My husband and I spent the first week of our honeymoon here. The staff were great, they went above and beyond and always with a smile. We stayed in a pool villa. It was picture perfect, well designed, very private, felt like home right away, we did not want to leave.. We absolutely loved it! Location is handy, walking distance to shops and restaurants and about 10 mins walk to the beach. The minimart store right next door came in handy, theres a Commonwealth bank atm inside.
Make use of the complementary shuttle service to nearby markets in Seminyak Square, there's a little grocery store there if you want to buy snacks etc and alcohol is really cheap there.
The food in the restaurant and in-room dining was delicious, very high quality, it is a bit pricey for Bali but at least you know you are getting a great meal. (They don't serve soy milk, if you are lactose intolerant you will find that pretty much no one in Bali caters for it!? Just get soy milk from the grocery store if u need it for coffee). Daily breakfast was included with our stay, they give you as much as you want! It was fantastic every time. We gave them our order form the night before and had breakfast delivered to our villa- really handy if you have trouble communicating with the staff, they do speak English but have very strong accents, as you would expect.
If you stay for more than a few days I suggest you check out some of the surrounding restaurants for variety, we'd recommend to try "Biku" for dinner (ask reception to book your table as they get really really busy!) and "The deck" for lunch or cocktails- both are walking distance. Flapjaks nearby is worth checking out too, they serve pancakes, ice-cream and yummy food, the walk is about 15mins or use the shuttle service if you are too lazy to walk.
One day during our stay we had one of the kayana's drivers take us on a 10 hour tour around Bali to sight see. We had lunch overlooking the volcanos, stopped to see stepped rice paddys in Ubud, checked out Bali Zoo, a waterfall, a temple and a Barong dance all in one day- this cost about $80 AUD, the driver was great and really knowledgable of the area. (Be sure to bring extra cash for admission fees and spending money at each venue). Give reception as much notice as possible when planning to use the shuttle service to avoid disappointment. We have no complaints about The Kayana, we would undoubtedly love to return again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Kayana is the one of the preferred villas in Seminyak, boasting a reputation for quality accommodation at agreeable rates. The 24 separate villas are positioned just off a winding pathway, flanked with frangipani trees and tropical foliage. Surrounded by pristine gardens and rich in the rewards that fresh open air brings, a stay at The Kayana offers guests total privacy and tranquility. The Deluxe Villas is featuring a plunge pool as well as an outdoor dining and lounge area. Pristine gardens run throughout the pathways offering seclusion and tranquility. Moving further, each unit of their Pool Villas is featuring a spacious 28sqm pool with outdoor dining and lounge area with pristine gardens. All of the 24 private villas is stocked with double canopy king size bed, air condition, wireless connection, safe deposit box, a plasma TV and more. The Kayana is situated close to Potato Head, Huu Bar, Kudeta and surrounded by good restaurants and boutiques. Just 15 minutes by walking to public beach and 20 minutes by walking to Seminyak center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Splendia, Despegar.com, HotelTravel.com, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your The Kayana Bali reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Kayana Bali Hotel Seminyak
- Kayana Bali Seminyak
- Kayana Bali Hotel Seminyak
- The Kayana Bali Seminyak