“Tropical Oasis; Quiet, Relaxed and Gorgeous” 5 of 5 stars

You added Sun Island Villas & Spa to your Saves list
Sun Island Villas & Spa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Seminyak 188, Seminyak, Bali, Indonesia   |
Ranked #30 of 117 Hotels in Seminyak
“Tropical Oasis; Quiet, Relaxed and Gorgeous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

This hotel has it ALL: the villa we had with private pool was gorgeous had a kitchen so you could prepare meals, a beautiful private pool with a nice waterfall feature. Our bedroom doors opened right up to the pool which was perfect. You could almost roll out of bed in the morning into the pool. I would happily move to my villa and live there full time - I enjoyed it that much.

Walking towards the room was stunning as there are a number of luscious plants (labelled) lining the walkway. It almost feels like you're walking through botanical gardens.

There's also a larger pool nearby the restaurant with double loungers as well as single loungers. There are some books on offer to loan as well which I thought was a really nice touch. It's easy to spend hours by the pool. My private pool didn't get much sun during the day because it is quite sheltered, but the main pool was drenched in sun. So there are options depending on what you prefer.

The staff were very friendly, whenever I walked past them they would smile and greet me, no matter if they were in the middle of something. I know Balinese staff are known for being friendly, but I felt SO warmly welcomed here.

I had a minor problem with my room and it was dealt with immediately which was really appreciated!

It is also noteworthy to mention that I decided to have one of the spa treatments at the spa and it was one of the best treatments I have ever had. I had a Balinese massage, facial and body scrub and it was divine, as well as excellent value. My partner couldn't believe how soft my skin was afterwards.

We also were so relaxed in the hotel we didn't leave and ate in the restaurant. While the portions were somewhat small, they were very delicious. Buffet breakfast was really yummy and I liked being able to order my eggs how I wanted them. I also enjoyed the afternoon tea by the pool.

The location is really great, a few minutes walk from ATMs, shops, the Bitang supermarket which is REALLY cheap.

This is the perfect place if you want a romantic escape, want to relax and spend quality time with your family or want to pamper yourself. I can't fault this place and look forward to returning when I'm next in Bali. Excellent value for money and you really feel like you've stumbled into a piece of paradise here.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
SunIslandS, Public Relations Manager at Sun Island Villas & Spa, responded to this review, October 12, 2014
Dearest Izy,

Greetings from Sun Island Boutique Villas & Spa!

Thank you for posting such an insightful review of your stay in August. I am sure other travelers will have better picture of what to expect when staying with us from reading your post. Your kind word has been passed along our team members who were thrilled to know that you spent a fantastic time. Thank you for sharing the detail of your stay: from our villa, pools, spa treatments to our helpful and attentive staff. We are certainly looking forward to welcoming you back!

All the best,

Agnes Herdiasti, PR Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

We stayed at the Sun Island Villas for 5 nights and wish we could have stayed more. When we arrived we were given a free upgrade to the deluxe pool villa. The room was great but after the first night we asked to be changed back to the original pool villa room that we had booked as the upgraded room's TV was not in the bedroom. We would have to be the first people in the world to request a downgrade. Both of the villas were beautiful and clean with the pool villa's pool being only slightly smaller. The villas are very private and the staff are great! We ordered breakfast to our room the first couple of nights but ended up choosing to go to the restaurant after that as we felt we were wasting food. The breakfast is cooked to order which is a nice touch that you would only get at a boutique hotel. The location for us was perfect as it was very central to everything. Double 6 beach is only a short stroll away and the likes of Eat Street and Jalan Pettitenget are only a little further, but in the other direction. We do enjoy walking though. The staff were fantastic and we loved the personal touches that they put into everything. I would definitely recommend this accommodation to any couple wanting a relaxed, private and romantic getaway.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
SunIslandS, Public Relations Manager at Sun Island Villas & Spa, responded to this review, October 10, 2014
Dear Ellatheethnickid,

Greetings from Sun Island Boutique Villas & Spa!

First of all, we'd like to thank you for choosing to stay in one of our villas. We truly appreciate your positive review. We are delighted to know that you had an amazing getaway and that you loved most aspects from your stay, from our breakfast and personalized service of our staff. Your kind word has been shared among our team members who will continue to serve with a happy smile. It was pleasant to know that your getaway was well spent, and that you loved to stroll and explore the area. We are all hoping that you plan another romantic getaway at your home-away-from home in the near future.

Warmest regards,

Darwin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

Have walked past the entrance to Sun Island many times and finally my inquisitive nature got the better of me.
Delightful self-contained villas with own plunge pool just 100m from Bintang Supermarket. We stayed in the Deluxe Pool Villa and was a pleasant surprise for the money paid (under $150AU).
Absolutely no street noise where we were and I don't think any of the villas would get much noise as we walked the property at night and was quiet everywhere. Not a great amount of sun on the private plunge pools but water not to cold.
Enjoyed the main pool area and found food at the restaurant and the pleasantness of the staff to be well above average. All staff went out of their way to assist and were one of the big plus points to Sun Island.
Villas themselves although showing small signs of wear and tear were great and a good size. The bathroom setup was interesting with options of Indoor or Outdoor shower and a bath. Bed was comfortable for us and like others have said the towel designs you are greeted with each day are fantastic.
Location is a great plus as has immediate access to transport, shopping and a great variety of restaurants and warungs.
All in all I believe Sun Island offers great value for money and a good choice if you like accommodation that gives you a bit of space, is handy to everything but is still quiet and feels like a piece of Bali.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Jakarta, Indonesia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

Spend 3 nights in a one bedroom villa, the hotel is centrally located in seminyak area, nice
Place if you came here for shopping, where you can easily find supermarket, restaurant, night club and shopping area all within walking distance. The staff were friendly, you can say that they represents Indonesian hospitality which is known for the warm and friendly manner. the staff in the restaurant including the chef were very supportived, cooked my baby meals during our stay there and make my life easier.. unfortunately all this does not support with great facilities and cleanliness, the villa floor were often dirty and sometime they forgot to throw the garbage, the laundry ruinned some of my clothes and leaves stains on my son clothes, the kitchen appliances needs to be replaced with the new one with better quality, and the staff needs to be trained so they can be more responsive in every situation in order to make the guest more comfort. My son was throwing cereal in villa floor, i called the reception and asked her to call the cleaning service to clean up, but no one coming, in the meantime another staff were coming to the villa sent me the laundry and still do nothing bout it, even tho we'll be checking out that day, it's still few hours away, anc we're still there, so yeah it' s a bit dissapointing, also they need to put sign for evacuation shelter in case there's tsunami or earthquake.

Room Tip: Room 24 in the corner, right in front of the restaurant and pool
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
SunIslandS, General Manager at Sun Island Villas & Spa, responded to this review, September 13, 2014
Dear Bapak Judea T,

Greetings from Sun Island Boutique Villas & Spa!

I trust this message finds you and your family well and in good spirits. First of all, on behalf of the management, I would like to extend our appreciation for staying with us and bringing up your concern to my attention. Your feedback is important for us, and in our constant effort to give our guests an indulging stay, we will use it as reference to better improve us. Thank you for saying kind word on my dedicated team members; I am pleased to learn from you that they had been supportive, especially when assisting you with your little one. I apologize for the small incident regarding the spilled cereal. Our Housekeeping team has been made aware of your comment and will better anticipate our guest requests in the future. In response to your note on our floor, please kindly be informed that our dark tiles use materials that easily absorb moist, such as foot prints, and sometimes they look dirty even when we have done high standard cleaning. However, I will make sure with my team to pay closer attention to details in all areas of our service. We are sincerely hoping that you will plan another getaway with us at some point in the future.

My regards to your family!

Ismullah, General Manager
toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

I enjoyed my trip here. The staff were highly helpful and did a great job overall. The villa itself is quite nice although a little run-down. The pool for the villa is a smaller plunge pool - even for the 2 bedroom villa which is where we stayed. The hotel is located centrally within walking distance from lots of shops and restaurants. The only real problem we experienced during our stay at this resort were mosquitoes. We had tons at night!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Wollongong, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

From the moment you arrive you are warmly welcomed to this beautiful property. The staff are an absolute joy with their care and attention. It is such a pleasure to return here over and over again. The gardens and villas are beautifully maintained each villa has it's own plunge pool and there is a large communal pool for the complex. The location is excellent in an extensive shopping area close to the Bintang Supermarket and numerous facilities yet the property is tranquil, restful and quiet.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

We stayed in a 1 bedroom pool villa (villa 24) and were impressed!!
Every day we were greeted by passing staff and were impressed with the fact that the bar staff made an effort to learn our names! The front staff in the office were so helpful and friendly and would always make an effort to engage in conversation as we walked to and from our villa.

PROS:
-Bed was big and very comfortable
-Shower and toilet facilities were big and always kept to a clean standard
-Animal designs left on our bed every morning were a pleasant and entertaining gesture
-Every night staff would come and prepare our rooms (spray for mosquitos, close blinds, pull back sheets)
-Staff were beyond friendly and helpful
-Breakfast was simple but nice
-Security staff assisted to cross the busy road and to flag a metered taxi when needed
-Had the 3hr spa package, staff were very professional and the experience was very relaxing

CONS (if we have to be critical):
-Villa pool was not situated in the sun at any time throughout our stay therefore it was never used
-Communal pool was clean and big enough all though there are a lot of trees surrounding therefore only certain times of the day it was in the sun
-Wifi in the villa was not the best but that is not what we were here for anyway!

If you are looking for a small scale, romantic place to stay.. We recommend and will definitely return! Thank you Sun Island for making our holiday memorable.

Stayed July 2014
SunIslandS, Public Relations Manager at Sun Island Villas & Spa, responded to this review, August 28, 2014
Dear Tania B,

Greetings from Sun Island Boutique Villas & Spa!

First of all, thank you for choosing to stay in one of our villas. We highly appreciate your time posting an insightful review of your stay. We are happy to learn that you had an overall satisfying stay despite a few notes you mentioned. Please rest assured our team will strive to make every stay indulging. Thank you for giving such motivational comments on our dedicated staff, also for saying kind word on our bed, breakfast, spa and other facilities and amenities. Our team is looking forward to your return!

Regards,

Agnes Herdiasti, PR Manager

Been to Sun Island Villas & Spa? Share your experiences!