“Excellent diving and resort” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Tulamben
murrieta
“Excellent diving and resort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

I stayed at Scuba Seraya from October 13th through the 19, 2013. I have been to Bali a couple of times before and found the diving to be good. This time I dove the Seraya Secrets house reef. Wow I was impressed, some of the best diving I have done in Indonesia.

The resort is more than Excellent….The Balinese kill you with kindness. The food at the resort is Excellent no reason to go outside for Dinner. The dive operation and Guides again excellent!

I had been pick pocketed in Beijing a few days before arriving in Bali. Mika the manager bent over backwards helping me to get replacement Credit Cards.

Overall impression of Scuba Seraya…Excellent…I’ll be back!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

This was our 4th visit to Scuba Seraya and once again we loved it. The resort has recently changed hands and is virtually unchanged. The diving is always great, the food fantastic and reasonably priced, the staff are delightful and the divemasters excellent. Our gear was well looked after and at the end carefully cleaned. We had 5 nights this time and just love the way we feel so at home. We were disappointed that there was no white wine or arak available, only some mixed drinks and Bintang...it would have been lovely to enjoy a wine with our dinner. Not so sure about some of the redecorating being done either (bed canopies) but overall it was great. I had access to a computer where I could catch up with family at home. We LOVE this idyllic location away from the crazy bustle. For macro photographers there is plenty of small creatures to find....harlequin shrimps, pygmy seahorses and ghost pipefish to name a few!

Room Tip: We always have a maisonette which has an outdoor bathroom. Each maisonette has a verandah with a cou...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Charlottesville, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

We stayed here because we wanted to muck dive and we loved it. The guides are great at spotting critters and every dive had a least one Wow! moment. Wonderful diving, nice staff, and pleasant hotel. We would like to return some day.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

The staff at this hotel were nice enough and the room as fine. Decent value for money if you are passing through. Food was tasty and reasonable. One thing that really annoyed me was that they got me to try a card for the Internet then it didn't work. They didn't charge me. I kept asking as I had an urgent e mail to send. Left it till the next day when I was checking out and they said it still didn't t work. Two people around me had their lap tops open and were checking e mails.

The pool is fine and in general everything is good for the money. The beach is nothing amazing though and in general I would recommend passing through and going to another place on the island where beaches or the hotel is better.

I didn't t try the diving so perhaps that was the key.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Fremantle, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

If you want peace and quiet, great diving, brilliant staff and lovely accommodation this is the place. I have just come back from a 17 day trip with my husband which is probably my 5th or 6th visit and his 8th or 9th. We will be going back again. There are no TV,s, telephones, computers, late night bars or other distractions. What there is is a fantastic dive centre that is very relaxed and pretty much organises diving to suit you, with 2 boats to get you wherever you want to go. The guides are great and do whatever they can to help you. There is a restaurant that serves good quality food with a menu that has plenty to choose from and a staff that will always try to cater for any request. There are rooms that are comfortable with lovely outdoor bathrooms surrounded by beautiful gardens. We normally stay in a villa (I love the huge daybed that overlooks the garden and beachfront) but have also spent time in the maisonettes and been perfectly happy. There is a great relaxed atmosphere with staff that look after you really well and will make every effort to accommodate any request. Cannot wait for the next trip. Going to Seraya feels like going to my second home.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

a wonderful welcome (as always in indonesia),a simply very good resort,friendly staff,very competent diving staff(+smile and kind advice),extraordinary dives-if you love critters,but,there are bigger things around too:sharks,bunmpheads,batfishes,rays etc-A kind of mini-lembeh!
Beautiful garden..What else?(I missed fish on the menu,but ok,the rest was quite palatable)
all in all:perfect stay with nice people,not crowded and just relaxing.I rarely visit twice the same place:this will be an exception!
Thanks to you all

Room Tip: try the villas in front of the sea,they are real luxury and relax
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

In complete contrast to the review below, we had an amazing time at Scuba Seraya and were really impressed by the quality and standard of the resort as well as the hospitality and service provided by all the staff.

Right from our arrival with welcome drinks we were made to feel relaxed and the beachfront views really give you that peace and tranquility you search for when on holiday. We stayed in one of the standard rooms and found the size to be more than adequate, with a four poster bed with mozzie nets making the room look romantic but effortless, a large lockable wardrobe with safe deposit box and a desk area. Yes there is no TV but i don't come on holiday to sit and watch TV. The bathrooms are really nice as the shower is outside but basin and toilet partially covered. We experienced none of the noise or disturbances as the guest mentioned below but am sure if anything had been a problem they would have been more than happy to help as all the staff were outstanding.

We ate at the restaurant every day for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner and were impressed by the selection of meals on offer (not masses but not too little) and the quality was really good also. I have been dreaming about their special chocolate cake ever since!

I had two massages and these were not the cheapest in Bali by any stretch but really good and so convenient that I didn't have to leave the resort.

We didn't dive with the on-site school as we had booked our advanced certification with Bali Diving Academy who had sorted our stay at Seraya for us but the set-up looked professional. The resort really caters to divers with the extra dive towels and places to hang wet stuff and is the perfect place to relax between dives.

We will definitely return to Tulamben and will most likely stay at the Seraya as our time there just wasn't enough.

Room Tip: Standard rooms are fine and have everything you need. The villas looked pretty nice though.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Scuba Seraya Resort? Share your experiences!