“nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Century Hotel Angeles City

You added Century Hotel Angeles City to your Saves list
Century Hotel Angeles City
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Century Complex | Balibago, Angeles City, Luzon 2009, Philippines (Formerly Century Resort Hotel)   |
Ranked #22 of 58 Hotels in Angeles City
Manila, Philippines
“nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2011

i didn't notice that there is a hotel when you pass the casino.and i found out that this hotel is good. their staffs are nice, the ambiance. the food in the restaurant is good. Some of the bars are walking distance. actually when you want to go to walking street, you don't need to ride a jeepney all you need to do is to walk..

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Canton, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2011

I extended my stay here 2 times after the initial reservation. My room was nice and looked newly renovated. Everything was comfortable. There is a nice flat screen TV in the rooms, modern safe and refrigerator.

I had a great housekeeper who really took care of me including making sure my laundry was done quickly. The bellman were always there if you needed something. They asked me many times if I needed anything. The manager Allan really seemed to care about your comfort.

The only downside for me was my room window did not have a view and soundproofing is minimal. The great service from the employees made up for that. Overall I like this hotel and would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Rooms in back of hotel are quieter.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Aurora, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

My check-in was fast and door / front desk personnel were very friendly. My superior room had been renovated - the decor was very cozy. The room had very nice up to date furniture, comfortable bed and the shower worked very well “Hot Water with good pressure.” Friendly Housekeeping - kept my room clean. Free room WIFI was fast – better than my other hotel stay in Manila. Free Breakfast was Asian style; which was OK for me. Hotel located a few blocks from the Bar scene and noise, which made for an interest walks to / from the Walking Street area; 2 min walk.
GREAT Deal for the Money, Excellent Service; would stay again and recommend to friends.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2011

My first time in Philippine. Fly into Clark. Stayed first night here. Excellent services by the two gentlemen. Ralph brought the pizza delivery man to my door step, hold the door while I made payment and said "this is my job". He also ran down the road to get me a reliable tricycle driver and arranged return trip on busy hour! Allan has kindly arranged last minute bus to ermita for me. Even gave some good advices. Thank you guys for excellent services during my short stay!

Cons- Renovation started at 7.30-am even though was told from 9 to 5 when I asked upon
check in. I immediately called front office. The loud hammering stopped but came back a few knocks on, off, on, off, on to full force later. They put me in the last room nearest to the revocation site. People started talking loudly outside at 5.30am, I suspected they are maintenance men. My room is very near maintenance room. Very poor sleep due to bad room allocation. I hope the management will improve on this. By the way, I paid for better superior room in this hotel.

Room Tip: Away from renovation side. Asked for view with sunlight. My room has no sunlight, blocked.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
jennytsohu, Director of Sales at Century Hotel Angeles City, responded to this review, October 21, 2011
Dear Yeni F,

How was your first time experience in the Philippines? We are happy to know that you were delighted by the services of our associates. Allan + Ralph are pleased for the wonderful mention.

The renovation has brought many good feedback (new room ambience + comfort) and a few not-so-good ones too (construction noise). Now, we are glad that it’s finally over! As the renovation phase is now moving towards our Banquet + Events facilities. Guests may now enjoy our new rooms to the max!

Hope to see you again Yeni F in one of your future trips in the City.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2011 via mobile

for tge old rooms:definitely the rooms need renovation. you could very well compare the rooms to cheap motels in manila.

had i not paid for an average price for not so very average amenities, i wouldnt have said anything against this establishment. but youll definitely wont get the value for your money. i would recommend other hotels nearby.

upon checkin the staff handed to me metal keys for the room. the doors are not key card operated so youll definitely know what to expect. yet you will still be surprised as to how old the room is--beds, tv, toilet, towels, blankets, pillows. i never used the towels they provided nor have tried to have the pillows made contact with my face due to hygiene issues.

tv remote doesnt work though the ref, window type aircon and an old tv do their jobs at least. fortunate for me, im very tired that night so i had a momentary sleep. until...

my unrequested wake up call came-- the heavy banging of hammers and the sound of drill guns near our room! horrible! oh, as they say it, they are RENOVATING... specific term used by management is CHANGING!its already 8am yet said noise is inexcusable, esp that they did not notify us ahead upon checkin that they will be employing this one of a kind alarm clock.

unable to return to sleep, went to breakfast instead. at least they have modest food selection. definitely not plenty but the quality would suffice coupled with friendly staff service.

heard from a friend staying at a newly renovated room that the newly painted room still smells of paint. unless you want to get high on paint odor, ill definitely wont recommend you to visit this ?hotel in the next few months until renovation is completed. otherwise, if you insist, goodluck!

• Stayed October 2010
Dear frogprince6,

It was unfortunate that you weren’t able to enjoy our new Superior Rooms. Here, you would have enjoyed a five-star room facility you have been looking for.

Yes we’ve changed! As we phrase it. Renovating would be an under-rated term. It was not just simply “renovating”, we have stripped down everything. All that was left was the concrete walls. All the rest are new. Plumbing + electrical system, ceiling + flooring, furniture’s + beds + linen’s, toilet + bath fixtures. We’ve definitely changed!

I would like to invite you once again as we are glad to let you know that Superior and Deluxe Room renovation’s are finally over. We are now heading to the change of our Banquet + Events facilities located at a separate building.

Services have always been incomparable plus rooms have been updated to anew. We hope your next experience would bring greater satisfaction.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

the hotel lobby was clean, the services are impressive. all staffs are friendly. their superior rooms are nice, clean and neat. if you're party pip, you can go to Hacienda.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Dear omlepaps,

Thanks for the nice feedback!

Hope to see you again!

Oh, by the way, we have just partnered with Hacienda. All guests will get a free entrance at the superclub. Another way of adding value!
Cebu Island, Philippines
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011

The hotel lobby was very clean and the hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. Upon entering the room I found that it was small but very cozy, everything that you need is right there. The bed was a very confront able king. One thing that I didn’t like was the alley view in room 105 (don’t get anyone of those rooms on that side of the hotel, you will be disappointed; looking at an alley. Now I will say this, I had to extend my stay about two days, and I had a problem getting my room cleaned in a timely fashion, it took 2 hours for clean towels. And they did empty the trash, until I requested them to do so.
However, if you stay there do not have the hotel recommend a private taxi. They can’t seem to get the price right. One wanted to charge me 2,800 (hotel) and 3,400 (driver) then wanted me to pay the toll fare.
If you ask me would I stay there again the answer would be Maybe not, all of the other hotels in that area would have to be booked. Then again I might just grab a box and a tree.
Terrance 08SEPT2011

Room Tip: don't let them put you in Room 105
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
jennytsohu, General Manager at Century Hotel Angeles City, responded to this review, September 26, 2011
Thank you Terrance_3267 for sharing your experience.

We hope that you have received the email we sent you last 15 September 2011. As promised, here is an update: (1) Our 3rd party transportation provider has already terminated the said driver permanently. (2) Century has placed the 3rd party provider in probationary status. (3) Revisited procedures on ‘Do not Disturb Rooms’ and ‘Request Response Time’ and made necessary adjustments. (4) Disseminated a report all departments concerned of the review.

While this may no longer take back the experience you’ve had, we hope that these actions will somehow regain your confidence in the hotel.

Once again, thank you for letting us know your experience and giving the management an opportunity to see and a chance to improve our services. Give us the honor of serving you once again and we hope to see you on your next trip.

Been to Century Hotel Angeles City? Share your experiences!