I completed my open water diver course here in this resort. The dive shop and the nearby dive spots are really nice. Many divers come here to dive during my stay. The liberty wreck dive spot can easily get crowded in the afternoon.
My instructor Disupardita is very nice and patient. As a plus, he speaks above-the-average English as a Balinese. When I first started the course, I was a little afraid of mask clearing and mouse-piece clearing. It turns out that my mouse-piece wasn't a good fit and we end up finding a smaller mouse-piece for me which later on fits perfectly. The beauty of the underwater world quickly calm me down and gets me motivated. My husband was initially signed up for the course as well. But he couldn't finish the course because or some ear pain. I was relieved to learn that the resort can refund some money back to us. I dived twice at coral garden (easier), twice at Liberty Wreck. After I complete my course, I signed up for an extra dive with Disupardita at Drop-off. During this dive, my primary mouse piece was broken. But I was calm and quickly switched to the secondary mouse piece at the depth of around 15 meters, thanks to D's great teaching. For the last three dives, I rented an underwater camera to take pictures. I would really recommend you to bring good camera if you are serious about diving. My pictures comes out ok, but way worse than what I actually saw.
About the resort, the reason I didn't give 5 star is that the room we stayed in was really small and basic. The major complaint about the room is that there isn't a desk. Luckily my husband and I are not picky especially considering the cheap package we get.
Overall, I recommend this place for diving.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With direct access to the beach, Matahari Tulamben Dive Resort & SPA offers an outdoor pool and a restaurant with stunning ocean views. Free Wifi Hotspot. The Dive Center provides convenient access to the Coral Garden and only 5 minutes walk to the USAT Liberty Wreck. Enjoy relaxing massages and beauty treatments in the lovely SPA.The homely Balinese-style rooms are all with private bathroom and equipped with either air conditioning or a fan. The low cost standard rooms have only cold water.The resort offers free parking, motorbike rental and laundry service as well as a tour desk for trip planning (included climbing).Enjoy breakfast, lunch and dinner at beach restaurant, which serves appetising Seafood, Balinese Specialities, Indonesian and International cuisine.Transfer time from Ngurah Rai International Airport to Tulamben is 2,5 hrs and is available for a fee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Matahari Tulamben Resort, Dive & SPA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Matahari Tulamben Hotel Tulamben
- Matahari Hotel Tulamben
- Matahari Tulamben Hotel Bali
- Matahari Tulamben Resort, Dive & SPA Bali