“Amazing food and atmosphere!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #49 of 292 Restaurants in Seminyak
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Mexican
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Chara Restaurant, has a mix of Mexican and Caribbean fusion food. We offer a full Mexican food menu such as Fajitas, Tacos, Nachos, Burritos and more we also are the only restaurant serving Caribbean food located in the heart of Seminyak. The chef's recommendation is Fish tacos, The Jerk Chicken or the Chicken Enchiladas...
Bali, Indonesia
“Amazing food and atmosphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Hi folks! I´ve been already several times to Chara since I discovered it. 10 thumbs up!! The food is awesome and the location is very calm. Far less traffic there (compared to the busy roads where you get always almost run over by taxis when trying to get to the restaurant.). I love the sweet potato fritters as appetizer, e.g. the Vegetarian Pita as main and as dessert the baked apple crumble or the chocolate mousse! I`m also really excited by the coconut smoothie. They obviously have some kind of special recipe for it, i haven´t had that taste yet.
Further big plus: you don`t breath in clouds of exhaust gas before reaching the restaurant, you can park right in front of it.
Conclusion: Always again!

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Bangkok, Thailand
“Awesome food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

I went here for a late lunch and ordered the mahi-mahi which was absolutely delicious! The flavor was excellent and it was well cooked. The staff was very friendly and the restaurant itself was comfortable and had cute decor. The price was excellent as well and was a great value for the quality!

• Visited June 2014
Usa, Japan
“The Best Kept Secret in Seminyak!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

Staying in Seminyak and tired of the same old restaurants on "eat street", my husband and I ventured one block over to a new restaurant called Chara next to BliBli Villas. The decor is so different from anything in Seminyak, very Caribbean, open and colorful. From the moment we walked in until we left all of the staff were very accommodating and literally "at your service". The food - oh my goodness - the food was wonderful! The taste, the variety, the eye appeal were way beyond anything we were expecting. Loved the Mahi Mahi; coconut shrimp; wings, the sweet potatoe fritters (appetizer); the salads were fresh and dressings delicious. Everything is made from scratch, no preservatives, which was a big plus for me. Drinks and desserts (try the creme brulee and the decadent chocolate mousse!) were amazing. Must save room for a dessert! We were so impressed during our stay we returned to Chara a number of times, never disappointed. A must try restaurant!

Berlin, Germany
“Great food and great prices!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

My boyfriend and I love eating out in seminyak and chara was our new brilliant discovery.
The food is mouth-watering and tastes great. We ordered the coconut smoothie (which is the best i ever tasted in bali). For appetizer I had the little sweet potatoes (which is another amazing treat) and my boyfriend had the caribbean salad (the souce is a must try).
Although I'm a vegetarian and my bf is not, we did not have any trouble to order at chara. (trust me, some restaurants will throw in chicken or seefood, even though u ask for vegetarian / no meat). We could order almost everything on the menu that they could adapt to my diet. I can def. recommend the pasta and also burritos... and I'll probably be able to recommend some more as the time goes by, cause I'm def. coming back soon. :)

Sydney, Australia
“Must Try!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

I have just discovered a newly opened Caribbean restaurant, Chara, on Jalan Braban which runs parallel to 'eat street'. I just happened to be scootering past and stopped as they were promoting a free beer/drink with a main meal and as I was hungry and thirsty I thought why not give it a try. I have never had Caribbean food before so I didn’t really know what to expect. The decor was colourful and the food was sensational. I had the Caribbean Glazed Chicken Wings and the Blackened Tuna plus my free juice. I was so impressed with the food & value that I went back the following night with my friend. We shared the Coco Loco Shrimp (after the first bite I was shattered that I had to share) as a starter and then I had the Grilled Mahi Mahi topped with Tropical Salsa, yum. My friend had the Colombo Beef Curry, I had a spoonful & it was spicy and tasty. I must say I could eat the chicken wings and the shrimp every day of the week. The owner told me that they are going to be adding sandwiches to the menu so I might have to go back. I have to give this place a big thumbs up and say it is a must try.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere