“Great Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 60 Hotels in Angeles City
Norfolk, Virginia
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

We stayed at oasis hotel in our last visit to angeles city. It is a great hotel with great amenities considering the rate that they are charging, it was value for money and more . it may not be a 5 star hotel but with 5 star service. Rooms are big enough and very very clean. It had a resort feel which we love. we enjoyed the pool area very much. It has a restaurant that serves delicious steaks and great restaurant staff! It is a bit far from the bar district but had a free shuttle in the evening. overall we had a wonderful stay at the oasis and will book again when we visit angeles city

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
greater los angeles
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

I recently stayed one night at the Oasis Hotel. My overall impression was not very good...although I'll explain why in more detail. I think for some people who are not expecting a lot, it's a good price and they may be happy to stay here.

The hotel is definitely out of date and somewhat of a time capsule. I can't say for sure, but it's as if nothing has been touched since the 50's. It's in a good location to the Clark business park location or airport, and on a secure ground. The front desk was nice enough and offered a free welcome drink.

By the standard of other hotels in the area, the room was mid range. I can't compare this to 5 star hotels I've stayed in. And the fact that the decor was dated is not a huge issue for me. My only room complaints were it was very noisy and there was a loud crowd late at night that disturbed me even over the window unit ac. And the placement of the windows in relationship to the walkways outside meant I could either have the blinds drawn or have privacy, not both.

The pool area was small and had some other activities like ping pong. It was hard to tell who the other travelers were, there were some young and some business professionals. The hotel did not really seem to cater to either group and so both seemed a little out of place.

The breakfast was small but fine and the staff there was helpful. It would have been nice to have outdoor seating options. Even in the heat, it's pleasant to sit outside in the shade during the morning hours. I stepped into the bar briefly, and it was small and dark and empty. It might be fun with a crowd, but not the kind of place I'd want to hang out in solo.

The business center was dated and the keyboard I used had a very sticky space bar. Also, it only opens at 9am, so for business travelers, that's a little late in the day, I think.

The price is very good. My room was about $75 US including the breakfast.

So depending on your priorities, this might be the right place for you.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Bacoor
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2011

When I go on a business trip all I look for in a hotel is a good bed, warm water, a decent TV and cable and a Internet connection. The bed and warm water are pretty much easy to get as long as you check in a decent place. For some reason or other putting a decent TV seems to be something many provincial hotels have a hard time doing.

When I am in Clark I usually stay at the Holiday Inn. Stayed at the Oasis outside Clark almost by accident. Initially I was not impressed, as the place is very understated. But after having stayed there for two days I changed my mind. The Oasis has Internet everywhere. In your room, the lobby and restaurant and even by the pool. And yes, they have a TV's with clear screen and clear cable. For such a humble looking place the restaurant is excellent. Will be staying at the Oasis on my next trip north. Better amenities and is cheaper.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
leeds
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2011

Two types of people tend to stay in Angeles- travellers overnighting before a flight from Clark airport and sex tourists drawn to the towns many Go-Go bars and clip joints, a hangover from the days when Clark was a US air base. The Oasis and the Clarkton next door seem to be the best hotels in town and certainly the Oasis seems to try and distance itself from the seediness of the town. Its situated in a compound, so if you choose you can walk round effectively sealed off from the outside world, in an environment that’s like smalltown USA. We flew into Manila airport in early evening so arranged for the hotel to send a driver to pick us up and take us the 2 hours North to Clark. Once out of the traffic choked city the driver decided to demontrate his formula 1 racing skills with some hair raising driving. I’ve tolerated some scary taxis around the world but even I had to draw the line when our driver began tailgating an ambulance on an emergency call, driving to within inches of its bumper flashing his lights at 90mph! I told him to slow down, which he did, but when we got out he had the cheek to ask for a tip, on top of the already expensive fee. The airport has the feel of a decent mid range business hotel but has a strange layout. Its like a motel and seems to spread over a large distance . Theres a nice pool overlooked by the restaurant but none of the rooms have a view of the pool. Our room had high small windows so felt a bit dark and cell like. Also it was positioned by a busy corridor so we got quite a bit of noise from people passing in the night. Also the A/C unit rattled all night so I didn’t have a great nights sleep. The room was quite small but clean and well decorated. It had a fridge, safe and TV. We ate in the restaurant which was quite expensive and the food was of good quality but was unfortunately almost cold when served. Also as we ate we were visited by a pack of scabby feral cats, some missing ears and tails which the waiters didn’t really discourage. I even saw one toss some scraps to one skinny specimen. After dinner we walked up the road to the Clarkton, which was nicer than it looked from the outside. It also had a nice pool and some of the rooms had balconies and pool views. The Clarkton has a nightclub which advertises ‘cultural dances’. I poked my head in to see around 30 scantily clad women gyrating on the stage, which I suppose for Angeles does qualify as a ‘cultural dance’. There certainly seemed to be more sex tourist type customers at the Clarkton than at the Oasis so for a family or non swinging couples I’d say Oasis is best. In summary, the Oasis was quite expensive for the Philippines but in a bit of a dodgy town, if you want to play it safe its probably the best option.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Denver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2010

This was my second stay at Oasis Hotel. I like the fact that the hotel is located in a private compound. it makes for a quiet, and restful experience. Also, it is away from the party scene far down the road. I really liked this aspect of the hotel, as I am not interested in partying.
Upon entering the lobby and arrival at the front counter I was ignored for a good 60-90 seconds. I am not sure why the front desk staff decided I wasn't worth acknowledging with something like, "We'll be right with you sir." Instead I got a (after the time mentioned above), "Yes sir." Once I mentioned my reservation etc everything went better, but I still felt the female staff member could have been a little bit more welcoming. Perhaps she was having a bad day.

My wife and I stayed in the junior suite. It was very clean and well maintained. They had updated the televisions since my last stay in 2005. Now they have nice LCD screens. The room was very spacious, well decorated, and comfortable. Also, the Room service breakfast was very good.

I do recommend staying at Oasis Hotel for a stay in Angeles City.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Saipan, Mariana Islands
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2010

I stayed at the Oasis Hotel from July 11th to July 14th; I had $180 U.S. dollars in a bag inside my backpack in my room. On Monday, July 12th, I took $100 out and completed a money exchange at the front desk leaving $80 U.S. dollars in my bag. When I checked out Wednesday, July 14th and went to the Manila airport to return home I opened my bag to notice the $80 was missing. I didn’t call or e-mail Oasis after I returned to Saipan. I was disappointed that this had happen because I have been staying at Oasis for over 10 years now and always trusted their management and staff.
I returned to Angeles on Sunday, July 25th and booked into the Oasis Hotel again for 3 nights. On Monday, July 26th, I hid $300 U.S. dollars [secret compartment] in the same bag in the same back pack and left to go to the movie at the Clark SM Mall. But this time, I set a trap by putting the 2 zippers on my backpack in a certain place on the side of the backpack. When I left the room, a male cleaning staff entered the room to start cleaning, when I returned several hours later I immediately checked the backpack to notice the 2 zippers were on top of the backpack meaning someone had opened my bag. The Oasis Housekeeping guy didn’t find my secret compartment but he definitely was looking inside my bag for money. I contacted the front desk and their security manager came to my room as I explained to him what happened. I then went to the front desk and spoke with Monique, she assured me that they would investigate and would e-mail me their findings. I along with my business partner who was staying in another room immediately moved out of the Oasis to another hotel vowing to never return to the Oasis Hotel again.

Most hotels will tell you to never leave your valuables or money in your room, unfortunately, I learned the hard way.

Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Zürich
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2010

The Oasis is maybe the only hotel in the tough city of Angeles where you could avoid the very obvious sex business going on anywhere else in town.

The hotel is a bit expensive but it is clean and well kept. The receptionists are well informed and helpful. The pool is a nice place to relax after a day to the Pinatubo Volcano (if you are not a sex tourist, that's maybe the only reason to spend a day in Angeles). Do not try the other restaurants in the city, the restaurant of the hotel is the best out there.

To sum it up: if you have to spend a night in Angeles and you look for a quiet place then the Oasis is the best choice.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Oasis Hotel? Share your experiences!