My partner and I have wanted to dive the Liberty Wreck for years. We run a dive shop on Gili Air and are forever being told by customers how fantastic it is.
They were all right. The wreck is a great dive. We did five dives, four day, night dive and a dive on the reef.
I did a ton of research before going and though many recommended staying in Amed that is a dive away and Matahari is right on the coast - five minute walk to the wreck.
I wanted to do 6 dives and every other place I found charged as much for those 6 dives as Matahari does for their entire package.
The rooms are fine and the aircon works really well. People really need to keep in mind that you get what you pay for. I've stayed in better rooms but I've paid much, much more for them. These were fine.
The food was excellent, really good and the staff were really friendly and helpful.
We did two dives with a guide and did four on our own (our choice, we're instructors so it's easy for us on our own).
I also had a foot massage too, which I highly recommend.
They have free Nitrox for qualified divers, a real plus when you're doing four dives in a day.
If you want to do six dives at an excellent price, eat nice food and see a really cool wreck then check out his place.
- Also Known As:
- Matahari Tulamben Hotel Tulamben
- Matahari Tulamben Hotel
- Matahari Hotel Tulamben
- Matahari Tulamben Hotel Bali
- Matahari Tulamben Resort, Dive & SPA Bali
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With direct access to the beach, Matahari Tulamben Dive Resort & SPA offers an outdoor pool and a restaurant with stunning ocean views. Free Wifi Hotspot. The Dive Center provides convenient access to the Coral Garden and only 5 minutes walk to the USAT Liberty Wreck. Enjoy relaxing massages and beauty treatments in the lovely SPA.The homely Balinese-style rooms are all with private bathroom and equipped with either air conditioning or a fan. The low cost standard rooms have only cold water.The resort offers free parking, motorbike rental and laundry service as well as a tour desk for trip planning (included climbing).Enjoy breakfast, lunch and dinner at beach restaurant, which serves appetising Seafood, Balinese Specialities, Indonesian and International cuisine.Transfer time from Ngurah Rai International Airport to Tulamben is 2,5 hrs and is available for a fee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com and Otel so you can book your Matahari Tulamben Resort, Dive & SPA reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.