“Great Shop, Great Dives!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 18 Attractions in Tulamben
Type: Sports Complexes, Sports
More attraction details
Owner description: Baruna Tulamben is the second office of Baruna dive center. Baruna is located in Tulamben, on the beautiful north east coast of Bali, only 2 hours drive from the airport. This area is famous for it’s relaxed charm and natural beauty.The diving in this area is truly world class. The incredible biodiversity and richness of the marine life draws divers from all over the globe. The dive sites are very varied, from deep walls with pelagics to some of the best muck diving in the world, not to mention the famous U.S.S Liberty wreck.Drawing on years of experience in this area we offer you world class diving with brand new equipment with personalized service provided by a team that has a deep love for what they do.We offer:-Safari diving to the best places in Bali.-Dive courses PADI and SSI in French, English and Spanish.-Specialty courses.-Drift dive.-Shore dive.-Night dive.-Wreck dive ( in the U.S.A.T Liberty in Tulamben).-Boat dive.-Muck diving ( the best spot of Bali for macro).-Snorkeling tours.-Rental diving and snorkeling equipment.-Divemaster internship. We want to offer our divers more than just dive business as usual. We are the opposite of factory diving, a small operation offering personalized service with no intention of expansion. We love what we do and we want to keep it that way.
“Great Shop, Great Dives!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I was just in Tulamben on a dive trip and came across this great little dive center. Since there is so many dive providers in the area, it was a little hard to pick who to go with. After talking with some of the other providers I walked in to Baruna and from the bat I felt right at home. The staf was friendly and offered great information on the sites and wer able to provide specifics on the marine life in the area. I'm a micro diver myself so after I was informed of all the little things we could expect to find, I had no doubt that I walked in to the right place. Once we headed towards the dive sites that were just a 5 minute walk from the shop I was greeted by "porters" that took my equipment including the weights down to the shore line! Being a seasoned diver I felt a bit weird having people do everything for me but I was explained that that's the way of life and their income, so dont feel bad when you see ladies caring all your heavy equipment. Once we double checked our equipment and donned it on we headed to the Liberty wreck and I was just blown away by the colors and large abundance of marine life! On our second dive we went to the coral garden and was equally impressive and we even ran into 5 black tips! For only being in the are for one day before I kept moving, I must say that diving with this guys was probably the best choice I could have made. If you are in the are and want to fully experience what diving in Tulamben is all about, look no further! This guys will do you right! Thanks Antoine, Charles and the crew for a great experience.

Visited February 2013
Charles R, Owner at Baruna Dive Center, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Hi Jonny,
Thanks again for sharing your diving expérience with us. The baruna team hope to see you again, and wish you a nice trip.
Best kind regards.
Antoine

6 attraction reviews
“Awesome dive center and great staff!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

My boyfriend and I went to Tulamben in early October to dive the Liberty Wreck and check out the coral reef. We chose Baruna Dive Center and we were definitely not disappointed! Charles, the instructor and manager of the branch in Tulamben was absolutely great! We stayed at one of the few rooms at the back of the dive center. Basic accommodation very comfortable and clean (perfect to crash out after a day of diving!).
The shop has all new equipment and it all works perfectly! The local staff was impeccable, always making sure the right equipment was prepared and loaded on the van, they were all smiley and helpful. We didn't even have to clean our own equipment, since the staff did that for us as soon as we were back from the dive trips. We had a great experience with Baruna above and below water. I will definitely recommend it!!

Visited October 2012
Charles R, Manager at Baruna Dive Center, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Hello,
Thank you for sharing those moments with us. We hope that you will come back to dive with us. The Baruna Tulamben team wish you a nice trip !!!
Best kind regards.
Charles
Jakarta, Indonesia
3 attraction reviews
“Finally i take my AOW Course”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I loved to dive in here because its beach entry and slope so i have time to equalize my ear before we go deeper to 18 meter.
I met shark in coral garden hahaha i don't even noctice that there's shark above me.

Visited December 2012
Charles R, Propriétaire at Baruna Dive Center, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Hello,
Thank you for sharing your diving experience with us. We hope that you enjoyed it !
The Baruna's team hope to see you again, and, wish you a wonderfull trip !
Best regards.
Baruna Tulamben's team.
Hamburg, Germany
“USS Liberty Weck”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Dive site with muliple dive spots. USS Liberty at night was a highlight. Some of the spots a reached by boat

Visited January 2013
Charles R, Propriétaire at Baruna Dive Center, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Hello,
Thanks for sharing your expérience but unfortunetly i think you would like to comment THE DIVE SITES of TULAMBEN not "BARUNA TULAMBEN". Baruna Tulamben is a dive center in Tulamben. This is a wrong location for this comment.
Thanks for your understanding.
Regards
Bali, Indonesia
“WoWW”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

Right place for fishing, diving, snorkeling. The best view i've ever seen, nice local people..clean air and cool.. but so far from downtown. have to visit again

Baruna_Team, Gérant at Baruna Dive Center, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Hello Selly!

Thanks for choosing us for your diving trip in Bali. We are very happy to read your appreciation about our diving team, and it was great to dive with you. Also all Baruna's team is hopping to see you soon again.

Kind regards.