“Amazing Villas, Great Service, Perfect Location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Peppers Sentosa

You added Peppers Sentosa to your Saves list
Peppers Sentosa
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Pura Telaga Waja, Seminyak, Bali 80361, Indonesia   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Sentosa Romance Package
Ranked #44 of 106 Hotels in Seminyak
Perth
“Amazing Villas, Great Service, Perfect Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

We have stayed at Sentosa Villas in Seminyak a number of times. The location is perfect, especially for groups as there are lots of shops, restaurants, bars etc close by, and people can do their own thing. The villas are very spacious, clean, and luxurious. You can only but relax and unwind. This is the place to stay in Seminyak.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
SentosaSeminyak G, Manager at Peppers Sentosa, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Dear scored

Thank you for staying with us yet again, and appreciate the review. I hope you visited our new restaurant, Salt tapas by Luke Mangan as well as our new spa program.

I look forward to welcoming you back!

Cheers,
Resort Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Tokyo, Japan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

The Villas (we stayed at a 2 bedroom) here a good sized. Staff at front office is not so friendly nor efficient. There were a few times when no one was even at the reception!! The villas are located in Seminyak but not really a convenient walking distance. If you don't mind walking, there are shops and cafes etc 20 mins walk. Otherwise you will need to get a cab each time you want to go anywhere. For the price, there are hundreds of other villas in Bali with better location and service. The stay was enjoyable but not outstanding. I would only recommend this villa to a large group of family or friends who are happy to stay mainly within the villas and hotel grounds and enjoy eachtoher's company. However if you want to explore, go to the beach, check out shops with convenience, this would not be the place for you.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
SentosaSeminyak G, Manager at Peppers Sentosa, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Dear minima

Thank you for your review.

I am happy to hear you enjoyed the villas. They are spacious and as you have highlighted, good for family and groups of friends travelling together. We are working on a number of 1 and 2 bedroom villas that are more contemporary and cosier. We are planning to launch these villas later in 2014.

I appreciate the constructive feedback on service and will be using this an opportunity to continue working on raising our standards to meet our guest needs.

Thank you again.

dalyellup wa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

Whilst visiting Bali we extended our holiday and visited other accomodation . We walked to the Sentosa seminyak which is located approx 500 metres off the main road , you would have to walk this to get a taxi or the hotel has golf buggys to take you . We did not stay at this accomodation.
We walked into the lobby and asked for accomodation for our period and the lady said that they were full , but there was still rooms available immediately , we asked to see a room and that when she said there were all of a sudden none available.
We said that we would be returning in April but she was not interested and no offer of a lift back to main road.
I can not comment on the resort but staff are not friendly and this place is in the middle of nowhere.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear TravelHounds1

Thank you for sharing your experience when you visited us. I apologise for the misunderstanding at our reception. We were indeed fully booked and had only a villa available than were due to check-in. This should have been more clearly explained.

If there's anything I can do to assist with your coming visit in April 2014, please do contact me directly at sashi.rajan@sentosaseminyak.com

Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

Location of villas is not very convenient, everywhere by transport please. Entrance to property is a short ride. They provide buggy rides between all villas and close by Seminyak areas, but can get quite busy during peak seasons.
Enormous villas and layout is good as space between rooms / pool / living / entrance are well planned. It is quiet and privacy guaranteed! Went as a group of 12-14pax and booked a 4 BR and a 3BR villa for 4 nights. Amber space in each Villas, especially the 4BR with large enough space to have parties and we had in-villa BBQ dinner prepared by the restaurant... the 3 BR villa is more rundown and it is smaller is size, but is enough for 2pax and can be quite cosy for any couple.
Breakfast is good at the restaurant opposite the main pool & near the lobby, plenty of choices as compared to breakfast in villa, where not all selections are given and food tends to be cold.
Overall, rate it a 4 out of 5.... the large villa compound is a plus for family & friends to gather , relax & bond on a holiday together.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
sentosabali, Manager at Peppers Sentosa, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Dear Joeykeong

Thank you for taking the time to review us.

I am glad to you hear you enjoyed your stay with us back in February this year. I appreciate the constructive feedback and will be looking into them.

Do visit us again the next time are in Bali.

Regards, Sashi
Sentosa Seminyak
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

Our party of eight stayed in the 4BR Presidential Villa. Staff were great especially at the restaurant. Breakfast was amazing. So much choice and although you can have it delivered to your villa we chose to go to the restaurant every morning. Didn't use the spa as treatments are expensive and there are cheaper choices outside the complex. Having a fitness centre there was great and staff again enthusiastic and helpful.

Cannot fault the villa itself but for what they charge I think the property needs to "step-up". Our fridge didn't work efficiently and they sent someone to have a look at it. Next thing we have another older fridge installed smack bang in the middle of the community living area. Problem solved!??? Don't think that watching television is high on the agenda when holidaying but some rainy days can be spent enjoying a movie in your villa. There was no TV/DVD player in the main living area and again, not a big deal but every other villa (even with a lower star rating) I have stayed in provides this.

No iPod dock or even a basic cord to play music. They did provide a CD player but no cord for the iPod. Again, maybe a bit picky but as I work in the Travel Industry and experience many different properties it was surprising that a simple and relatively cheap provision such as this was not supplied.

The last night of our stay we had a late check-out and due to a hair dryer shorting and nearly electrocuting my friend we had a black-out. All was attended to promptly but little was mentioned of the pending disaster with the hair dryer. It was more important it seemed that we exit the villa and settle our account! The appliance had blown sparks and somehow singed the marble on the bathroom bench. Hate to think what it would have done to my friend had she not been quick enough to put it down!

All this was documented in an email which I sent to the Manager of Sentosa but no reply was forthcoming. Disappointing! This property promotes luxury and charges accordingly but due to my experience I would be hesitant in returning as there are way too many other properties with the same or better facilities that are not as expensive. Hence my rating of 3 not 4.

Room Tip: Any of the villas will be nice but if you want to get to Laksmana quickly choose one at the rear of...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
sentosabali, Manager at Peppers Sentosa, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Dear Gaye1210

Thank you for your review of Sentosa Seminyak based on your stay in December 2012.
I am sorry to hear that your experience then was not to expectation.

I am happy to share that we have upgraded a significant part of the resort's facilities. We have replaced a number of equipment (fridges, hair dryers) and have added iPod docks to all villas. TVs/DVDs player are being introduced to the living room too.

We have a new spa menu offering a better value price point, and Salt tapas restaurant by Luke Mangan recently opened in September.

I do hope you would consider giving Sentosa Seminyak another attempt when you visit Bali next. I would like to introduce you to current facilities and services we offer.

Melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

Whether the accommodation is good or bad, for me, the staff are the deciders. The reception, cleaning staff, room service, management, bar and dining staff, chef, bell boys and spas staff were all very hospitable and accommodating.

We had a couple of issues but all the staff dealt with our problems so promptly.

We were a little unlucky with a blocked shower on arrival, a dirty sock in the ceiling fan, a fruit basket from the previous guest the day before (with the previous guests name on it), broken air conditioning, and broken wifi. Yet very time we had an issue, staff were on site in minutes to fix our problems. The beds are so comfortable and have mosquito nets too.

The staff were overly apologetic about our troubles and went over and above to make sure that we were accommodated.

The villas are gorgeous, and the outdoor bathrooms and pool in the 3 room villas are amazing. You can get breakfast in your villa, but it's nicer in the main dining.

Wifi is excellent. Fast and reliable. When the wifi stalled on us, the techs were there before we even noticed the problem and stayed until the issue was fixed on all of our devices.

The food is really nice.

Seminyak shops are in walking distance. Don't pay more than $2.5 for a taxi ride in to the main street of Seminyak from Sentosa.

The spa is amazing. It costs a little more than BodyWorks and the other shops up the street, but you get what you pay for. Sentosa spa staff are so nice and and the rooms are clean and peaceful. They also do a proper foot scrub before a full body massage.

Loved it and would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Book on agoda and get a good rate. We scored a 45% discount during off-peak. Book a room with your o...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear ratededge

Thank you for your review.

Good to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Although there were some initial glitches, I am happy to hear the team assisted to resolve all your concerns and made you comfortable for the rest of your time at Sentosa Seminyak.

I am also delighted to hear you like our new restaurant, Salt tapas and our spa. The spa recently expanding their programs to include more wellness and light medical treatments, so do visit again!

I look forward to welcoming you back.

San Francisco California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

We rented the unit with 3 Villas with a pool in June 2013 for 3 nights.
First let me start out with the best parts:
1. The pool was nice.
2. Really liked the living room, dining room, and kitchen building that was part of our unit.
It was very spacious and open and well equipped.
3. The Villas/Rooms were spacious.
4. The bathrooms were nice.
5. The breakfasts that were delivered to our building was excellent. I really liked it.

Mediocre:
1. All the facilities both in our unit and the main public area were worn out and need remodeling/updating.
2. The location is lousy and you need a vehicle or taxi to get around. It is too far of a walk to get
anywhere.

Bad:
1. When you enter the front door of the compound we rented, the landing is narrow and one night my 80 year old mother fell right into the pond. Not good!!! Thankfully she was not badly injured. It is a dangerous layout if you are not careful when entering the compound.
2. The house keeping service was lousy and it took multiple requests to get them to wash the dishes and glasses that were dirty.
3. The service at the main restaurant was surprisingly bad. This was the first time in all my trips
to Bali that I ever encountered unfriendly service by the lady serving us. For some strange reason she was very condescending and curt with our table. We did absolutely nothing to deserve such bad service.

I thought this was going to be a great experience, but it was a huge let down. We have been to Bali five times and this was our only poor experience. I will never come back here.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
sentosabali, Manager at Peppers Sentosa, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Dear JBrown411

Thank you for taking the time to write a detailed review of your stay early in the year. I appreciate the balanced approach and constructive feedback.

I am happy to learn you enjoyed various elements of our resort and the services. I am sorry to hear about your mother's fall and I do hope she has recovered well. I apologise for the shortfalls in service you experience and rest assured they have been looked into. We do strive to meet all our guest needs however in this instance we did not meet your expectations.

Since your last visit we have recently launched our new restaurant - Salt tapas by Luke Mangan, which has been receiving positive reviews. Also, many of our villas have been refreshed and this program of our continues.

Thanks again JBrown411. I hope your past experience will not bring prevent you from giving Sentosa Seminyak another opportunity.

Resort Manager

Been to Peppers Sentosa? Share your experiences!