“Good local food” 4 of 5 stars

main street, Tulamben, Bali, Indonesia
Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 10 Restaurants in Tulamben
Cuisines: International
Description: I stayed in Tulamben for over a week and was amazed to see that on Trip Advisor only one restaurant is in the listings. I would like to add some restaurants in Tulamben to help future visitors to choose where to heat
Hong Kong, China
“Good local food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

During our week long stay in Tulamben, we almost eat everyday at Wayan. First off, they have English menu.. Secondly, they do allow some customization (e.g. alteration to the menu, ultra spicy etc). Their soup, noodles and fry rice dishes are great, but nothing can beat the freshly blended watermelon juice, especially after a day of diving!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

• Indonesian first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
“Great little restaurant - best you'll find in Tulamben”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

Tulamben is a tiny village and with few eating options. We tried several different places only to get served bland/oily food and even raw chicken! You really have to be careful!

However after trying out Wayan we ended up coming here for the rest of our stay because the food was actually edible and decent. It's reasonably priced and the service always welcoming and they have good wifi.

We tried many different dishes with the grilled fish being the best, the satay, gado gado also good. The beef steak is ok - they did cook it medium rare and the pepper sauce was very tasty. The only thing I would not recommend is the beef stroganoff...awful and no way resembling what an actual stroganoff is!

Would highly recommend this establishment. Best of a bad bunch!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bath, United Kingdom
“Worst meal of our holiday”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

This was undoubtedly the worst meal of holiday and in fact the worst meal I have had in a long long time. The food was either incredibly overcooked, burnt, tasteless or all three. I was so frustrated I could not even muster the energy to complain. I honestly just wanted to run away as quickly as possible. The drinks are sickly sweet and generally unpleasant. I am slightly confused as to how it is possible to prepare food which tastes this badly. To say this was a disappointment would be an understatement. I beg people to not eat here, anywhere else would be better.

• Visited August 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Perth, Australia
“Good solid restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

I have been to Tulumben dozens of times and every time I fins myself back a Wayans, The food is good and very reasonably priced. Nyoman who seems to manage the place speaks very good English and is very friendly and professional. Last meal I had was fried noddles which was stock standard cheap Warang style with not much love or effort but my partner had grilled pork with spicy sauce and that was fantastic... I have eaten at most of the eatery's in Tulumben and yes there are some better and some worse but if your diving and want good safe food then I would recommend this place just dont expect too much.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Great local food, at really cheap prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Really nice local food and at really cheap prices.
But if you do want to wait for you food, do come within 18.30 and after 20.30, otherwise it is too busy and you will have to wait a long time for the food

Visited August 2013