This is the third time I stayed in Bali and we decided to try this place because it seemed to have nice reviews. Previously, we had stayed at Saba Villa and were extremely impressed with the smaller place. I have another review on Saba Villa but on a comparison level, Le Jardin was nice but didn't have as exceptional service as Saba Villa though it did have a larger property/villa to manage. Also, they had a complimentary but limited breakfast, which Saba did not limit you and was exceptionally prepared. The breakfast at Le Jardin was good but not as amazing and charged you for anything extra you wanted, if that makes any difference.
The Villa that we stayed in was huge; two stories with two outdoor bathrooms and an outdoor patio on both levels to sun. It was very private as they built high walls to separate each villa. I loved the pool and how it connected to our bedroom glass doors; you could actually just slide open the doors and slip into the pool! We actually had to change villas during our stay (we went diving in another location and came back the next night) and the second villa was just as nice except that the first villa had these glass panels you could use to close up the outdoor living room whereas the second villa did not. I wish they all had the glass panels to keep out the mosquitos because they are brutal in Bali. Le Jardin does spray an intense pesticide once every few days to try and keep them at bay so you have to be sure that you are indoors during that time (it's very loud and produces a thick white "smoke").
The fact that this villa had 2 stories meant that there was an extra room with two single beds and the outdoor bathroom/balcony upstairs for either children or other single adults. This might be nice for families who want a bit of separation between family time and romantic parent time. f
Cleanliness-wise, it was good. I understand that its hard to keep outdoor themed places clean all the time so it was a bit dusty in certain areas and there was actually a frog in our room! Not a big deal but still a surprise, lol. I think the layout of the villa is really nice though.
One big perk is that Le Jardin has a chauffeuring service available 24/7 to drop you off and pick you up anywhere. It's a really great aspect that cuts down on the inconvenience of having to flag down taxis to come and go from dinners, etc. You just call them and tell them where you are and they come immediately. Wonderful!
We also tried their massage service, which is located downstairs of their lobby. I went with my boyfriend and it was "ok." Nothing that special about the atmosphere or setup and I was actually a bit disappointed, though I didn't really know what to expect.
Overally, a very nice villa that is huge (too big for just one couple) and great for families or groups. Very private with good service and 24/7 drivers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set amidst the natural beauty and tranquillity of Seminyak, and developed on 4000m2 of exotic landscaped land that includes seasoned rainforest trees, Le Jardin encompasses an unsurpassed backdrop in which to enjoy a tropical retreat. Its nine two-bedroom and two three-bedroom villas are fully self-contained. The resort’s setting features five star luxury facilities and a service area to support all villa operations.Le Jardin’s design concept accommodates privacy, comfort and opulence with all villas featuring a spacious private pool and garden, outdoor living atmosphere and dining area surveying the swimming pool, garden area and lavish bedrooms complete with en-suite semi-open air bathroom.All of Le Jardin’s delightful villas come with the same open-air concept. Pretty glass doors entice you to enter the spacious areas complemented by warm and elegant dark wooden furniture, marble tiles downstairs and wooden floors upstairs, and leather woven sofas that match the stunningly carved black dining table. A token of our management’s creativity are the rattan ceilings and villas dubbed the names of tropical flowers. All odours from in-house blossoms to bath foam and shampoos release the scent and, therefore, the properties of that specific flower. This gives each villa a personal character. Rattan is usually used for furniture and floor mats but our audacious designers have taken it a step further, making the villas look innovative and stylish. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Le Jardin Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Jardin Boutique Villa Hotel Seminyak
- Le Jardin Boutique Hotel
- Le Jardin Boutique Seminyak
- Le Jardin Villas Bali/Seminyak