“Second visit and still a paradise!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bali Island Villas & Spa

You added Bali Island Villas & Spa to your Saves list
Bali Island Villas & Spa
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl. Raya Petitenget No 469, Seminyak, Bali 80361, Indonesia   |
Ranked #27 of 107 Hotels in Seminyak
Singapore
“Second visit and still a paradise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2012

My daughter and I decided there was no better place to stay than at this tranquil and secluded" home-away-from- home" if we're visiting Bali and so were back a second time to enjoy the wonderful hospitality of the warm and caring staff who kept the villa and pool spotlessly clean, brought us our food exactly the way we wanted it (not too sweet nor too salty) and dropped us off at all our favourite places (Seminyak Square, Mades restaurant). They were always cheerful and smiling, and our guide for the half-day tour, Agus, not only took us to the black sand beaches, the batik factory at Batubalan, and Jimbaran, (at our request) but also enterprisingly suggested that we visited the factory outlets (Billabong etc) on our way back. He thoughtfully reminded us to leave for our flight at 7pm the next day and we made it in good time despite the terrible traffic jam at one junction, thanks to the skilful driving of another kind and patient butler who took us to the airport.
When you stay at the villas, you really should take all your tours with them (reasonable rates and customized to your own wishes), you can leave from the villas at a time that suits you and you can be sure of a reliable guide.
We felt so safe and well-cared for throughout our stay; another plus point, the cafe "Java Jive" just outside, is now refurbished and serves delicious food! Guess we'll be back next year, we understand some people have returned five times!

Room Tip: There are ten villas in all; we were perfectly happy with No.4, but if you want even more privacy, g...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here just this week and thought I would write my review quickly to encourage others to book now and stop shopping around.
Bali Island villas is everything you would expect it to be (based on the reviews) but the advantage is has over others is the level of service.
When our boat to Gili was cancelled due to bad weather the receptionist spent most of her day trying to shop around to other agents,when this failed she was then kind enough to arrange and book plane tickets instead..all part of the service and experience of staying here..well recommend an initial stay..I'll be coming back to sure!

• Stayed January 2012
Perth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2012

The Villa's are very spacious, open plan, with private pool and upstairs Bali hut with Day bed. They are located right next to Potato Head Beach Club and Restaurant...A must see experience!!
Spacious kitchen facilities, (which we didn’t use) breakfast set up for you each morning by the friendly butler staff. The Villa's have a car service that drops you anywhere in Seminyak area and as it so close to everything the taxi's are only like $1 AUD back.

We will go back as they were really comfortable and excellent. Best shower I have had in an Asian country.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2012

Definitely one of the best places to indulge in when you're in Bali! My boyfriend and I spent a week in Bali Island Villas, we were impressed with the size of the private pool and the space the villa had to offer. The package deals offered were pretty reasonable, from airport transfers, to in room dining, etc. All staff was very friendly and nice, always try to ask them for local food recommendations and history. They will have loads of information to provide. Spacious rooms, where he could do his own stuff, with me just steps away doing my own, but yet within the same compound, but with the added serenity. Location’s quite good within Seminyak. As always, not everything is perfect; food could definitely be improved with added variety. Would be good if yoga mats are provided for yoga-ers to practice in the available rooftop patio, besides that lovely massage bed! Lastly, just bear with the mosquitoes and lizards…but what can I say, there’s a price to pay for such indulging getaways. Overall, kudos and we will love to stay with you again!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

Just wanna share my views on this Villa..... Awesome. My wife and I just got married and we decided to go to Bali Island Villas & Spa for our Honeymoon getaway. The experience was splendid. There are airport transfers from the villa, in-room breakfast service, staff was very hospitable and helpful to any requisitions. The Villa is well-kept, spacious for honeymooners and the pool is just nice for a couple to have a relaxing time together. But among all the splendor, the 2nd floor massage mattress sheet cover should be changed on a daily basis in my opinion. Although we did not use it, it was rather dusty.

The Taman Merah Spa was awesome as well. I'm not a big fan of massage spas, but this place changed my perception. It was incredibly relaxing. My wife and I took the 2 hr massage and scrub. It was to die for.

If anyone else are adventurous as us, you could rent a scooter from the villas for 50,000 RP a day inclusive of helmets(dun worry). It was very convenient for us to have those with a map as our trip was during Christmas season. Traffic is a killer....

All in all.... I, Mohd Affandi and wife Nurul Raoda would definitely recommend this sanctuary to all types of holiday escapees. Never regret... I would want to come to Bali Island Villas & Spa sometime soon. Cheers!

Perth, Western Australia, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2011

My boyfriend and I spent 2 days and nights at the Bali Island Villas and Spa after having spent 3 nights in an all inclusive resort in Nusa Dua and we had a fantastic time. The location is perfect, right next door to Potato Head (literally next door) down the road from Biku Tea House and not far from Seminyak Square. That said, once you are inside your room it is truly peaceful. The rooms were deluxe, what we particularly liked was the water cooler (clean water whenever you needed it), the beautiful outdoor area with pool and deck chairs and the black out shutters on the bedroom meaning you slept soundly. The staff were most helpful, I ordered room service and it came within 15 minutes. We also requested extra towels and I swear the butler must have ran to our room because they were delivered within 3 minutes. Other benefits: free transfers to and from airport and free shuttle into Kuta. I would recommend this hotel to any couples looking to stay close to Kuta (but not too close if you know what I mean) but also enjoy a little luxury. Oh and you absolutely must head to Huu Bar for dinner. It is 3 mins walk from Villas and the food and cocktails are deluxe yet still so much cheaper than Australia.

Room Tip: Room 4 was fantastic.
Jakarta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2011

Exeed our expectations!! 4 Stars ++ Villa Class. The place is well maintained, it looks the same from the photos prvided in their website. The hotel services & staff are great! Good range options of breakfast. The hotel are near around famous bar & Resto : Hu-U Bar & Potato Head.

The Taman Merah Spa near the hotel provide an excellent spa experience (2 Hours full body massage are recomended when you arrive at the hotel)

Perfect palce for Honeymooners

Room Tip: Every room is perfect!!!
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Bali Island Villas & Spa? Share your experiences!