“Problem solved” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 19 Attractions in Tulamben
Type: Water sports, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Private diving courses, PADI certification courses, shore, boat and wreck diving, night diving in Tulamben, Amed and other areas including USS Liberty Shipwreck, Coral garden and other.Make diving your lifestyle with Made Sutama.
“Problem solved”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

I completed my open water certification under the one on one tuition of Made.
I had a bad experience close to 20 yrs previously.This had played on my mind for the past 20yrs.Being a keen water sport person my whole life(surfing,snorkelling,waterskiing etc)I set myself the goal of completeing a diving course.I did not inform Made of my problem thinking the easy escape of a pool session would cure me.How wrong I was.I could not settle into breathing properly and destroyed nearly a tank of air.I left the pool session fatigued panicked and ready to quit.
Made finished that session to let me settle and made the extra time to come and talk with me outside of the training.His experience and skills,not just as a scuba instructor,but as a bit of a psychiatrist so to speak,enabled me to finish the course.
Made altered the program and had me breathing and diving and totally being addicted within ten minutes the next morning.
This leaves me fulfilled in the fact that I conquered a huge 20yr old mental block and can finally enjoy this new world I have been introduced to.
So I found Made's services to be well beyond just an instructor.There was also extra time outside of the course requirements where Made and his crew took the time and efforts to make my stay and experience awesome.
I will be back!

Jakar, Bhutan
“A whole new world!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We came in a group of 6 for our first dive at Tulamben. Pak Made and his team looked after us and we had so much fun, we couldn't ask for a better team. They are all very experienced and attentive about everyone's safety. He speaks excellent English, I will definitely recommend him to my friends and families.

Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
3 attraction reviews
“Fantastic Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

We finished our Open Water Certification with Made. He made the experience both informative and fun. Made was attentive and careful to make sure we fully understood the skills we needed. Above the water he was accommodating and fun. In the water he was everything you'd want from an instructor. Firm but always polite and attentive. We had so much fun with him that even though we were supposed to spend the night at a different hotel, we booked a night at the place he took us diving just so we could hang out with him and chat about diving and life. First rate experience all the way around.

made s, Owner at Bali Scuba Course, responded to this review, November 23, 2013
Dear Jeff,

Thank you for taking the time to share about your experience.I am very pleased to read that overall you are impressed with the quality of the services and your diving experience.I believe that this feedback will be used as an encouragement for my self to consistently improve the quality of the services.Once again thank you and i am looking forward to welcome you back for the next wonderful diving experience.

Kind Regards

Made Sutama
Coolum Beach, Queensland, Australia
“Fantastic Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Being new to Diving, but comfortable with Watersports made my learning experience with Made easy. Made's experience and excellant attitude to help me achieve my Open Water Dive Certificate has got me addicted to Scuba, I cant wait to get under the water again, he explained things easily and even in different ways if he saw i was not getting the point, I learn by doing and Made was the perfect choice as my instructor as he quickly figured that out and tailored my experience to that effect. I would heartily recommed Made as an Instructor and a guide, his knowledge and experience was invaluable to me and made my experience all the better.

LaGrange, Kentucky
“A great experience with Made Sutama, Super Bagus!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

If you are looking for a guide or instructor in Bali then Made is the best. He really knows the area very well and is willing to sit and chat about ways to make your experience in Tulamben a great one. I did not take a course but could see that Made has a gift for communication and instruction and would be a perfect teacher with much enthusiasm and patience.

Visited April 2012