“What a great find” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #11 of 305 Restaurants in Seminyak
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Seafood, International, Wine Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The newest addition to Seminyak's hub of wining and dining, URCHIN - Grill & Raw Bar offers a modern Australian style of seafood and more!
Manama, Bahrain
“What a great find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

Loved love loved it... Food contemporary French with a Bali twist that really does satisfy people that enjoy good food for a very reasonable price... My pomegranate ginger champagne cocktail went down a treat... Unfortunately I dined alone that night but was made to feel very welcomed by the French manager and his charming staff ... Highly recommended !

Visited August 2014

• Indonesian first
Tabanan, Indonesia
“Real treat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

The place is nicely designed with open kitchen concept. We were seated in a bar next to work table and we could watch all the dishes being prepared which were quite a show for us.
I ordered urchin with caviar for my appetizer and it was very small in portion, was expecting more.
My main was crispy skinned sea bass which was beautifully presented and tasted real good. The dessert was a mix of crushed ice with strawberry syrup, longan and vanilla sorbet, very good.

The service was a bit slow but we enjoyed the place and the food so much we wouldn't mind.

allyreeves
“Wanted to like it more”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

This is a beautiful restaurant, with the kitchen in the middle of the restaurant so you can see what is happening - I loved this. The service was fantastic and the head chef very personable and spent time talking to people in the restaurant. I really wanted to like the food more than I did, but something was missing for me. The starters were nice and well presented, however it was the main courses where we were left unimpressed. I ordered the special of the day which was a whole snapper and my partner had another fish dish. Both lacked flavour and the texture of the snapper was strange. As such, neither of us finished our main courses which is very unlike us. It could be that we were unlucky as there were other people in the restaurant whilst we were there who seemed much more impressed than us. However, overall we had much better dinners in other restaurants we visited in Bali.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Singapore
“Absolutely brilliant -”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014 via mobile

Bali really has some quality restaurants, and Urchin is up there with the best I have had. It was so good for the dinner I had, that we went to check out their lunch too the following week - they just started lunch too.

It's a nice place at Colony Hotel, and they make some excellent fish. Snapper was phenomenal, I enjoyed the carpaccio wrapped in the cone very very much too.

Lunch was equally fantastic: they had a pretty good bruch/lunch type menu. The slow cooked egg with asparagus was fantastic. I spent the same as I would in any other lunch spots in Bali - so it was totally worth it !

The chef is apparently a top drawer chef in Sydney. So quality food at a quality place from a top quality chef for an absolute steal.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cairo, Egypt
“Well I can give it a 5 over 10 ”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

The chef and assist were ok but food we ordered 2 types one was good the roasted red sniper but sure u never will feel ok as its a very small the disg looks nix3 but it can feed a 2 years old as its really small with the other order w as wifes grilled fish but it was odd favor and no favorings at all while our kids for poor they r there orders were not enough to feed a small cat hehe, well after and when we finished we had to order again at our hotel.new dinner so advise eat well befor u reach resturant !!!