“Worth every single penny!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Anantara Seminyak Resort & Spa, Bali
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Jl Abimanyu (Dhyana Pura), Seminyak, Bali, Indonesia   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #17 of 106 Hotels in Seminyak
“Worth every single penny!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

I don't normally write reviews about places that I have stayed but I couldn't possibly not about the Anantara. It is perfection.

We are on the last night of our 2 week honeymoon and I literally could not have wished for any more.

The staff are INCREDIBLE. They are the cutest people known to man. The staff that you end up dealing with on a day to day basis all address you by first name, they take a genuine interest about how you are, how your day has been, and what you've been up to.

The food is scrumptious. I found myself looking forward to breakfast before I had even eaten my evening meal elsewhere.

We ate our evening meal in the hotel on a couple of occasions and the food and service was perfect! In previous reviews I found that people were saying that the hotel prices were expensive. I did not find this to be the case. I would describe them on more of a par as the prices you would expect to pay in England. Granted if you go to some of the more local places then the prices are cheaper. However, the quality isn't as good. You get what you pay for.

I have never seen anybody work as hard and long hours as the pool guys, they are an absolute credit to the hotel, as are the breakfast and the concierge staff.

Nothing was too much trouble. They helped us confirm bookings we had made for ourselves to go on day trips despite not having booked them through the hotel. They also gave us a slightly later check out than usual as we are not flying until later in the evening.

Because it was our honeymoon when we arrived there was a little 'happy honeymoon' cake for us in our room. Then the hotel also offered us a 90minute complimentary couples massage that was the best massage I have ever had. The staff made you feel 100% comfortable and you were able to truly relax for the whole time. There was no pressure to book more treatments off the back of this. Although, if I had enough spare money I definitely would have had another.

They also gave us a departing personalised honeymoon gift that was well made, and had both of our names inscribed onto it. A completely unexpected, but very cherished gift!!!

The SOS bar is very romantic and incredibly chilled. Playing decent chill out tunes to match.

In previous posts I also read that people thought the rooms were a little dated. I totally disagree. It was a beautiful room, HUGGGGEEE, with a very large shower and bath, and very large and comfortable bed.

I accidentally broke a small mirror while I was here. I was mortified about it so wrote a little letter saying sorry and that if they could add on the cost to my bill and just let me know how much this would be, only to be told that they would not be charging me for the damage as a valued guest at the hotel.

Every single touch is taken care of here. I truly couldn't have wished to stay in a better hotel, it has made our honeymoon absolutely unforgettable and if we get the chance we absolutely will.

You could choose a more perfect hotel.

Unforgettable holiday!!!!

• Stayed September 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
  • Indonesian first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

This is an intimate beachfront hotel and was worth it in every way. The rooms are large and very comfortable. I was upgraded to a suite and the small touches made it evident that the management genuinely cares about the comfort of their guests. Just as an example there was a welcome cookie with a personal note from the GM. The breakfast was the best i have had as apart from the buffet they also include a few cooked to order ala carte items (not your usual egg station).
The thing that made this hotel stand out was the staff and the service. Ever smiling, ever helpful, it felt like they really enjoyed what they were doing and their only objective was to take care of their guests. All in all a wonderful stay and i would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Campbelltown, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

This hotel offers nothing but the best!!! This is truly one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in to date. You wouldn't expect anything less with the Anantara chain. It's right on the beach, and well worth the extra money we paid to stay here. Bali's luxury at its best .The service and staff are outstanding (always going above and beyond and very very welcoming). The rooms really huge and beautiful, with all the added extras. We were delighted to find some little surprises (such as cookies, soaps) on our bed after it being made up most days. Our room had a view of the beach, the location could not be beaten. We loved the fact that we had our own direct access to the pool outside our room as well! At night to the left of the hotel along the beach there are little restaurants/bars with bean bags to sit on on the sand and cheap cocktails. Really great location for young travellers and couples. The Anantara's own bar and restaurant upstairs was also awesome. The food was amazing!!! We began many nights there having a few drinks before going out on the town.. The continental breakfast provides everything you would want and more. I'm sure if there was something you wanted that wasn't there one of the staff would go out of their way to get it for you. I also visited the Spa and I was not disappointed. Pretty sure I drooled everywhere during my massage. After 3 trips to Bali I can honestly say if you're looking for the best hotel in Bali the the Anantara Seminyak is unbeatable.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Sentosa Island, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

So Anantara...!!! If you know this hotel group... No need any explanation... Everything of a high quality.. As you may expect from Anantara... So from me no waist of time writing about comfy beds, good service etc etc... Can promises you.. You choose this about.... Well you get it all!!!

Location wise.. Top, just look out of your window and the ocean is there..
No any comment further... Oh yeah... Every single rupiah worth it..!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed at the Anantara early August this year and we had the most amazing time! I am so glad we paid the extra money and got a room with direct access to a pool, as well as views out to the ocean. The room was huge and with the most amazingly comfortable big bed! The staff were so friendly and went out of their way to help. They even helped my partner organise his proposal to me! The breakfasts in the morning weren't your typical hotel style breakfast, with plenty of healthy options on the menu. The chef has done a great job in catering for everyone's tastes. Great option for couples wanting a romantic getaway. Thanks Anantara! Such a great hotel!

Room Tip: Spend the extra money to get a pool access room that open onto the beach!
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Stayed here for 5 nights in August and we were delighted with the Anantara in every way. The Ocean View Room was amazing and the bed was the most comfortable I've ever slept in.Breakfast was amazing service was excellent and unobtrusive which I'm all for.Nothing was pushed at us and smiles from all staff from front desk to cleaners and maintenance staff.Great location right on beach and close to great restaurants and beach bars. Have stayed at many nice hotels in Bali but this one ticked all the boxes , no unpleasant smells , plumbing problems or insects.The sunsets from our balcony glorious and enjoyed SOS bar great for cocktails and snacks. The other clientele were great a few families but children were very well behaved and lovely to see honeymooners enjoying themselves with all the luxuries at their disposal.First time at The Anantara for me second for my husband and I'm glad he wanted me to come back and experience it with him this time.Will definitely try and get back there next year Thankyou to all that made our stay a very memorable one.

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

I don't normally write reviews, but the anantara hotel in seminyak is gorgeous - people should know. Not just because the rooms were big, beautiful with everything you could possibly want (we had an ocean room). And not because we were literally on the beach, with a fantastic view of e ocean and surf break. Not to mention a beautiful out door spa bath....the list goes on. But more so the fact that the staff are lovely, not overly pushy but friendly and helpful. They do the most amazing breakfasts, it's included in your room bill - so you don't have to try and work out what you a allowed to eat with foggy holiday brain. It's all included. Try their fresh juices - wow. Finally, grab one of their many day beds in front of the infinity pool and with panoramic view of the beach and surf, and they will bring you complimentary water, fruit and sun cream... We didn't get past this, with direct access to fantastic surf - the other pool wasn't even a consideration for us. Finally a quick mention of the spa - fabulous - do it. If you get a late afternoon massage, visit the SOS bar for the best seat in the house to watch the sun go down on top of the building. We will definitely be back and will look out for other hotels in this chain in other countries. Thank you anantara - we have loved it.

Room Tip: Rooms on the higher levels (level 2 and above) are not directly on top of the eating area for the oc...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Anantara Seminyak Resort & Spa, Bali? Share your experiences!