Resort to your Saves list
47 National Highway | Barrio Barretto, Subic Bay, Olongapo, Luzon 2200, Philippines   |
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Olongapo
San Diego, California
“honeybee”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

my husband and I went to arizona bar to check it out. we like the food,and they have a small sports bar and another bar with lots of googo dancers inside. my negative comments about this place, when i went to the bathroom those bar girls was on the hall way getting dress right by the bathroom halway .those dancers should have their own dressing room. when i wanted to use their bathroom there was no room for me to get by plus bathroom was so crowded with bunch of googo dancer girls getting dress and doing their make-up. decided not to used their restroom.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I recently stayed at Arizona returned to this hotel for a week, It was truly awesome once again. here`s what I have to say about the place.

The Mai Tai Bar (where i spent most of my time so a good place to start)
The main bar in the middle of the resort looks out over the beach onto the bay. And you can see some really amazing sunsets from it. Cheap as local drinks worked out a vodka orange or rum and coke was like $1.40. and imported spirits not a great deal more expensive. Ice cold beer served with napkins cleaning the rim of the bottle. sports on all day with a whiteboard next to the bar with every up coming televised sport game time and date from Baseball, Nfl and basketball to cricket, boxing and Rugby. friendly staff that always remembered what I drank and how I had my breakfast. The night time bartender guys always chatted about sports and the bar is open 24 hours a day. extensive menu with amazing BBQ meats and fresh seafood. hands down best food option in subic area.

The Rooms.
I have actually stayed here a number of times and have had 4 different rooms. the budget rooms were nice and have a safe. cable tv, zircon and a fan. the more expensive rooms just get nicer amenities wise and larger. good value for money i found.

The Staff.
Gercheanne in reception was super helpful organising taxis, transfers, boats, my reservation and anything else i needed. All of the bar staff were awesome and spoke pod english. some had a tag on saying make sure i repeat your order.guess that is just for piece of mind. i never had a problem with my food orders and I ate here on average two times a day. The manager of the hotel is an australian guy named Gavin one of the nicest guys in Subic. the guy has the answer to any question you want to know from where to bar hop in town. where to avoid. where to eat, what tours or activities are good at the time of year. really guest orientated guy and has always made my stays here comfortable. the Dive crew guys. I didn't do any diving but I did drink with them and they were great guys to chat with.

Score Bar
Free pool and the girls working the bar love to challenge foreigners in a friendly game, cheap drinks. lots of girls i think they had about 30 or so between 2 shifts because the floating bar wasn't open during the time of year i stayed. haven't been lucky enough to drink at it, but its the talk of the town everyone is excited for it going back out on the water in a few weeks. lots of fun if you pull the chain at the bar and 100 ping pong balls drop from buckets in the ceiling and the girls scramble to get as many as they get because each one is worth money hahaha, 1500 peso to pull it, worth doing at least once just for a laugh. Tess who runs the bar is a real sweetheart. very friendly but also good to have a drink and a laugh with.

Subic town.
So many fun go-go and karaoke bars the whole way down the treat and trikes are everywhere so safe transport is taken care of. food stalls and take away joints pharmacies everything you need is in subic, they have a zoo with a tiger safari you can go to. pretty fun all admission into the zoo gives a guided a tour everywhere and safari jeep to cruise in. forgot to go gun shooting this time but will be doing it next time.

The Owner
Tommo is the owners name. He`s an Australian and a great guy to have a beer with. He also owns the Dog Panget a little Pug that is the mascot for the resort. the whole town knows panget. he is the most pampered dog in the world. loves a pat and scratch and is super friendly. You can't miss Tommo he is at the place everyday and like Gavin the manager is a great person to answer any of your questions from a foreigners perspective.
Also its good to let Tommo or Gavin know what activities you want to do because they put groups together of people travelling alone to save on taxis and stuff really helpful. I was at Arizona for my Birthday alone and they were kind enough to organise something for me and make me feel at home.

Negatives.
I only have one negative about my stay at Arizona recently. Panget the pug has been kept away from the bar and on a diet because he was too fat. I was looking forward to hanging out with him. when i complained about not getting to see panget to gercheanne in reception a couple of hours later he appeared and hung out for a while with me.

Summed up I find Arizona to be a friendly and fun place with great people envolved with the operations. I recommend it to anyone looking to visit subic bay.

Room Tip: Room 25 has a killer stone bath tub and huge shower area.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Battle Creek MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I am a frequent vacationer of the Subic Bay area; this was my forth vacation in the past 12 months. And my first stay at the Arizona.
“Wow” Arizona Resort has got to be the “Best keep secret in Subic” Man am I glad I selected this resort; I had the opportunity to stay at the Arizona International Resort (Barrio Barretto) for 9 days earlier this month. Rooms are affordable and well maintained, never a shortage of hot and cold water, as a matter of fact, great water pressure; for those who have never vacation in the Subic Area hotel water pressure is always a concern.
WI FI signal is powerful and works throughout the hotel, never a drop.
Restaurant and the 24 hour bar and grill will and did prepared and served some of the most delicious and well proportion breakfast, lunches, dinners, and late night snacks one could ever imagine. Fresh seafood plates, you pick the fish right out of the aquarium.
The sports bar (Score) which is connected to the hotel has all the comforts and live sports coverage any well deserving international traveler would possible want or need. The friendliest and attentive staff went way out of their way to see our ever need was met and at times before we knew I need it. Owner Tommo along with his manager Gavin went beyond what one would expect to make us feel special as well as conveying to us a feeling of being home away from home.
I am looking forwarded to staying here and celebrating Christmas and New Year’s. I will have a chance to pop in and visit the Arizona floating bar which opens this Nov (seasonal), I hear from the locals it is the best.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

I stayed at Arizona for two days...

Rooms are decent with personal safe, clean, staff very accommodating, and of course guest friendly. Took a trike to the happening sites of Subic and it cost me 50p. Had fun in Score Bar during finals of football. Had good food and beverages, of course it's much more cheaper then Clark.

Wanted to experience Floating Bar but sad it was closed due to Monsoon. It only operates from Nov - April.

Once again Great Staff, Manager & Location.

I'm sure to book Arizona on my next trip.

I would recommend it to all...

Cheers....

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
dixiedownunder
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

I had a great time at the Arizona. You really don't need to leave the place. They have an awesome restaurant and the floating bar is great fun. The pool is a great place to cool off. It's laid back as can be there. It's owned by an Australian. If you're lucky you'll get to have some drinks with Thommo out on the floating bar. Gavin is the Aussie that manages the place. He's the small skinny guy. You can't miss him. Be sure and introduce yourself to him and he'll give you some good tips on food, day trips, and nightlife. I went up and down the road, but this year I won't bother. It's all right there. The only thing I can say bad about it is that living like a king goes to your head and when you come back home, you might have a week or two of withdraw. They've got a shuttle to pick you up and drop you off in Manila for your flight. For my next trip, I'm bypassing Manila and going straight to the Arizona Resort. I think I will go down to Angeles for 2 or 3 days (3 days in Angeles is plenty). They'll sort all of that out for you too. You can ride in the air conditioned van. You don't have to try and figure anything out. All you have to do at the Arizona is eat, drink, and be merry. Just go sit at the bar in the afternoon and say "Thommo, I want to go to Angeles. Can you get me sorted out?"

Room Tip: I asked for the cheap room. I was there for the resort amenities. They have a range. Talk to Gavin i...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

Just returned from a diving weekend with my daughter and a couple of close friends.
Room were very clean and the staff friendly.
The dive shop was very well equipped and clean.
The food was to die for and very good portion sizes at a reasonable prices.
many thanks to Mark,Tim and Gavin for a very enjoyable weekend
See you again in 2013

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I read good things about the staff at this place on TripAdvisor so I decided I would give it a try for my scuba weekend in Subic.

First of all, the staff. When I roll solo on a trip I am known to talk it up with the bar/wait staff. They are among some of the friendliest I have ever been around. Order a latte or a drink from Angelica behind the bar and you'll be greeted with one of the nicest smiles in Barrio Barretto. The girls at the front desk were always welcoming whenever I had a questions about the hotel or the surrounding area. Internet goes down? That's OK, because Gavin is on it and calls up the IT guys. Staff that cares!

Make sure you try the food at Arizona. They have a diverse menu that you almost cannot go wrong with. Bring your appetite though because the portions can be big! Don't hesitate to ask the girls what their favorites are. I was recommended the sizzling seafood platter and it was so good that the guy next to me said, "I'll have one of those!"

Then you've got the dive shop. Marc, Phil, and Tengtong (I can't remember how to spell) are great guys. They are really friendly and down to earth instructors who know Subic Bay. I was able to get in 6 dives over 3 days with these guys and they're often down to grab a cold one at the end of the day in the bar. If you get your certification, make sure you ask about the "initiation."

The only thing I missed while here was the fact that the floating bar wasn't out during this time of the season. I would like to come back during that time of the season as the dive shop says they often finish off their days there.

I hope you have as great a time at Arizona Resort as I did!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Been to Arizona International Resort? Share your experiences!