“Great place” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Lewis Grand Hotel

You added Lewis Grand Hotel to your Saves list
Lewis Grand Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Don Juico Ave | Malabanias, Angeles City, Luzon 2009, Philippines   |
Ranked #3 of 58 Hotels in Angeles City
Porto Alegre, RS
“Great place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

The hotel is on Perimeter Road quite a bit away fromthe action but is providing a shuttle service to Fields. Impressive Lobby, amazing pool area unfortunate the color is marking on your feed or other body parts, rooms are big with a big bathroom as well, which was real relive after the desaster at the Queens hotel. My room had a balcony facing the pool nice, but also some of the samll little insiects made it into my room due to that.. But it is really a nice resort with a good internet connection and proper and kind service..

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
HotrodLG, General Manager at Lewis Grand Hotel, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Dear Adilson B

Thank you for your favorable feedback regarding our Hotel, and for stating that this is a “Great place” for you ! :-)

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the location, which is a bit more quiet and secluded then others; and that at the same time you were able to avail of our free transportation that we offer for our valued Guests !

Many visitors are rather impressed by our Lobby, which is also a popular back drop for wedding arrangements; and we are happy to hear that you enjoyed yourself in – what you called – our “amazing” pool area. Please also be informed that we are currently discussing on how to (further) upgrade this… !

We enjoy to hear from you, and that you found our rooms to be big and with a big bathroom as well.

Lastly you mentioned that you’ ve enjoyed the balcony facing the pool, which you found nice (however, we recommend to – at night – close the balcony door, as the surrounding that we are located in is very green and “park – like”).

Thank you for your overall good feedback and comment, whereas you found the Lewis Grand Hotel to be a really nice resort with also a good internet connection and proper and kind service.

We hope that you will come and visit us soon again, and wish you in the meantime all the best !

James E. Bush

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

I stayed there for three nights and loved it! Booked online through their web site, prompt reply, my request for a pool view room was accommodated. The pictures on their site exceeded the actual room, not the opposite, which is often the case. Very spacious room, nice little patio, spotlessly clean, well stocked mini bar at fair prices. Fast WiFi in the room. Free shuttle service around Angeles. A BPI ATM off of the lobby, a nice amenity.

The grounds and pool area are meticulously maintained. I enjoy walking around to get a feel for a place that I am visiting. Walking around Angeles is an experience, the traffic, the jeepneys and trikes, people who specialize in relieving you of your wallet and cell phone, it is a fun place, but I always had my personal safety settings turned on high when out and about. Walking into this hotel, with the grand lobby, I felt like "Okay, I can relax now, all is well" , a nice feeling.

Enjoyed The Avenue restaurant and bar. A good place to meet some interesting characters. All the staff were professional, helpful, well trained, they know their jobs and do them well. A special tip of the hat to Reggie, a bartender at The Avenue, their bar and restaurant, I have drank at a lot of bars, the product, alcohol, is pretty much the same in every bar, what sets them apart is the ambiance ( fantastic here ) and the service. Reggie is an engaging, entertaining bartender who I enjoyed chatting with, and who never let my SMB run dry!

Look forward to staying here again on my next trip to Angeles!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
HotrodLG, General Manager at Lewis Grand Hotel, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Dear Fred Q.

First of all, thank you so much for staying here with us – and we are of course happy to hear that ‘you loved it’ !

Thank you also for complimenting our reservations process. We are glad to hear that everything went to your full satisfaction. And that your request for a pool view room was not only accommodated, but that you actually found the room itself to be nicer then the pictures on our Website.

We are happy to hear that you found your room to be very spacious, enjoyed the nice little patio, and also found the room to be spotlessly clean, with a well stocked mini bar and at fair prices. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our free WiFi in the room (which you’ ve experienced as fast), as well as our free shuttle service around Angeles. Lastly, we are also glad to hear that you were able to make a good use of our BPI ATM, off of the lobby, and that you found that a nice amenity.

Herewith we would like to take the opportunity to thank you for your nice and positive feedback; that you found the grounds and pool area to be meticulously maintained, and that when walking into our hotel, with the grand lobby, you felt like 'Okay, I can relax now, all is well'. We are happy to hear that you had that kind of nice feeling when entering our Hotel.

Lastly, we are also glad to hear that you’ ve also enjoyed The Avenue restaurant and bar, and that you found it a good place to meet some interesting characters, that all the staff were professional, helpful, well trained, that they knew their jobs and that they did them well.
Thank you also for the commendation of our bartender at The Avenue restaurant and bar, and that you found 'the ambiance and the service fantastic' here. I did already have the pleasure to inform the bartender accordingly, and he is of course also very grateful for your positive feedback.

It is us, who are already looking forward to having you stay here again on your next trip to Angeles – hopefully already soon !

In the meantime we wish you all the best and thank you again for everything !

3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014 via mobile

We had our wedding last year in Lewis I thought this hotel will be a very nice wedding but its not, the food is cold, the cake is tough, the stag is so small an in our packag it says they gonn provide everything but on the day od wedding they dont provide a player for th big screen. I gave the giveaways to the person in there I told them to put under the table inside but it is still outside. People are not profeasionals im glad I had my coordintor. I never recommend this hotel for weddings.

• Stayed September 2013
HotrodLG, Director of Sales at Lewis Grand Hotel, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, from your wedding event at the Lewis Grand Hotel.

Being in charge of Sales & Marketing, and in this function being overall in charge of events here at the Lewis Grand Hotel, I was of course most alarmed to learn that food were cold, cake was tough, the stage was too small for your needs, a player was not provided. - I appreciate you bringing this matter to my attention and to give me herewith the opportunity to address your feedback to us.

I investigated this whole matter very carefully and did not find any kind of note or record(s) about any 'wedding problem(s)' encountered by me or by my staff here, last September 2013.

Nevertheless, I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused - and I am sincerely sorry that your event experience did not meet the high standards we strive to achieve.

Once again, thank you for posting the review. We do hope that we will have the opportunity to serve you again better at the Lewis Grand Hotel.

(Ms.) Jean
Director of Sales /
Sales & Marketing Manager
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

The Lewis Grand greets you with Chandeliers and Spiral Staircase. The rooms are nice, modern and spacious. We had a pool view suite which was wonderful.

The location is good midway between Fields Ave and Perimeter Rd.

The service was very good, the restaurant was nice: good food good menu. The gym was mostly weights, the pool was large and good for laps. One note about the pool: it had a deep blue look (nice from our balcony), but when we got out we noticed our feet were blue. The paint on the bottom of the pool came off when you walked on it.

If we choose to go to AC again we will probably stay here.

Room Tip: The executive suite with poolside view was a good value.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
HotrodLG, General Manager at Lewis Grand Hotel, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Hello dear LeyteJim

Thank you for your review ! Your review title: “Classy Hotel for a walk on the Wild Side”, for some reason, reminded me of Lou Reed’s song… :-)

Anyway, we are of course happy to hear that you liked the style here at the Lewis Grand, and that you also enjoyed our rooms, and found them nice, modern and spacious – and also that you liked your pool view suite.

When you wrote that: “Angeles is a city of dreams during a fitful nights sleep. Staying at the Lewis Grand makes the place a bit more palatable.” – I fully understood what you meant… and I totally agree… - With our spacious general areas, which one encounters as soon as one enters the grand lobby – as well as with our big garden and poolside, we offer “the other side of Angeles”.

And with our location between Fields Ave and Perimeter Rd, we offer “the best of both worlds” (here in Angeles).

We are happy to hear that you liked the services rendered, and found them very good…, that you liked our restaurant, which you thought was nice and with good food – a good menu…, our gym, which has a good number of free weights, but also machines, a treadmill and a stationary bike…, and our pool, which indeed is quite large and good for laps. - Please note that we are presently studying the feasibility of giving our pool a different surface.

Lastly you wrote: “If we choose to go to AC again we will probably stay here” – this would of course be our great pleasure ! Please let me know, if me or my team here can do anything for you, in respect of a possibly upcoming visit, thank you. We are certainly looking forward to Welcoming you back again !

Best regards,

edinburgh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

This hotel is a great place to stay in Angeles if you want to stay away from the seedy side of things. The staff are all very friendly and helpful. The rooms are very clean and comfortable with a fully stocked minibar with very reasonable prices. The room has free wifi and I found it to be fast and reliable. The hotel has a 24hr bar and kitchen which again is very reasonably priced. Special mention to Melanie whom I booked my room with online. She responded immediately to all my email requests prior to arrival and arranged for me to store my golf clubs at the hotel for 2 weeks before I came back to Angeles for the week.
2 things would really improve this place however,

1- the sunbeds are the worst I have ever lay on. They are made of plastic so every time you put a towel on it it slips down and every time you then lie on it you slip down too!! it is also very uncomfortable when you stop slipping down. There are also very few beds to choose from...i went down this afternoon and there were only a few left and they were all in the open with no unbrella. They have about 6 large unbrellas with 2 beds under each however 3 of these were taken by single people....they sould have portable unbrellas which can be put up or taken down available for every bed

2- the lifts are painfully slow...after 3 days I just started using the stairs despite me being on the 5th floor as I was always quicker. it was always annoying when I got in the lift from the 5 th floor either in the morning or at lunchtime to go to the lobby. Inevitably the lift would stop at most floors on the way down as they had been hailed by members of housekeeping. When they saw a guest in the lift they then wouldn't use it!! I think this is an instruction from management but its crazy, it does not annoy me when a member of housekeeping was to take a trolley full of clean sheets to the floor below and share the lift with me but it does annoy me when they hail the lift only to not get in it and then it happens again a further twice on the way down

If i ever come back to Angeles then I would still stay here again without hesitation

Room Tip: for a healthy option try the power breakfast, good value and sets you up nicely for a round of golf
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
HotrodLG, General Manager at Lewis Grand Hotel, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Hello dear ketch1973

First of all, thank you for staying here with us – and for stating that the Lewis Grand Hotel is ‘an excellent place to stay’, thank you for this !

You found our Hotel to be a great place to stay in Angeles, if one want to stay away from the seedy side of things. - We pride ourselves of a central, yet quiet and peaceful location.

While staying here with us, which we of course appreciate, you found our staff to all be very friendly and helpful, the rooms very clean and comfortable, with a fully stocked minibar and with very reasonable prices.

We are glad to hear that – and also that you found the free wifi which we offer in all of our rooms, and also in the public areas, to be fast and reliable.

Hopefully our 24 hour bar and kitchen was convenient for you, and – as you said – you found our food items to be very reasonably priced.

Thank you for the special mention of our Reservations Officer, Ms. Melanie, who as you have mentioned, was able to help you with your online booking and who responded immediately to all of your email requests, prior to your arrival. I will tell her that you were happy with her services, also that she arranged for you to store your golf clubs at the hotel for 2 weeks. This is one of our various services we offer for our valued returning Guests, and for which we have a special protected storage room for.

Having said this, please rest assured that we will be looking into the situation with our sunbeds (which have a soft leather cover), their number (at this time we have 22 units), the ‘cabanas’ (like a 'tent', of which we have 9 units, with 4 open sides each, and a roof across the total, individual, area), and their individual occupants. If we see any possibility to arrange this any better, then please rest assured that we will at all times strive to do our best.

And regarding your suggestion concerning our elevator, so have I already forwarded your comments to our Executive Housekeeper, who will be briefing again all the Housekeeping staff, for proper usage, in order to minimize the effect on our Guests, and hence avoid – as much as possible – any kind of inconvenience. Please also note that we are at the time being upgrading our additional Housekeeping elevator, which after some technical modifications, will then again be the sole transportation mode, for the Housekeeping staff, when they are moving around their trolleys. We would like to apologize to you for having caused you any inconvenience.

Despite this mentioned above inconvenience, we are of course much delighted to hear that if ever you would come back again to Angeles, which of course we hope that you will, then you would still stay here with us again, without any hesitation. Thank you so much for this !

We do hope that you can come back again soon – and should there be anything that me or my team here can do in the meantime, then please let us know. In the meantime we remain with best regards.

Yours sincerely,

Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

We were so lucky to find this Hotel. This is our first time to experience the Hollywood bed which is good for five persons. The place is so clean. The staffs are so friendly. The food is great. We wish to spend our Christmas 2014 here.

Room Tip: if you are with your family, get the family room with hollywood bed
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Hello dear Proudpinoy_13

Thank you and your family for staying here with us – and thank you for considering the Lewis Grand Hotel ‘a great find’ !

You mentioned that you were ‘so lucky to find this Hotel’ – well, we are happy that you staid here with us, and that you were pleased by our services rendered to you and to your family.

We are also glad to hear that you enjoyed the experience of our unique Hollywood bed, which accommodated you and your family well.

Thank you also for appreciating the cleanliness of our Hotel, the friendliness of our staff, as well as enjoying the food from our restaurant, which you found to be great (as you’ ve mentioned).

We are looking forward to Welcoming you back again, hopefully soon - or latest then by Christmas 2014, which you said you would like to enjoy here at our Hotel.

For now, we all wish you and your family a nice day, a good week, and see you soon again !

Best regards,

Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

We stay at Lewis Grand when we visit my family and friends in town. We used to book the poolside jacuzzi suite when I stay with my husband but this time I stayed with my friends so I opt to a deluxe room instead because mainly, we needed a room to sleep during the night since we are out during the day. The room was on the 5th floor overlooking the pool, it's a good size room with a sofa but the carpet needs some steam cleaning as you can see the stained on the floor.

The staff are very friendly and attentive from the driver who picked us up at the airport, the front desk, housekeeping, the restaurant staff to the the pool staff. There were minor issues and the hotel fixed them right away.

* stained on the bedsheets - first day, in the afternoon after a long day visiting my family we came back to a clean room but bedsheet has stain. Sure enough, it was missed by the housekeeping as we haven't slept on the bed yet since we arrived early morning. I called the front desk and sent 3 housekeeping to replace the sheets.

* clogged sink - they fixed it but on the next day the drain stopper wont stay up so we put a plastic fork to keep it up, problem solved.

TIP: do not leave your balcony door open or your room will be filled with insects in less than 5mins especially at night.

I do hope that cleaning the lobby white sofas can be done somewhere in the back so guests can't see the staff scrubbing them. Not pleasant for guests to see a bucket with sponge and dirty water. I don't mind seeing this at home or other place but I have never seen this in any hotel I have stayed in until Lewis Grand.

Overall, our stay here is still fantastic.

Room Tip: Poolside suites are large and feel like home, it's near the restaurant and pool.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
HotrodLG, General Manager at Lewis Grand Hotel, responded to this review, April 19, 2014
Hello dear Sutil

First of all, thank you for your report here and also for your repeat visits. As you wrote, you have been here already a couple of times, which we of course much appreciate ! Thank you for coming back again, this time with your friends.

We are glad to hear that you liked the room you had on the 5th floor and overlooking the pool – and also that you found it to be a good sized room.

Please kindly note, for your information, that we are presently in the process of changing the carpets here at the Lewis Grand, and we have already started with some rooms – and hope that despite our relatively high occupancy rate, we can also finish the other rooms here within the next several months. While we are in the process of doing this, all of our carpets, in all of our Guest rooms, are being regularly carpet-shampooed by our Housekeeping staff.

Thank you for mentioning that you found all of our staff being very friendly and attentive, and I will be happy to inform the Heads of the respective Departments, upon our next weekly General Meeting, that you in particular found our drivers, the front desk, housekeeping, the restaurant staff and also the pool staff to be very friendly and attentive. And although there were few minor issues, our staff was able to fix them right away.

Your tip of not leaving the balcony doors open (especially at night) is a good one, as we are adjoining to a park like open and green space, and our next door neighbors are several flower shops, which might possibly attract some insects at times.

Please also be informed that we will also re-upholster all the white lobby sofas. Our international upholsterer is presently awaiting the delivery of the white leather from Brazil. In the meantime – and whenever they are being cleaned – the regular maintenance should be done out of sight of the Guests, and I will remind our Executive Housekeeper to closely monitor this and when necessary to pull these sofas out of the lobby area, and have them cleaned in a back area, which can’ t be seen by our valued Guests.

Lastly, thank you very much for your overall verdict, where you stated that a stay here with us is still fantastic. We hope that you can make it back again already soon and wish you in the meantime a relaxing Easter-weekend.

Respectfully,

James E. Bush

Been to Lewis Grand Hotel? Share your experiences!