Well I have to say when I first booked my Bali trip via a travel agency the first thing we did was check this site for reviews. This place is listed twice and this one actually has the better reviews, the last one an exception!
So we booked hesitantly and hoped for the best. There were three of us ladies and our main aim of our week away was to relax and unwind. We booked into a Deluxe Pool Villa and were not disappointed! It was your very own mini house with your own pool! The two bedrooms opened up onto a lovely outdoor entertaining/kitchenette type area and this where we spent most of our time. Or by the poolside or on the lounge which was out of the sun. It was very clean and yes admittedly a bit older and a few chips of paint had come off here and there but all in all it was well kept and very comfortable.
The breakfast is your standard buffet action but the staff are so very friendly greeting everyone and getting to know their guests which was very pleasant.
We used our dinner vouchers for the balinese buffet and dancing night and had a great time and the food was delicious, we got to know the Chef by his lovely smile.
Each day the cleaners would come in and change the sheets and clean up! Then next would the gardner to keep the garden tidy and then in the evening the "mozzie men" as we nicknamed them would come in to spray for mozzies, put on the mozzie coils and shut the doors etc. The only time the Mozzie Men didn't come was when were out of the Villa.
I found this Estate to be the perfect spot, just off the main road but 2 minute walk via a nice series of "gangs" - lane ways to the main street where everything was on hand including Bintang Supermarket where we stocked up on supplies.
The beach is about 20 minutes walk away or you can get the shuttle bus there or catch a cab, all are very easy options. The surf was a bit scary so i only swam in our villa pool but it was great to have a massage on Seminyak beach with the sound of the surf in your ears.
I have never been compelled to write a review online but after reading such bad reviews prior to my trip I felt compelled to share just how wonderful this place is.
People seem to dislike the lagoon rooms, it is obvious on the website and in the brochures that these are the basic entry rooms! They are all together in a communal complex and are very basic, there is nothing hidden about that! The cool thing about these rooms are that you can open your door and slide into the pool, I found this rather novel myself.
Also the day spa on site is fantastic and there is another pool there which everyone is able to use and is a bit more private than the lagoon pool mentioned above.
The villa itself was very secure with a lot of security posts with security guards at them. In fact the whole of Seminyak felt rather safe.
Lastly, we could not fault the staff and customer service at all! We would call for something and within minutes our doorbell to the villa would be ringing and they would be there with whatever we had requested.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Seminyak Estate And Spa
- Villa Seminyak Estate Hotel
- Villa Seminyak Estate Hotel Seminyak
- Villa Seminyak Estate & Spa Bali
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villas Bali: Villa Seminyak Estate & Spa awaits you with a combination of traditional and Luxury private pool villas with private swimming pools, is the perfect group or family villa, Honeymoon, Holidays, and vacation choice for a memorable get together with friends or for your family holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Otel and Venere so you can book your Villa Seminyak Estate & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.