“nice but.. hmmm...” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #86 of 322 Specialty Lodging in Seminyak
Jakarta, Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
“nice but.. hmmm...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for 3 days 2 nights, I remember seeing pictures of this place about 2 weeks ago the last time we were planning our honeymoon here. when you really get it, never as good as you might imagine. The villa itself is in a good location. Staff were attentive and the household is a very high standard, but when we arrived the day the swimming pool there are some dirt from the hay when they had just cleaned when we arrived. Unfortunately, this place looks and feels old. Many of the stone surface cracks and furniture look less good condition. lots dirt or straw and animal manure that pollute the bed of straw ticks. There's even a lizard that fell from the ceiling to the floor of our room straw. Our villa room has a door that does not close completely and the rain seeps into the villa and flooded the floor. AC took half a day to cool the room and could hardly keep even on full blast all the time. probably still a lot of villas for the same price and conditions are better, I'm afraid I will not go back.

Room Tip: i stayed in K villa
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

We stayed here with 2 young kids and had a 1 room villa.

I remember looking at photos of this place about 6 years ago while we were planning our honeymoon and wishing we could afford it.

As with most things that you spend too much time wishing for, when you actually get it, it's never as good as you imagined.

The villa itself is in a good location. A couple of streets away from the busy bits of Seminyak while still being a 7 minute walk away from the heart of Seminyak. There's even a small padi field and a few token cows right outside the entrance of the villa, just in case you wanted that rustic feel.

The staff were attentive and housekeeping was of a very high standard, apart from the day we arrived when I had to ask that they clean the pool again (they had just cleaned it when we arrived, but there was some dodgy residue at the bottom).

Unfortunately, this place looks and feels its age. Many of the stone surfaces are cracked and the furniture looks like it has seen better days. Our villa had doors that didn't close completely and the rain seeped into the villa and flooded the floor. The rain also came in through the light fittings and it was evident from the hasty and rough patch jobs all over the room that this was not an isolated incident. The air conditioner took half a day to cool the room and could barely keep up despite being on full blast the whole time.

There must be hundreds of villa complexes in similar locations and at similar price points throughout Bali. Given the choices available, I'm afraid I wouldn't come back.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2012

We flew from Singapore and stayed in Bvilla during the children school holiday in June 2011. It was highly recommended by my relatives who stayed there a couple of time on that same year. However, eventhough the first 2-3 nites was enjoyable, when we stayed on Bvilla seaside...on the day we supposed to move to the Spa area, we felt that we had been treated in a very rude way.
We were supposed to change to the Spa side since we had made arrangement to extend our stay just a few days before. And we've been told that we cannot stay in the Seaside villa anymore because it had been booked by other guest..which we were fine about.
However, we had packed our luggages and had been waiting since 10 am til ard 1.30 without any information when would the other villa be ready.
I have 3 little kids age 4, 3 and a 1 year old baby and my other family members. And the kids were hungry and cranky and tired, so at around 1.30 I decided to put the baby down for her nap and called the front office that they can take their time cleaning and preparing the other room because my baby needed her nap and the rest needed to have some lunch. And I made sure I let her know NOT to move our things until we were back from our quick lunch because we had a lot of stuff and would like to supervise the people who were supposed to move our belongings, and NOT to wake my baby up til I come back. The lady who picked up the phone said yes yes and at that point they still didnt know when the other villa going to be ready.
So while we were having lunch at restaurant just barely 5 minutes away from Bvilla, my helper called and told me that the staff came and insisted they want to move all our stuff to the other villa and even abruptly just took our luggages which includes a couple of ipads and laptops that I didnt want to be touched by anyone. They even woke my sleeping baby up and asked my helper to be out from the villa immediately!!
I quickly drove back to the villa only to find the cleaners had moved all stuff to the front desk of the Bvilla seaside (which was just a small pathetic table with a small sofa.) and dumped all my belongings (eight luggages) with the ipads and laptops scattered around the floor near the sofa. My baby was crying and my helper tried to comfort her helplessly.
I was so mad at this kind of treatment. And when I tried to ask for the GM, I had been told that he wasnt around and that a manager on duty who was useless and can only say. 'MAAF, MAAF (meaning sorry in Indonesian) and didnt even dare to look me in the eye. I asked him why he suddenly needed to move us out within that minute. And he told me the reason was because the new guests who were supposed to occupy our villa before had arrived. So they needed us to clear the villa right away. They cant even wait for half and hour while we had waited for hours ????
Get real! We had been ready since morning and kept calling and asking when can we move to the Spa villa and they cant even give us any answer but once the overseas guests arrived , we had to get out right away? What rubbish was that?? I am a Singapore PR born Indonesian nationality with a Malaysian husband and all my kids are American citizen so technically some of us are not local too! We were supposed to be treated equally.
Just because I speak bahasa Indonesia didnt mean we had to be treated in a different way.
Anyway, in the end they decided to compensate us with 10% discount and to meet the GM two days after (the day we supposed to check out) But we didnt bother anymore because first, we were in a rush and second, too late...Bvilla had already made a bad impression on us.
I held no grudge or whatsoever to Bvilla, but we will NEVER stay there again ever. There are hundreds of villas around Seminyak and I rather try other places than to go back again and worry if they ever do the same thing to us again. To the people who got a good service from Bvilla...I am happy for you guys!

Tirta

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Perth, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

Stayed here between Christmas and New Years. The photos of Bvilla+spa look great and indeed it does seem good when you first walk in, however, I noticed a number of small things wrong with it after being there for a day.

BATHROOM
-The shower head did not point into the bath and about half the water ended up on the floor of the bathroom after every shower.
- The toilet did not flush properly, had to use a pot from the kitchen to pour water into the toilet after each use to make it flush.
- A build up of mould around the edges of the bathroom floor (the bathroom had that damp wet mould smell)
- The extremely small windows are not sealed, making a breeding ground for mosquitos.

BEDROOM
- ROOM SAFE, we had $150 go missing from the safe in our room, my girlfriend and I had cash in our passport wallets. The first time we noticed the money not adding up $50 was missing from my GF's cash, we convinced ourselves maybe we made a mistake when we originally counted it. The next day we came back and went to get more money changed and noticed another $50 missing from my GF's cash and $50 dollars missing from my own. Decided from then on to put our remaining cash in our suitcases and put a lock on it. Being in a foreign country I didn't really feel comfortable reporting it to the staff because I was unsure what adverse consequences it may have on us for accusing them of taking our money. We thought we'd just bite the bullet and move on with our holiday.
- Air conditioner did not point towards the bed, after coming home from a day out and the cleaning staff had turned off the air conditioning the room would be really hot and we would have to wait a couple of hours for the whole room to cool down before it was pleasant enough to sleep.
-The bedroom doors were not sealed, with a large gaping whole at the bottom letting air and mosquitos in from outside, if you plan on staying here I would suggest bringing insect repellent.
- At night time cannot leave the doors open otherwise the room is swamped with mosquitos, even if they aren't on your body because you have repellent it isn't that comforting having a room full of mosquitos.

POSITIVES OF BVILLA+spa
- Great staff who were more than happy to give you advice on where to go and how
- Shuttle bus service with a number of cars on standby to take you where you need, only on a rare occasion they needed to order a taxi for us because all the cars were out. Even dropped us at the airport.
- Free wi-fi in your bedroom
-Good location, about a 5 minute walk to Ultimo Restaurant (However, at night the side streets you walk down from the main street to reach Bvilla+Spa are poorly lit, probably wouldn't want to be walking back to the villa solo at night time)
- A quiet area

IN SUMMARY
It would not take much to make this place fantastic, the rooms just need a renovation and this would be a good place to stay.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2011

My wife and i spent 7 days at bvilla celebrating 20 years married. We have travelled the word and have never been treated as we were at bvilla..staff did everthing they could possible do to make our stay pleasurable ..nothing was to hard ..always went out of their way to help any way they could ..and most of all never expected a reward for service..only a smile and a thankyou...every where else i would for ever be "tipping" , Our very best wishes and thanks to all the staff at bvilla,
regards
Tony & Pauline.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2011

stay here as we got a 2 night voucher. Feel lucky that we didnt pay this for anything.

the bathroom built quality is like a one star hotel. the outdoor sofa also already worn out. the air con is also too small for the villa. we have to move our sleeping position to experience the cool air from the air con.

we also experience electricity blackout in our villa everytime we left our villa and return to found out about the blackout. so we have to wait the engineer to come and rescue us.

but the location is very good. and the staff are very helpful.

• Stayed November 2011
Canberra
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2011

We stayed here with our teenage daughter in October and had friends staying in neighbouring villas. Ive read some negative reviews on here and I'm surprised as we had a fantastic time as we would definitely return.
The villas were lovely...they have weathered a little as they are all very open plan but the large rooms were fully equipped including a DVD player in each bedroom which was great if the kids wanted to relax after a busy day. The kitchens are pretty basic and are part of the open air living area. Staff were happy to bring anything requested.
Each villa had a beautiful garden with frangipani trees everywhere, an amazing and huge pool which sat between the bedrooms, and each bedroom had a massive Balinese stone bathroom with the most beautiful bathroom products...shampoos, moisturizers, shower gels etc.
One of the families with us had quite small children so the villa staff put a pool fence around the pool for safety. Staff came in to cook us western style breakfasts each morning which were pretty good compared to many western meals you get in Bali.
I'd recommend staying there and would stay there again. If you are looking for a flash modern hotel, then this might not be your thing, but if you are looking for a beautiful relaxing Balinese style experience then stay here. And try the German restaurant thats about a one minute walk to the end of the street...strange to eat German food while in Bali but it was fantastic and one of the best meals I ate there. The kids all loved it too.

The location is great and is close to great boutiques, restaurants and

Room Tip: We stayed in the Bvilla spa 2 bedroom villa and it was lovely. King sized and fully equipped bedroom...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Been to bvilla + Spa? Share your experiences!