“Great food, wonderful atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars

+62 361 730838
Improve this listing
Ranked #15 of 289 Restaurants in Seminyak
Cuisines: Italian, Contemporary, Bar, Pasta
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night, Dessert, Private Dining
Sydney, Australia
“Great food, wonderful atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

We had dinner on the second floor of this restaurant, the atmosphere at night is lovely and romantic - great ambience.

The food was delicious, and the cocktails were superb. I only wish we had had time to try it out for breakfast, maybe next time1

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
“Great atmosphere and delicious food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

Great food and an amazing atmosphere, we were on the second floor of this restaurant and had views out to the ocean, the lighting and decorations provided great ambience.

The cocktails were superb, and the food was all delicious. Service was also great.

I only wish we'd had time to try it out for breakfast!

Melbourne, Australia
“Fantastic as always”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

Excellent food, great cocktails and drinks. Favourite granita of lychee and lime. Service are very accommodating and polite. Beautiful views and children friendly

Melbourne, Australia
“Really good but not number one”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

After the hype, I thought this place would knock my socks off. It was good but not sensational – or have I been spoilt? The venue is lovely, pretty stunning actually but I came here [at night] for the food and service. It was really good but not cutting edge. [Am I being too harsh?]
The service is typical Balinese – laid back. I had to wait an eternity to get a drink. Silly really because the restaurant could have milked me for a lot more money – and I would have been happier.
Anyway, I like the place. The food was really good but there is a heap of competition in Seminyak for fine dining with a twist.
La Lucciola is definitely worth a visit.
I guess I am evaluating it against what I consider to be the most "out there", new taste sensation, number one restaurant.
I don't think it is number one but it is certainly very good.
Enjoy.

Visited September 2013
Adelaide, Australia
“Super Seminyak restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

In early August we had a fleeting visit to Bali - just four days of sun and self-indulgence. We had heard from a friend that La Lucchiola is one of Seminyak's landmark restaurants, and so booked in advance for dinner on one of our nights there. We were staying at the Legian which is literally two doors down the beach from the restaurant, so we strolled up, sandals in hand, in time for cocktails at the bar and a bit of Bali sunset watching. The meet-and-greet is outstanding, and the staff are courteous, professional and friendly. We had lovely cocktails, and the bar staff were terrific. We had a seriously good table for dinner, right at the front upstairs, and we enjoyed our meal from start to finish. The restaurant has very dim lighting (mainly tea light candles) and the waiter brought us little torches to read the menu. Cute.
We had a simple meal, just a main course each with a salad and a few glasses of wine. My prawn dish was superb: strozzapretti pasta with gorgeous fresh prawns, a light and satisfying dish. My partner had chicken breast wrapped in prosciutto, a typical Italian dish excellently executed. The salad was sharp and fresh, and a perfect counterpoint to the main dishes. I had several glasses of prosecco, my partner had a very fine merlot. It does seem odd to eat Italian food in Bali, but it really worked.
I had mentioned in my booking that this was a significant birthday event for my partner, and after we had finished our main courses, a truly beautiful dessert platter appeared, along with several staff singing 'Happy birthday'. We heard this little ritual happening elsewhere in the restaurant during the night - it's a lovely touch. We felt very special:)
The venue is magnificent: total beachfront, a splendid building, double storey, in traditional Balinese style, with a super bar below. On the night we were there, there was a lovely mixture of people: families with kids playing on the adjacent beachfront as the sun went down; cool couples drinking cocktails in the bar; serious diners enjoying outstanding Italian food; happy large groups of people just having fun on a warm night out. Our experience was delightful: good food, outstanding service ,and very reasonably priced by Australian standards, particularly given the huge duty on wine.
La Lucchiola has been there for a long time now, and it truly deserves its reputation as a Seminyak landmark. If you're going to Bali soon, book now!!!

• Visited August 2013