“The roar of the ocean awaits.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Double-Six Luxury Hotel Seminyak

You added Double-Six Luxury Hotel Seminyak to your Saves list
Double-Six Luxury Hotel Seminyak
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   No. 66, Double Six Beach, Seminyak, Bali 80361, Indonesia   |
Ranked #9 of 107 Hotels in Seminyak
Gold Coast, Australia
“The roar of the ocean awaits.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2014 via mobile

We travel to Bali several times a year and have stayed in many luxury hotels and private villas. This time we decided to stay at the new Double Six resort. We are thoroughly enjoying the experience. I would highly recommend to try this place.

• Stayed August 2014
DheerajBagai, Manager at Double-Six Luxury Hotel Seminyak, responded to this review, September 6, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for such fantastic feedback! On behalf of the team, please accept our sincerest thanks for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor.

It is such a delight to read that you enjoyed everything that Double-Six Luxury Hotel has to offer and specially our food..

I am happy to have made your holidays a memorable one, and look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in Bali for another amazing holidays.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Indonesian first
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2014

My husband and I have just returned from a 10 night stay at this wonderful hotel. We originally booked 7 nights, then extended our stay. From check-in to check-out our stay went superbly, the staff at this hotel are all highly trained and speak perfect english, which made our stay hassle free. We were fortunate enough to get an upgrade upon arrival and our room was outstanding overlooking the beautiful pool and the ocean. The service is second to none, from the convenience of checking-in in the comfort of your own room, with a fabulous cocktail and the choice of a vodka shot or not from your personal 24hr butler. The amenities are absolute luxury in the bathroom (Hermes, Paris), as are the choice of teas (TWG) being one of my favourites, mini bar (including mini bottles of Patron (another favourite), speaker for your iPhone, mood lighting under the bed and around the walls, inside and out on the large balcony, just to name a few. The rooms are serviced twice a day and are immaculate, water replenished without having to ask, extra water by your bed at night...every little thing has been thought of, even down to the designer made to measure staff uniforms, which were so elegant and trendy...love the "Converse" sneakers the butlers and management wore with their trendy suits and the elegant very high-heeled shoes the receptionists wore, the wait staff with their denim and high-tops and the pool staff in their pretty blue dresses...every little detail so perfect.

The Italian restaurant is absolutely amazing for lunch or dinner, so authentic, poolside snacks great as well as the cocktails and array of choice of wines at very reasonable prices. The huge rooftop bar also opened during our stay, which is a fabulous asset especially at sunset. We took advantage of the one hour massage and I also indulged in a scrub at the hotel Spa, which is a "must do"...again the staff at the spa were amazing, as were the products, which made us feel very special.

I could go on and on about this hotel as there are so many wonderful things to say, but I would like to put more emphasis on the service we received which, being in the accommodation/hospitality industry, is what exceeded our expectations. One evening we were celebrating our friends' birthdays who were staying in different hotels down the road and we asked if we could invite them to our room for pre-dinner drinks and before we knew it, ice buckets and a tray of champagne and wine glasses were brought to our room in readiness, nothing was too much trouble.

It wouldn't be a true review, if I didn't mention one thing that would not suit every traveller, being the music from the adjacent beach bars, which can be quite loud and conflicting at times. Personally we are used to this having frequented Seminyak on many occasions and this is quite a normal occurrence beach front being a lively buzzing area. So if you are looking to retire before 10pm, this may not be the ideal location.

On closing, we would like to express our sincere thanks to all the staff and personally to Ericson the head butler for arranging any special requests, transport etc. when ever we needed it at short notice. Mulia for making sure we had everything on time at breakfast (forgot to mention the amazing breakfasts all cooked to order no waiting in line or self serve and a huge selection...coffee anyway you want it, just perfect)...best breakfast in Bali. Craig for putting up with our noisy tables in the Italian restaurant (we ate there several times during our stay with friends and alone - best spaghetti Vongole) and most of all our deepest thanks extend to Dheeraj, the Hotel Manager, for making our stay at Double-Six so very special, ensuring that our every needs were met and for personally greeting me on departure to say goodbye, a very nice touch indeed.

We can't wait to return to this luxury hotel and could not recommend it highly enough. A big thank you from two very happy guests. J & J, Margaret River, WA

Room Tip: All the rooms would be good, we were on the third floor.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
DheerajBagai, Manager at Double-Six Luxury Hotel Seminyak, responded to this review, August 29, 2014
Dear Guest,

It was with the greatest of pleasure that I read out your review at a recent Managers Daily Briefing. Shortly afterwards, I spoke with Ericson, Craig & Mulia and they were delighted to hear your comments and have asked me to pass on their thanks.

Chef and his team were also pleased to see that you thoroughly enjoyed the high standard of cuisine we offer and specially our breakfast..

We very much hope to see you back at Double-Six Luxury Hotel, Seminyak for another amazing holidays and it was pleasure to meet both of you during your recent stay with us.

Bunbury, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

What an amazing hotel. Hotel doesn't seem good enough for the Double-Six Luxury Hotel.We recently stayed here for eight days and cannot speak highly enough about our stay.The suites were awesome ,from the massive bath to the king size bed, from beautiful linen to extreme comfort all round. Top this off with your own butler service-Hello Mr Ericson-and you feel so very special The reception staff were always there to help in any way ,24 hours a day. Always with a smile. The menu was extensive ,from truffles, 64 degree eggs to pastries and fruit.If you love Italian food this is the place for you. The staff everywhere got to know us by name and welcomed us where ever we were.We really felt so special.You must try their tiramusu,it's heavenly.There are also loads of alternative eating places within walking distance.The views from our room were absolutely wonderful as we sat on the comfortable chairs on our balcony and watched the sunset over the ocean. Best swimming pool also, as it seems to run for miles.This hotel is a definite 5 star in every way. Thank you Mr. Dheenaj for managing such a top holiday place for people to come to and go home feeling amazing.Love to come back and enjoy all this again . Joy and Tony Whysall

Room Tip: Ask for one overlooking beach.
Dear Guest,

You made our day and thank you for showing trust in our hospitality!

Many Many Thanks for such fantastic feedback! On behalf of the team, please accept our sincerest thanks for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor.

It was pleasure meeting you during your stay with us..

It is such a delight to read that you enjoyed everything that Double-Six Luxury Hotel has to offer.

Melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2014

Hi fellow travellers, we have booked a stay at Double-Six for 10 days next June-July and have received confirmation. However, we have been asked to fax back a payment authorisation form and a photocopy of our passports and credit card details. I have tried to fax these a dozen times now, but to no avail! I am pretty sure I have the fax number correct : 0011 62 361 731144 but someone also advised use 0015 for faxes. If any of who could help me I would surely appreciate it. It sounds like an amazing place and I just want to be sure I have completed all the essential paperwork!

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Double-Six Luxury hotel, Seminyak for your upcoming visit to Bali and showing trust in our hospitality...

With regards to the fax number, you can fax your documents on +62361730518 or at the same time you can email us on reservation@double-six.com..

Please let us know if you have any specific preferences as well and i shall go ahead and make the arrangement accordingly..

Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

2014 was our 6th year to Bali and we have stayed at the same place every year. Watching the Double Six in Seminyak being built and come together was exciting and something told us when it was finished we must stay there.

MAGNIFICENT just isn’t enough to describe our stay at the Double Six! From the moment my daughter and I arrived we were greeting by the Double Six friendly staff, warm and very welcoming. We were taken to our room and there he was ‘our own butler’ waiting with chilled champagne and refresher towels. An absolute pleasure walking in to our room, it was so inviting, the first thing I noticed was the fresh flowers, those extra touches make you feel special and not to mention the fresh fruit bowl, which was replenished every day.

Breakfast was the best we have had since coming to Bali and I must admit not having to go to a buffet, we were thrilled (and lazy). We have experienced many fine dining restaurants in Bali and the Double Six Restaurant certainly delivers on all levels.

The location is perfect, the view of the beach from the pool area, spectacular. You can hear the beach come alive at sunset. Everything is conveniently within walking distance.

The professional and friendly manner of the staff made everything a breeze. Our flight home was a late one, upon requesting a late checkout we were immediately accommodated.

Special thanks to Ary Noertanto who was so efficient in replying to my emails and to Dheeraj for your professionalism, warm smile and making us feel special.

Thank you again Double Six and I can’t wait to see you all again in June 2015 at the Roof Top Bar! Your slogan ‘Living it, loving it’ yes it certainly is.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

You made our day and we can't either wait to welcome you back!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

OMG I thought I had died and gone to heaven. We had two fab weeks at this hotel and I cannot praise it enough. The staff went out of their way to help and would especially thank Dheeraj, the manager,Erickson, Nita and anastasia, they made our holiday perfect. Hope to return next year.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your lovely Tripadvisor review and all of us at Double-Six Luxury Hotel, Seminyak were so pleased to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us.

It was lovely meeting you during your stay with us..

Nita, Erickson & Anastasia has also asked me to pass on their thanks for picking them out as performing so well.

We very much hope to see you again whenever your travel brings you back to Bali for another amazing holidays..

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

You know the feeling when you first sit in a new car - the smell of the upholstery and the leather steering wheel and how the seats feel firm and the windows are sparkling clean. This was how it felt when we first stepped into our new, and upgraded accomodation at Double Six. Because the place had only been open for a matter of weeks, we were lucky enough to be given a better room than the one we had originally booked.
We were up on the third floor overlooking the ocean and just high enough to get a good view of the neverending pool below and the antics of the novice surfers riding the waves out in front of us.
Our bathroom was bigger than our double garage.. or so it felt and the rainforest shower was so good I thought I could hear a scarlet Macaw squawking at a double wattled Cassowary.
Each day a different local bird or animal was fashioned out of our fresh bath towels and left on our bed, a present from the hotel's happy cleaning staff, who seemed to smile all the time.
Even when we ventured down past the reception area for our meals, we were treated likely royalty with all of the staff saying hello and wishing us a nice day. We almost knew what it felt like to be Brad and Angelina, but without the autographs.
The food was to die for - forget buffets. Breakfasts were cooked as you ordered them with fresh intredients and delivered to you again by even fresher and more attractive, ever smiling Balinese staff. Because of the Italian restauranteurs from Australia who looked after the food, everything was fresh and perfect. Even the bacon and the cheeses were imported and protected in a thermostatically controlled room.
I can normally eat a large meal, but the evening meals were bigger and better than I had ever experienced. I genuinely couldn't finish them. Suffice to say I was well and truly satisfied. I'm just sorry it had to end and so soon. We will certainly be back and I will be knocking on the door of Double Six for another great deal. They treated us so well last time, I'm sure they thought we were Rhonda and Ketut!

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean facing room rather than an ocean view room if you get the opportunity.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
DheerajBagai, Manager at Double-Six Luxury Hotel Seminyak, responded to this review, August 22, 2014
Dear Guest,

What a day to start with while i share your experience with all my team members here at Double-Six Luxury Hotel and they all are delighted to read this..

I personally enjoyed reading your thoughts and can not thank you enough for sharing such a pleasant review.

We are always graciously happy to hear of our guest's great experiences. We hope that we will have the pleasure to have you back soon for another royal holidays..

Hotel Manager

Been to Double-Six Luxury Hotel Seminyak? Share your experiences!