“Arizona comes up trumps” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Arizona International Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Olongapo
Arizona International Resort
You added Arizona International Resort to your Saves list
47 National Highway | Barrio Barretto, Subic Bay, Olongapo, Luzon 2200, Philippines   |
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Olongapo
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Yeovil, United Kingdom
“Arizona comes up trumps”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

I stayed at this resort for the 1st time in march 2012 for five days. Gercheann handled my booking and I have only praise for her as I have have had dealings with her from the bluerock resort days.
The resort is what it says on the tin.....good food and well organised, rooms clean..... no complaints .
The highlight of the resort was good atmosphere floating bar and the up and coming diving operation.....boath boading well for the future.
On the whole,good value for money and great location...only criticism...san miguel beer...but that's a universal criticism !
Will return.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

This was my first trip to the Philippines but I'm already planning a return visit for later this year. As this was my first time to the country I did as much on-line research as I could to find a good place to do a bit of recreational scuba diving and just plain relaxing. Subic Bay was offered as a good place for diving and Arizona International resort was recommended as a great place to stay.
From my pick-up at the airport in Manila to the warm farewell I received at the end of my stay, everything about my experience at the Arizona was fantastic.
I arrived late on Sunday night but my room was ready and the restaurant open and ready to serve a tired traveller. My room was clean and cool, and the restaurant menu wonderfully diverse.
Arizona is right on the beach and in the morning I was able to get my first look and take a short swim. This was the holiday destination I had been hoping for.
Within a few days I was welcomed by hotel and restaurant staff by name and all were very well informed and ready to answer questions about local activities, transportation options and the like.
I dined in a number of restaurants throughout the area during my two week stay, but for quality and value, the Arizona was one of the best.
I had initially booked just one week of my two week holiday at the Arizona, but at the end of my first week I extended my stay until the end of my holiday as I could see no reason whatsoever for leaving.
I plan to be back to the Arizona later this year, and to stay even longer this time. I highly recommend the Arizona and look forward my next visit.

Room Tip: Deluxe room 16 was great. Nice and roomy and a good layout.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

My girlfriend and I decided to stay there one night as a get away from Angeles City. It's a perfect beautiful little place to unwind and relax. Located on the beachfront in Olongapo there is very little reason to leave the resort, unless you count taking a walk along the beach.
We had the family room, even though we were a couple, and it was beautiful. Located on the second floor with it's own balcony and incredible views the room was more than what we expected. The bathroom was clean and modern. A nice flat screeen TV with a couch and even a sit down dinner table and chairs.
The restaurant was nice with a good atmosphere and food and decent prices. Then of course there is the floating bar. Yes it's a bit gimmicky but you have to try it at least once cause it really can be fun out there.
The beach is perfect for swimming and teh water was nice and warm. They even have Jet Ski rentals available for those interested.
For 3500 pesos for one night all in all it was well worth the visit. Would hihly recommend it and will stay there again in the near future.

Room Tip: Room 24 is just like everyone says....perfect
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

service as pretty good, and I think the reviews here are mostly correct. of course, this area seems to cater to mostly the bars outside and the century old fat expat crowd. but the service in this resort was good. there were a few families from manila and a few groups of filipino youngsters. rooms were large and clean. the washroom was clean, though not so big. the view of the sea was good, and though the seas were rough when i was here, it made interesting watching

Room Tip: take a room in the center - those near the road are noisy, and the ones near the bar are noisy too!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

This hotel's core market appears to be sex tourism for western guys over 50 who are there to avail of the recently resurgent Go-Go bars of Barrio Barretto. So if you are militant feminist or a moralising prude this is not a place for you to visit - unless you're planning to picket it.

We are a family group (with a 4 year old in tow) and it was our third choice hotel as our first two options (Wild Orchid, Subic Grand Seas) were full. But we found Arizona to be a perfectly good place that was very well run and super value for money.

At only P3,600 per night our "family" room was even replete with a mirror on the ceiling. I couldn't work out why it was offset from the bed's position and provided us only a voyeuristic view of our feet. But that probably reflects more on my ignorance or lack of imagination The room was big enough, the simple bathroom had good water pressure and was clean and serviceable. Niggles were quickly cleared by responsive staff.

The much ballyhood floating bar is in effect an open-air daytime girly bar. It is stocked with ladies to entertain the guests. I suspect a few are rather past their best before dates but maybe the same labour laws are at work here that leave western airlines with harridan stewardesses. The views from the bar are nice and the breeze out there is very refreshing on hot days. Beers are nice and cold and the service is good.

Back on land in the main restaurant the food was good, the portions generous and prices very cheap. The configuration of the roof and wind shielding combine to create a greenhouse effect which super heats the restaurant area beyond the ambient background temperate. I'm sure any decent architect/engineer could fix this but it was the only serious downer for me about the hotel. On a hot day it makes you dread having to sit our there. There's always the floating bar to retreat too but it would be much better to just fix it.

Overall great value for money and we will probably use this hotel again for a cheap break in the future.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

My wife, two children and I stayed at the Arizona Hotel for 5 nights. We spent much of our time on wreck dives (scuba) in Subic Bay and attending the Philippine Bash Hash. We had a great room a suite with 3 beds and 2 balconies overlooking the bay. The service was very good and the staff could not be more friendly. There are not a lot of choices in Barrio Barretto for restaurants but the Arizona was reasonably good and we ate most our meals there.

Let's face it Barrio Barretto is mostly bars and partying. Spending most the day underwater digging through WWII wrecks and the Arizona fit the bill. If you are hitting the bar scene it would probably not be a bad choice either.

Room Tip: Room 24 sleeps 4 and has an excellent view.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Angeles City, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

We last stayed at the Arizona Hotel 2 weeks ago, and it's a place my wife and I visit every single year while staying in the Philippines. Our room cost about 1600 pesos, if memory serves, with a small discount for cash versus credit card payments. The beach is shared with neighboring institutions, though for some reason, you hardly ever see anyone besides vendors enjoying it. This usually leaves us more room for swimming in the sea, which we adore. Granted, the water is not as clean here as it is 30 minutes further in Botolan in Zambales, but the great thing here is that there is a lot of company, without you feeling cramped out by the presence of too many tourists.

Beer is very affordable, even what comes in the in-room fridge. I usually eat the curry here, though they have a nice weekend buffet, which my wife prefers. The restaurant service is generally very good, with smiling waitresses being always friendly.

We will definitely be going back there soon, as it's less than an hour away from (land-locked) Angeles where we live, and the drive along the SCTEX is quite easy and pleasant. They have a "floating bar" a few feet into the water, and we will try to visit it next time.

Room Tip: A reservation is not a bad idea at all, especially if visiting during the weekend.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Arizona International Resort? Share your experiences!