I don't normally write reviews about places that I have stayed but I couldn't possibly not about the Anantara. It is perfection.
We are on the last night of our 2 week honeymoon and I literally could not have wished for any more.
The staff are INCREDIBLE. They are the cutest people known to man. The staff that you end up dealing with on a day to day basis all address you by first name, they take a genuine interest about how you are, how your day has been, and what you've been up to.
The food is scrumptious. I found myself looking forward to breakfast before I had even eaten my evening meal elsewhere.
We ate our evening meal in the hotel on a couple of occasions and the food and service was perfect! In previous reviews I found that people were saying that the hotel prices were expensive. I did not find this to be the case. I would describe them on more of a par as the prices you would expect to pay in England. Granted if you go to some of the more local places then the prices are cheaper. However, the quality isn't as good. You get what you pay for.
I have never seen anybody work as hard and long hours as the pool guys, they are an absolute credit to the hotel, as are the breakfast and the concierge staff.
Nothing was too much trouble. They helped us confirm bookings we had made for ourselves to go on day trips despite not having booked them through the hotel. They also gave us a slightly later check out than usual as we are not flying until later in the evening.
Because it was our honeymoon when we arrived there was a little 'happy honeymoon' cake for us in our room. Then the hotel also offered us a 90minute complimentary couples massage that was the best massage I have ever had. The staff made you feel 100% comfortable and you were able to truly relax for the whole time. There was no pressure to book more treatments off the back of this. Although, if I had enough spare money I definitely would have had another.
They also gave us a departing personalised honeymoon gift that was well made, and had both of our names inscribed onto it. A completely unexpected, but very cherished gift!!!
The SOS bar is very romantic and incredibly chilled. Playing decent chill out tunes to match.
In previous posts I also read that people thought the rooms were a little dated. I totally disagree. It was a beautiful room, HUGGGGEEE, with a very large shower and bath, and very large and comfortable bed.
I accidentally broke a small mirror while I was here. I was mortified about it so wrote a little letter saying sorry and that if they could add on the cost to my bill and just let me know how much this would be, only to be told that they would not be charging me for the damage as a valued guest at the hotel.
Every single touch is taken care of here. I truly couldn't have wished to stay in a better hotel, it has made our honeymoon absolutely unforgettable and if we get the chance we absolutely will.
You could choose a more perfect hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Anantara’s all-suite Bali resort at Seminyak offers a distinctly contemporary design approach blended with Balinese and Indonesian culture, ocean views, expansive balconies and Anantara’s inimitable Jacuzzi terrazzo bath tubs big enough for two. Our all-suite resort amenities range from the glorious rooftop lounge SOS Supper Club and rooftop Anantara Spa to one infinity edge swimming pool staring out upon the Indian Ocean.Anantara Seminyak Resort & Spa matches its elegant approach to travel with one of the most upmarket locations in Indonesia, containing chic restaurants and cafes, trendy nightlife and internationally renowned shopping opportunities. With nearby historical charms and our Bali hotel’s fastidious approach to both design and facilities, Anantara Seminyak Resort & Spa provides an unforgettable accommodation experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, AsiaRooms, getaroom.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Ctrip TA, HotelTravel.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Anantara Seminyak Resort & Spa, Bali reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anantara Seminyak Resort And Spa, Bali
- Anantara Seminyak Resort & Spa, Bali Hotel Seminyak
- Anantara Hotel Seminyak
- Anantara Seminyak Hotel Bali