Firstly, Tulamben has "grown" in leaps and bounds since we were last there in 2006. From a simple road with 2-3 resorts till close to 10 today. It is still mainly a scuba diving town, as it's only attraction.
This resort's rooms were pretty homely, with it's Balinese designs. I would give the room about a 3.5 stars for cleanliness. The only item which needs refreshing would be the mosquito nettings. The rest are all great. Toilets are clean, the rooms are cleaned & all towels refreshed every day when we are out diving. The rest of the resort is great with no cleanliness issues.
At the resort's restaurant, food is served pretty quick, and are the usual tasty Indonesian fair, as we booked with their all-inclusive package. There are no complaints and they accommodated with pretty much all our requests ;) Do note I traveled with a group of 9, so we were quite a handful.
The dive staff were very helpful during the dives. As we have a novice diver, they did a fantastic job on "babysitting" her ;) They did a pretty good job on spotting all the macro items too. Especially on our Puri Jati trip. I think the group enjoyed that the most. Do note that most dive sties in Tulamben are shore entries. Do remember to bring a pair of booties. I would avoid full foot fins for this trip. they do have the awesome porters. All you need to do is carry your own mask, fins and camera if you have one.
If you would like to head over to Tulamben for some fantastic dives, do check them out as a great value for money option. .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With direct access to the beach, Matahari Tulamben Dive Resort & SPA offers an outdoor pool and a restaurant with stunning ocean views. Free Wifi Hotspot. The Dive Center provides convenient access to the Coral Garden and only 5 minutes walk to the USAT Liberty Wreck. Enjoy relaxing massages and beauty treatments in the lovely SPA.The homely Balinese-style rooms are all with private bathroom and equipped with either air conditioning or a fan. The low cost standard rooms have only cold water.The resort offers free parking, motorbike rental and laundry service as well as a tour desk for trip planning (included climbing).Enjoy breakfast, lunch and dinner at beach restaurant, which serves appetising Seafood, Balinese Specialities, Indonesian and International cuisine.Transfer time from Ngurah Rai International Airport to Tulamben is 2,5 hrs and is available for a fee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, Despegar.com and HostelWorld so you can book your Matahari Tulamben Resort, Dive & SPA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Matahari Tulamben Hotel Tulamben
- Matahari Hotel Tulamben
- Matahari Tulamben Hotel Bali
- Matahari Tulamben Resort, Dive & SPA Bali