“Average decent hotel” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Wild Orchid Resort

and 1 more site!
You added Wild Orchid Resort to your Saves list
Wild Orchid Resort
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Corner A Santos St & Johnny St. | Balibago, Angeles City, Luzon 2009, Philippines   |
Ranked #21 of 60 Hotels in Angeles City
Malaysia
“Average decent hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2010

The hotel is one of the better hotels in this area. Pricing is on a high side with a normal room costing about 3,900 pesos and a promotional price of 2,800 pesos . There was no difference between online booking and walk in .
Counter staff were friendly and speak good English. They accept major currency and credit cards for deposit and bill payment.
Facilities available were swimming pool with bar, wifi, free internet at a stand alone computer located at lobby,no spa was visible or listed.

Room 31 & 32 that we stayed were reasonable good . They had pay per view tv with a good selection of channels - english channels, sports, chinese, indian etc so in case you wanted to laze in the room! Bathrooms were big and clean. Towels could be better and bigger. All other items were provided at cost - tooth brush, tooth paste , condoms, shampoo etc. Nice minibar too.Please note that there is no lift so you will need to walk up to your room.

Pool looked inviting though we decided to skip this .

They have one major restaurant that operates 24 hours so food is not a problem although the pricing is slightly expansive ( average meal about 400 - 500 pesos and very western dishes)

Location of this hotel is in the heart of the happening street with all the best pubs, bars etc located within minutes from this hotel. There is plenty of tricycles around right in front of the hotels and cabs.

Overall, if you are on a budget , there are plenty of other options with price range between 1200 pesos to 1500 pesos but if you want comfort , then is hotel is a better choice.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Taipei, Taiwan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2010

Was the second part of my SEA vacation. Spent first part of my vacation in Jakarta at a 5 star hotel. I paid about $125 a night and it was excellent. Then I got to this Angeles and the Wild Orchid. I chose a balcony room. The room was nice but a little dated. Not that big a deal, but for only a little bit less than what I paid in Jakarta, I expected a little bit more.
I loved the location and was able to get to the places I wanted to go easily. Having a poker room right by the lobby was nice also. The staff were very attentive and friendly.

Overall, I love this hotel I would have gave it four stars if not for the price. Due to the price I might try a different hotel next time.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Pacific Islands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2010

This was the best value for our dollar and the location was awesome. Wish we could have stayed longer. Well, something to look forward to in a return trip.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends
California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2009

I stayed at the wild orchid hotel for the first time about one year ago. The hotel at that time seemed decent, but signs of wear and tear were beginning to show. I thought I would give it another shot this visit. To my suprise, it seemed like very little has been done to maintain the property. It wasn't all that bad, but I felt the overall feeling of the hotel was tired and slightly dirty. The pool was still nice. I enjoyed it, but it still has a lack of much needed landscaping. I was a bit sad that the waitresses didn't chat as much as before. I did hear that some of the old managers moved on so that may have been the reason. Overall, the room was decent for angeles city. I did think the rooms were a bit small and that the interior decor needed a upgrade. All in all, I felt the prices were a tad bit high for a older hotel. Definitely better options out there for $100/night.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2009

i got to Manila and went down the ramp to meet my driver, i found him with no problem, the only draw back was the traffic, never seen so many bad drivers anywere, it took us about one hour just to get to the toll road, but it went by fast once we were on the open road. while i was checking the desk clerk was a kind and polite. my room was very well kept. my room was the garden room and was quiet. the service that the hotel provides is very good not to mention the the smile that comes with it. over all i would say this is a well managed hotel with very well trained staff. the bar area is a nice place to have a cool drink and talk to the bar maids, there very friendly and with all it comes with a smie

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2009

Wild Orchid Angeles City Philippines
I had the misfortune to stay at the Wild Orchid hotel for two nights well visiting Angeles , the hotel itself is very nice rooms are comfortable and well appointed
How ever I paid a premium to stay in a Balcony room, big mistake, if you’re a person who likes to rest in the afternoon and prepare for an evening out DO NOT book one of these rooms in fact avoid this hotel, the noise from the construction next door, screams and yells from the pool and the cleaning staff talking at 90 decibels higher then required in the hall way between themselves is just a little overwhelming
There are certainly better alternatives to this hotel at a much more reasonable rate
I would not recommend this hotel as a suitable place for though who come for what Angeles offer

• Stayed April 2009, traveled solo
Honolulu, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2009

If you are looking to be right in the thick of it all, the Wild Orchid is the place to stay! I spent three nights there and found myself in a constant party in a city that doesnt sleep! My room was very clean, somewhat outdated but fit my needs perfectly. The staff were amazing, and when I came back a few days later a girl at the front desk remembered my first and last name (and was kind enough to let me exchange money there).

One of my favorite amenities is the poolbar, 24 hour room service, onsite bar, a Poker room and great lounge area. They have a computer in the lobby which seems always to be free which you can use, downside is no wireless internet... then again, with all the excitement around the hotel checking my email was at the bottom of the list!

If you have not yet been to Angeles, I definitely recommend that you start your vacation at the Wild Orchid and then consider treating yourself to a more modern hotel after you experience the main strip.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled solo

Been to Wild Orchid Resort? Share your experiences!