“Quality & Affordability Wrapped up in One!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cafe Deutschland

Cafe Deutschland
125 Theodoro Street, Sta Maria 1 | Balibago, Angeles City, Luzon 1000, Philippines
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #78 of 236 Restaurants in Angeles City
Cuisines: Asian, European, Filipino, German
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery
Angeles City, Philippines
“Quality & Affordability Wrapped up in One!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

Cafe D is certainly a culinary delight. I would advise any foreigner and/or Filipino alike to experience cuisine that's comparable to any major five-star restaurant, yet still keeping to a quaint and cozy atmosphere. Certainly my choice when dining out.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Manila, Philippines
“Must try resto in Angeles city”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

I have tried almost all popular restos in AC. This one is unique in its ambiance, casual open air dining and food served on classy glasswares.
Its German cuisine, cant go wrong with their goulash, schnitzels, sausages, and cucumber salad. All food are freshly prepared, takes about 20mins to be served. Potato side dishes are good too, try their potato salad and home style potato. Their specialty is the crispy pork knuckle, but the server warned us it will take an hour to prepare so we skipped it.
Prices are reasonable as portions are genorous. Service was good and you could view the food prepared nicely from the kitchen. Will come back and try other dishes, I just hope they consider improving their coffee, an espresso machine perhaps? Guten Appetit! Mahlzeit!

Springfield, Ohio
“Authentic German Food, Big Menu, Nice People”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I visited Café Deutschland’s new location at 125d Teodoro St. This is a lovely, clean, open-air restaurant with plenty of rotating fans to keep the air moving. The kitchen is open so you can see your food being prepared and the service is good. The owner, Erich, is a German and his wife Filipino wife, Lilet, has truly mastered the art of German cooking. Between the two of them, they’ve trained Chef “Che” who prepared all the dishes I enjoyed.

I’ve had four different dishes here and been pleased with all.
-“Leberkäse mit Ei” (German meatloaf with sunny-side up egg on top) for breakfast. Simple dish and very tasty. The meatloaf is not a finely ground as I’m used to in Germany, but it was still plenty good. There are naturally a few limitations when you’re working with Filipino raw materials.
- Gulasch Soup, too. Plenty of meat, nicely spiced, service with a nice piece of fresh French bread.
- I got the Jägerschnitzel (pork cutlet with mushroom sauce) as take out and found myself scraping up the last bits of sauce. The French fries were a bit soggy, but that’s just because they had been wrapped in foil. I’ve had the fresh fries also and they were crispy and tasty. They cut them there themselves from freshly purchased potatoes.
- My favorite is the old German standard Wienerschnitzel (breaded pork cutlet) with fries. This tasted GREAT and had I closed my eyes, I could have imagined myself in a Gaststätte (restaurant) in Germany.

To find the new locations, Norma’s Money Changer is a well-known landmark, which is just across the street and up a few buildings. If you do not know where this is, just ask any trike driver to take you there. You will probably have to pass through the rather seedy “red light” district of Angeles City to get there, but don’t let that stop you, since the restaurant is several blocks outside of that area.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Angeles City, Angeles, Philippines
“Best of German food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

Great American style potato salad! I also tried a Germany style that was very good. I didn't have time to eat a full meal (the salads were takeout) but I will certainly return. The staff was very polite and the owner accomadating. The interior was nice, clean and inviting.

Visited March 2012
Manila, Philippines
“The best of German food in Town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

The restaurant offers over 70 menu items and it is a kind of hard to make your selection seeing all pics of yummy food. We decided to try the Schnitzel and the Sausage platter. Like in Germany a large Hunter schnitzel with a great mushroom gravy, home fried potatoes and a mixed garden salad was not only very tasty but also absolutely tender. The waiter explained that they make all Schnitzel from Pork Loin. The Sausage platter with Sauerkraut and a excellent tasting potato salad offered us Hungarian, Bratwurst, Frankfurter and a Wienerli. We added Sauerkraut which was also home made and we enjoyed the food very much. They have next to local also German Beer and all is reasonable priced. The service was very accommodating and friendly and we had an enjoyable dinner. We shall return.

• Visited August 2012