“Very nice and comfortable” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Medgar Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Angeles City
Medgar Hotel
You added Medgar Hotel to your Saves list
146 Narciso Street, Angeles City, Luzon 2009, Philippines   |
Ranked #12 of 60 Hotels in Angeles City
Wollongong, Australia
“Very nice and comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

I have just returned from a one month stay at the Medgar, Have to agree with just about all of the positive comments made by other travellers in regards to the Medgar. Everything was spotlessly clean and very comfortable. I had booked a Deluxe room, upon arrival I asked what were the chances of "upgrading" to an Excutive room, no problem at all. The staff were very helpful at all times. My partner and I thought that it would have been a nice touch if the staff were supplied with name badges so as to make things a little personal.
As well there was quite a lot of rain at the time and some type of mat outside the front entrance would have been helpful to wipe off dirty shoes instead of having to walk wet shoes all over the tiled floor. As I was in a ground floor room another touch would be for any chairs in the upstairs rooms be fitted with felt/ nylon pads under the legs to help eliminate the noise when in use of a night time. Apart from these very minor issues I most definately will return in the new year. Michael B

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Trece Martires, Trece Martires, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

We stayed at Medgar for an overnight stay on our trip to HK last july 29. The room was nice and cozy and clean. Wifi is fast and everything is working. The stove, pots and kitchen utensils are useful since we just buy food outside the place which is also just walking distance. We also availed the service to Clark Airport for 350 php for 4 person. The van was good it was a hi ace and comfortable. All in all its a 2 thumbs up. Plus the staffs are friendly and helpful too.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Where do i start??
i booked a 16 night stay here for my filipina fiancee and myself.As i was arriving late Medgar allowed her to check in early.The airport pickup was on time.clean car and driver who allowed my fiancee to travel to airport to collect me at clark.
Arrived at Medgar to find a helpful Guard and the most wonderful reception staff who could be quickly made me feel like part of a lovely family.
during my stay i could not find one fault.i found from the very top Eddie the owner who runs a perfect hotel/appartelle to reception staff to cleaner to guards to be helpful at all times friendly and most welcoming.
This was my first stay here but most certainly not my last.
To all of you at Medgar i just want to say a BIG thankyou for looking after me and making my stay with you so relaxing.
Regards and best wishes to you all from Richard & Maryann
See you soon.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Seoul, South Korea
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

I've stayed a many places in Angeles, Clark, and Subic and none can beat this place for the price. It's more like a small family run motel in the states...it is not a hotel and you can't compare the facilities to the ABC or the luxury group...but in its class of less expensive places like the Tiger or Radisson on the same street, it's the best. I was in another hotel, name with-held to protect it's reputation, and I moved out to Medgar. No pool but I'd never use it...no restaurant but I like variety...need to take a trike, safer anyways. Stay here! I had my girlfriend with me...the employees treated her like a sister...so saved me a lot of grief...thanks.

Room Tip: If you are not going to cook...then take the standard or delux...its smaller but still a very big ro...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Bronx, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

Very friendly and efficient staff. Every little question I had was answered. The Staff advised me how to get around and how much to pay to do it. Hotel is quiet and most important safe. Furnishings were new. Apparently they recently underwent a renovation. Room safe offered peace of mind. I stayed at 2 other hotels after this one at twice the price and Medgar by far was the best. For my first trip to the Philippines, this was the place I needed. I had no complaints. Thanks Medgar.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Mons, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Just returned home from a 10 day stay at the Medgar. Not the newest, not the biggest, not the fanciest, but by far the best staff and value in Angeles City.

Located just off the "main street" of Angeles, the Medgar is a quiet oasis in a busy part of town. The rooms are very spacious and meticulously cleaned and maintained. With all the services you would expect and a staff that goes the extra mile to ensure all your needs are taken care of.

The reception staff went far above expectations in arranging golf outings for our group of 5. They coordinated transportation, tee times and put up with our many, many changes to the program flawlessly. The cheery attitude and attention to detail displayed by the front desk staff really makes a difference. Their professionalism is a reflection of the dedication the management has made to ensure all guests are treated like royalty.

I would recommend this hotel for all travellers. Although it does not have a restaurant nor a pool, the price you pay for a very nice room will leave plenty of money; allowing you to use the fanciest pools and eat at the best restaurants in town.

All the rooms have new air conditioners, color TVs with many English channels, modern furniture, back up generator to ensure you stay cool during brown outs and an upstairs balcony to drink a beer and watch the world go by as you relax and enjoy your stay.

Do yourself a favor and - stay at the Medgar and use the money you save for other things!

Room Tip: Get an executive room, costs only a little more, but worth it.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

If you are looking for a place where you can really feel at home, with the most professional staff from the most gorgeous front desk you'll find anywhere, to housekeeping, the driver that picks you up at the airport, an owner that will personally see to it that all your arrangements are meticulously taken care of, a place that is immaculately clean and where EVERYTHING WORKS , (HALLELUJAH),then the Medgar Apartelle is defintely the place for you. I originally booked it for 7 days with the intention of moving to another place in town or traveling to another location in the Philippines for another 7 days but wound up extending my stay here 3 times, staying an additional 6 days.

I was introduced to the Medgar Apartelle by a friend from the U.S. who stayed there 3 or 4 times before and just raved about the place. I sent an e-mail inquiry and was surprised to get an immediate response from the owner Edgar LaBenne. After quoting me some rates I booked my stay and thought that was that. But Edgar stayed in touch with me to make sure that every part of my stay would be completely stress free from the moment I exited the airport to my departure.

Upon arriving I called the number of the driver Alex which Edgar had provided and he arrived shortly thereafter. Alex picked me up right on schedule. He grabbed my bags and was very professional, informative, warm and friendly on the ride to the Medgar. As you approach the building it's quite unassuming. Certainly not a 5 start hotel and there's not swimming pool or hotel restaurant but the attention and service you receiveme and the excellent location more than make up for that.

Upon arriving the security guard, I forget his name, was also very helpful and received me as though I was family. I found out later they have 24 hour security and added internal protections for the security of their guests.

The front desk registration was as smooth as silk. The front desk staff are so well trained, so professional, so very friendly, so beautiful inside and out (I spent a lot of time during my stay getting to know them) I wanted to either adopt or marry every one of them.. Obviously they have been trained well but there are just some things you cannot teach people. They either have it or they don't. I can assure you, their staff has "IT".

Just when I thought things couldn't get better, I entered my room, the executive Suite a one room kitchenette. Wow, what a very pleasant discovery. This room is wonderful. It is a spacious wonderful living space and not just a place to stay overnight. A large cushy easy chair next to what appears to be a queen size bed,. Stove, microwave, full size refrigerator with ample cabinet space.that include dishes, pot's pans, glasses and cups and eating utensils are provided in the room so if you choose to prepare your own foods you can do that with no problem.. A full sized wardrobe,. large chest of drawers,, and 4 large drawers under the bed all provide ample space for clothing and other personal belongings. A good sized dining table is provided with two chairs but it could easily accommodate 4 people with additional chairs provided by the hotel if necessary. A good sized bathroom with a shower and the availability of really hot water was also very appreciated. There is also a very secure in room safe. It was not big enough for my large laptop so I left it with the front desk staff whenever I left the premises..

The housekeeping staff was excellent making sure that everything was spotlessly clean but organized any personal items left in the bathroom or about the room which prompted me to leave her a large tip on more than one occasion. There was only one day in which my regular housekeeper was off and a young gentleman did the room and it was not nearly as tidy as the regular staff. That was the only downside to this entire visit and that was really minor.

On one occasion I pushed a control on the flat screen TV and I couldn't get it to work The staff responded immediately and corrected my mistake with a smile.
The location was excellent. Located on a quiet street, it's only a half a block to the main street where on the same block as the Medgar you can eat at traditional Filipinos Carenderias or small restaurants and have a meal for 80 pesos. On the same block there are fresh produce markets, a 7/11 type grocery store or turn the corner where there are fresh produce markets, a supermarket with the best prices you'll find on groceries.where you can buy food to prepare at home.

A little further up the street you'll find a range of terrific restaurants that serve a variety of international dishes at relatively higher prices than the Filipino Carenderias and more comparable prices to western standards but much cheaper than Europe. I found the food in general at every place I ate, to be very good..

Another block up is where the ACTION/ is. Some really terrific clubs you will find along the street extending for a few block with some night clubs providing 1st class Las Vegas quality productions (on a smaller scale) as well as a number of fairly sleazy girlie bars. There's also a couple of Dance clubs that for the most part have no cover charge. My favorite was High Society. I would avoid Sky Trax if I were you

My favorite club overall was Forbidden City. Just absolutely fabulous shows that were on par with good Las Vegas entertainment. No pressure to buy a lot of drinks and an owner (Joe) and manager (John) that are two of the warmest, friendliest most generous people you will meet. They were grrreat. But more on this in another review.

Also on the same block of the Medgar are a couple of laundries with very reasonable rates, There are also a couple of massage places. The one right across the street 350 pesos per one hour for a full body oil massage and a bit less for a foot scrub. The one up the block is 300 pesos per hour and is also pretty good.

You can take a trike for 100 pesos to the nightlife or you can walk 10 minutes to it. I preferred to walk

Once again, I would like to Ed LaBenne the owner of the Medgar, the wonderful front desk staff Rhiza, Aileen,, Joyz,, and Rochell, absolutely loved you ladies.(the adoption papers and marriage license is on the way ::-), the security, housekeeping staff, and the maintenance guy who danced a really cool Chacha in the hall way.

Sadly I was having such a good time I didn't take any pictures of the room but I'm sure you can find some on their website.

.I had a great time at the Medgar. More people need to know about this oasis of hospitality and tasteful accommodations and I can assure you, if it's up to me they will.

Room Tip: I was in a room that had a window facing a wall which was not problem for me. You may want to check...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Been to Medgar Hotel? Share your experiences!