Firsty, let me start by saying that the Villa Bugis staff are a very friendly, proactive and helpful bunch of people. I have absolutely no complaints as far as Villa Bugis employees are concerned, they were all wonderful!
However, Villa Amadelphous itself was a different matter and I cannot recommend that anyone stays at this villa until some major renovations are carried out. We had initially booked to stay at Villa Amadelphous for 10 nights, but only stayed for the first. (We were moved to another Villa Bugis property late on the second night where we stayed happily for the remainder of our holiday). Amadelphous is old, tired, run-down & in desperate need of a makeover. The furnishings, though adequate, are a weirdly mismatched collection of furniture & decorative items. For example - old bits of computers & stereos in the lounge that appear to have been dumped there, a huge print of a slavering, snarling T-Rex in one bedroom, 3 mismatched couches festooned with even more mismatched, shabby cushions stuffed into the living area, a huge egg shaped lamp on the coffee table that doesn't reach a powerpoint and...the piece de resistance.... a fridge disguised as a replica Golden Fleece petrol pump in the lounge room that is no longer working! The bathrooms were obviously suffering from repeated leaks as the paint on the walls by the basin was blistered and some of the cupboard doors were rotting. There was wifi connection, but it was too slow to be of any use and there was no telephone.
On the plus side, the pool was clean, the garden was lovely, the beds were spacious and comfy, the kitchen had everything you need (but again, a bit of a mishmash of cast-offs), the lounge/dining area was spacious and the breakfast on our first morning, prepared in our villa by friendly staff, was delicious.
Because of the pluses, we would have been prepared to put up with the negatives had we not had on-going problems with the electricity supply. I know, this is Bali and the electricity supply can be somewhat unreliable but ours was the only villa in the area that was without power both evenings. On the second night, the power was flickering on and off for hours, with the lights glowing a dim red. No power means of course no lights, aircon or TV (an inconvenience you might say for a short time) but it also means no running water to shower or even flush toilets as the water is pumped from the ground by electricity! When we managed to contact Villa Bugis staff (not an easy feat when there is no phone in the villa & they had forgotten to inform us that they have a security station not far away) they appeared promptly and spend quite some time trying to work out what the problem was but it could not be fixed. It was about 10pm when I suggested that they needed to find us somewhere to sleep as we were not going to spend the night hot, dirty and busting for the toilet! Once again, the staff were quick to respond to our request and within 15 mins a car was out the front waiting to take us to another villa. They even assisted with the last of the packing. At this stage, we were completely at the mercy of Villa Bugis staff - we had no idea where we were going, what our new villa would be like or even how long we would be able to stay there. I must say, where we ended up was a far superior and much bigger villa than Villa Amadelphous, in a very handy location on Jl Laksmana (Eat St) in Seminyak and we were able to remain there for the rest of our holiday at no extra cost.
I would happily book with Villa Bugis again, however, I would be asking a whole load of questions next time instead of relying on photos & write-ups.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa Bugis is an Integrated Property Management and Marketing services company that represents a selection of villa owner that we consider unique due to attributes such as location, service and facilities. Our executive team comprises of managerial level hotel professional with years experience in the field. This has enabled us to establish and maintain property quality as well as train our staff to provide committed and unobtrusive serviceVilla accommodation symbolizes an exciting new era in Bali’s tourism industry. Apart from obvious cost efficiencies, ample space and home like qualities; a villa holiday provides an opportunity to experience the delights of tropical living where guests are not isolated from the island and its people by the constraints of a hotel environment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Villa Bugis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Bugis Hotel Seminyak
- Villa Bugis Bali/Seminyak