“Excellent location....great service from staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Century Hotel Angeles City

Save Saved
You added Century Hotel Angeles City to your Saves list
Century Hotel Angeles City
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Century Complex | Balibago, Angeles City, Luzon 2009, Philippines (Formerly Century Resort Hotel)   |
Ranked #19 of 57 hotels in Angeles City
Canton, Illinois
“Excellent location....great service from staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

I've stayed at the Century before. The hotel is right behind Pagcor casino & walking distance to Fields Avenue where the bars & action is. All the staff from front desk to housekeeping were attentive to my needs. Employees greet you with hello sir, hello mam & a smile. There are bellman stationed at the front door who open the doors for you. My non smoking room was updated & comfortable with a quiet air conditioner. I had a Queen size bed with excellent mattress. There is a nice size flat screen tv, a desk in your room, comfortable chairs, mini fridge & modern electronic room safe. Remotes operate the air con & tv. The shower & facilities are updated & everything in my room worked well. My room was really clean do to work of the housekeeping staff. This hotel has a great swimming pool, nice breakfast & dinner buffet were available during my stay. The prices for food, drink, & laundry services were more than reasonable. This means a lot to me as many hotels overcharge for these services. This is a well managed hotel with attentive friendly staff. I would definitely return to the Century & highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Be sure to request a non smoking room if you don't smoke.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

60 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Dublin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Booked a Superior Queen Room (Contempo/New Room), based mainly on Price, Location and the fact that it had a pool. When I was shown to my room, I was disappointed as the room looked better on their web-site. I just arrived late at night after a long flight and a frustrating taxi-ride from the airport, so I decided to go to bed and see if I could move to a better room in the morning.
The next morning, I got up, and when I opened the curtains, I was more disappointed with having a wall as a view. When I asked at reception that I ordered a 'Superior Room' and my view consisted of a wall, builders rubble and an air-con unit, I was told that that was the best they had, as the other rooms on the other floors didn't even have a window !!

Also, there was a door adjoining my room to the next room. Unfortunately for me, the guest in the next room was loud and I could hear their TV and conversations. A bit of battle-of-the TV's for a while and they got the hint !!
Other than that, the room was OK, in that it was clean, comfortable bed and the shower/bathroom were OK (though on the small side).

Other gripes about the hotel where.....
-- The breakfast was weird (from a European prospective) in that it seems to be a fusion of cuisine from China and the US, consisting of various curries and weak/tepid coffee. I didn't go back after the first morning.
-- The pool only had 4 sunbeds, and they were located in a shallow part of the pool itself, direct in the baking sunlight with no parasol or table. Fine if you're a reptile, but not at all suitable for an Irishman.
-- They had free WiFi, but it was slow and your password is limited to just one device (though a bit of whinging at the receptionist resulted in another password for more devices).

Overall, I was disappointed in the hotel, but I guess at the end of the day it was only $55 a night, and you get what you pay for. In hindsight, I wished I'd paid a bit more for something with a better pool and room with a balcony, so as I could chill out during the day. So, although poor, because of the price I gave it an average score.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

We spent two nights at this hotel.
Rooms are clean enough and quite spacious. No concerns with Internet connectivity.
Our requests were met with a non-smoking room, though I suspect the rooms beside us were smoking rooms as there is a stale cigarette odour in the hallway that lingers into the room.
We had dinner at the hotel's Peking House, a seafood buffet that was tasty and good value.
The hotel is not far from Dao bus terminal, approx 10 minute walk. A tricycle will cost no more than 150 Pessos.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

I stayed 6 nights in a updated room with 2 queen beds. Received 2 free breakfasts and 2 free dinners with online reservations. All the meals were great no complaints from me or my companion. The beds were very comfortable, little hard but this is to be expected in the Philippines. Room was nicely decorated and clean, the housekeepers, men, a little unusual, were promt and nice but they did not clean very good. Seems they would just push the dust under the bed or not sweep at all. Some days were worse then others. Nothing bad enough to complain but noticable. Glad we were on the bottom floor in the back and middle of the building. Pretty quiet there, very little noise from the construction. Only during the mid day did I hear any thing. Seems they are building all around the hotel. Now on the weekends the club attached to the hotel plays their music so loud the walls shake in the reception area and the rooms near the reception part of the hotel. No way I could have lived with that if I was in those rooms. Make sure you stay in the middle of the hotel in the back. Room 16 or past.
Other then this we had a great stay there, close to the casino and all the action in Angeles. Staff were very helpful and courtious. Pool was great, every time I swam in it we were the only ones there. I would stay there again if I was back in that part of town.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Darwin, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

My renovated deluxe room was great apart from old a/c which even staff found difficult to get cold.I awoke to banging,jack hammers & loud voices from tradesmen outside my window.Allen from front desk immediately moved me to another room but still the noise without the yelling.This room a/c no problem.Aparently they are renovating upstairs so if you like to sleep in then this is a bad time for this hotel.I guess this is why the special price.Location,staff & room are excellent.Will be great when finished.Allen helped me,taking me to the supermarket & arranging a plate with cutlery when I needed it.This service is great.Pool was nice but very small & when a couple of families were there with kids i had no chance of a swim

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Manila, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

We are annual patrons of the hotel, that is why were surprised that, for the first time, we were not treated accordingly by the hotel staff (receptionists). The issues were as follows (according to the gravity of their "disservice"):

1. Upon checking out, they initially refused to render a senior citizen discount to my mother-in-law. Their reason was that I was the one who booked the hotel stay (2 rooms, one for me and one for my in-laws), so according to them, regardless of how many rooms I had reserved, it would always reflect on me. My in-laws paid their own accommodation, so they were surprised to hear such remarks. Obviously, they do not understand the Senior Citizen Act.

2. They are not well-coordinated. I booked a two-day accommodation a week ahead by calling their Manila correspondence. The person who confirmed our reservation stated that we would be given all and the same promos and benefits as what I have seen on the website (I could not contact the hotel itself from Manila that time, their phone lines always hung up). However, upon our actual date of checking-in, we were utterly surprised when the receptionists stated that there were no free dinners for us, because we did not book online - only through phone. This would have been fine if their Manila contact, right from the start, made it clear about the promos. However, obviously, it was not the case after all.

The aforementioned never happened during our previous stays at the hotel, only this time.

Overall, I would advise potential guests to verify in detail and in verbatim all transactions (especially on the bookings and senior citizen benefits).

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Sweden
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I recommend Century hotel to all people in Europe.They have the best service.The food they serve are great.Staff are ready to serve you the best they can esp. Sir Allan the desk supervisor.The DeskClerk Anne,Eunice and Donna are not only beautifull and nice but always there to give me help in many ways.Staying in these hotell is a perfect place to relax.They have good food,Nice swimming pool,Nice rooms and evrything that a customers could asked for.The hotel is just near to all the tourist spot in Clark,Hospital,drugstore,SM malls, Marque Mall and Angeles City itself.My family had a great time in these hotel.I love Century Resort Hotel and would always love to come back!!!Again thanks to all the staff!My daugther loves to come back!she had so much fun with all the children activity you had last Easter sunday

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Century Hotel Angeles City? Share your experiences!