“Average rooms, quiet and relaxing location” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Sibayak Multinational Resthouse

Sibayak Multinational Resthouse
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Berastagi
Sibayak Multinational Resthouse
You added Sibayak Multinational Resthouse to your Saves list
Jl. Pendidikan No. 93, Berastagi, Indonesia   |
Ranked #4 of 11 Berastagi B&B and Inns
Copenhagen
“Average rooms, quiet and relaxing location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

We paid 150.000 IDR pr. night for the cheapest option. The 'hot' showers were only lukewarm, and rooms were so-so. The 200.000 option which we were shown first seemed pretty nice though.

The hotel has a nice and well-kept garden, and as is it a little distance from Berastagi which probably make it the most relaxing option in town. It is a good point of departure for a climb of Mt. Sibayak , and the staff is helpful with trekking and transportation advice.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Aarhus, Denmark
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012 via mobile

I had the 'cheap' room for 100.000 IDR a night with shared bathroom and toilet. This was not a big issue because I was the only one staying there at the time. The room was smelly and the bed smelled of old sweat... Not so pleasant.
Having said that the staff are very friendly and helpful. I had to leave early morning before the public busses and they took care of my transportation to the town. The surrounding area is beautiful and there's a big garden to hang out in.
It's a 20 min nice walk down to the markets and the town Center, which means that its a quiet place with no traffic to interrupt your stay. If you don't want to walk take the public bus (Karma) for 2000 IDR it will take you straight to the driveway at the hotel.
I don't know if it was only my room that was a bit disgusting but if that was improved or cheaper I would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012
connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

The Sibayak is well located on a hilltop within walking distance of the Berastagi Marker.
The grounds with flowers, and a large pool are nice, and although I was alone, I could hear the enjoyment of the families using the pool.
The room was less than spectacular and if I was paying the week-end 'rack rate' would have been disappointed. It was however clean, the bed was somewhat comfortable, and as noted by others the TV was tiny with limited selection-- I wrote this off to it being in a small town, though I would have enjoy bettr lighting in the rooms for reading.

The restaurant was fine for the Breakfast, and when I wnet in for a late lunch the food was oke, the waiter was pleasant, but it was really slow in coming. The plus side is I was eating outside on a Terrace, with a view of the area, and a nice breeeze whil waiting.
Wothwhile using for location and moreso if you are with a family I think.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

This hotel is recommended by the lonely planet but it doesn't really worth it. The room was dirty and stinky. It could have been all right (we have done much worst) but the price was 300 000 ird (other correct hotel are about 100 000 in Berastagi)
So we ran away!!

One good point, it's quiet and the garden is nice.

• Stayed August 2012
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

We moved to the Sibayak after a bad experience at another hotel (Singabung). It was an improvement, but let down by the standard of the rooms. The bathroom was small and mouldy. There was no washbasin or table/dresser in the bathroom, but rather this was in the bedroom. As you needed to get dressed here you had to close the room windows as there was a lot of passing people outside the window and you were in full view while getting dressed. This was still more convenient than getting dressed in the bathroom. The room had no facilities apart from TV - there was an electric kettle, but no cups, tea or coffee. The hotel has quite a large pool, but it is open to the public for a fee and was quite crowded. At night we went to the Karaoke bar which was a bit of fun. What this hotel did have which the previous one didn’t was a much better breakfast and restaurant area, although apart from the good breakfast we didn't eat there. While I don’t necessarily recommend this hotel, there may not be a lot of other options and perhaps with a higher grade room the stay may be quite acceptable (I think we stayed in a deluxe room - it was the second grade up, booked by a travel agent; if we had to stay again we would try a better grade of room. I think the problem was being school holidays it was quite full)

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Jakarta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

The hotel room itself is lovely. It is very big and very clean, plus the white color of the wall and tiles makes the room very comfortable. It is value for money - for the price that we paid, we did not expect to get a room that big and that beautiful :) The weather was also lovely (it gets cold during the night, beware of this if you're not used to cold weather). The staffs are quite helpful and friendly. I personally enjoyed the clean bathroom + hot shower, a facility that I wasn't able to get for the past few days.

However, there is a negative point to this hotel. My fellow traveler and I stayed in Brastagi to experience the fruit market and to go around the town, and not to climb Mt Sibayak. However, the hotel is situated particularly for travelers who are going to climb Mt Sibayak. Thus, the location of the hotel is so far from the city center, or from the fruit market. To find the hotel, we had to walk for >30 minutes from the city center ( though we later found out that we're able to use public transport) it was still very tiring having to walk to find the hotel location. We made several phone calls to the hotel staff during our search for the hotel, and their answers were neither satisfactory nor helpful.

So, I definitely recommend this hotel in terms of cleanliness and comfort. But, the location is a bit disadvantageous and too far off for travelers who are looking to enjoy the city of Brastagi. If you are going to climb Mt Sibayak, the hotel is definitely your first choice. :)

Room Tip: Tell the staff you want the room on the newer building, the rooms on the new building are very nice