“Seminyak's secret” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 107 Hotels in Seminyak
Singapore, Singapore
“Seminyak's secret”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2010

Stayed in a one-bedroom villa on 17-20 November 2010. This was my second stay at this property. A friend recommended this villa to me in 2009 when we were there to attend the wedding of our best friend. While most of the wedding party were staying at The Elysian, my friend selected this property because it is close to the wedding venue at Kudeta and cost a fraction of the price that the rest paid for their accommodation at The Elysian. Though there is a great difference in terms of style and sophisication as compared to the high-end resort, there is no lack of comfort, privacy, amenities and courtesies from the staff in this property. The property is well located to get to many good restaurants along Jalan Laksamana. Our favourites are Mykonos (Greek) and Kuni's (Japanese).

There are plenty of taxis that you can hail along the main road, which is 2 minutes walk from the main gate. Taxis run by the meter and are very cheap way of commuting to the beaches and some of the best restaurants in Seminyak/Oberoi area. Our taxi fare to Oberoi beach which is about 2.5km away cost only USD1!!!

The driveway leading to the entrance of the villa has plants and palm trees on both sides that makes you feel like you are entering an oasis the moment you step off the dusty and sometimes congested Jalan Laksamana. There is a resident dog by the name of Obi who greets you everytime you enter or leave the villa compound. To those who are afraid of dog, not to worry, Obi, a golden retreiver, is very tame and obedient and is always on restrain.

We had a one-bedroom villa for this visit, comprising a nice private pool, a foyer with comfortable sitting area, dining area and a kitchen, a very comfortable bedroom covered with high quality bed linen and an ensuite bathroom with 2 wash basins, a huge tub that 2 adults can fit in comfortably and a standing shower area.

When I stayed in the 2 bedroom villa during my visit in 2009, I found that the water from the tap had a funny smell of the sewage. However, this time round in a different villa, I did't have that problem with the water from the tap. They must have either fix the problem with a filter or the problem is isolated only to the particluar villa.

The only minor grouse I have is that there aren't enough hangers to hang clothes in the closet.

In any case, this has become my favourite place to stay in Bali and I am booking for a return visit in March 2011!!!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2010

We have just returned from a 3-night stay in this wonderful private villa in Seminyak, Bali. Location wise, it is off the busy and fashionable street of Jln Laksamana but was very quiet within the villa compounds. I would estimate the villa was about 1 km from the Seminyak beach but the 10-15 min walk to and from the beach was fun checking out the boutiques, cafes and other shops along the way.

The villa has a private pool in a very romantic setting offering total privacy to its occupants. It came with a kitchen too (which we never had to use because of the good, varied and affordable cuisines at cafes just outside, in addition to what the villa served). One could virtually spend the whole day within the villa lazing around whether outdoors or indoors, sun-bathing, taking a dip in the pool, having a meal, reading or even watching a movie (the villa offers dvd for free). Unfortunately we didn't have enough days to be doing so because of our planned activities outside.

The villa comes with daily breakfast and afternoon tea, which you can enjoy by the poolside. The breakfast was sumptuous with more than 9 pickings to choose from. They were served by the staff who were always joyful and polite and making us more than welcome. Our only grouse was that they changed our bath towels daily even though we had indicated we would want to re-use.

All in all, it had been top value for the very affordable rental rates they charged. I would come back anytime when I am visiting Bali again.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2010

I have stayed with Heliconia (Two storey villa) thru the recommendation from my friend. The first day when we arrive our flight is delayed by 45mins and reached the villas around 10pm, but the staff still gave us a very warm welcome.

Heliconia is located along a stretch of resturants and pubs however it will not be as bustling as Nusa Dua but still able to satisfy your nightlife in Bali. I'm really very happy with their clean and spacious rooms but the only small problem is the water fountain outisde the room it seems to be faulty and it just wouldnt switch off thus its very disturbing and noisy at night.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Johor Bahru
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2010

My last destination hotel in Bali. It is amazing when I arrive at the hotel since before entering the hotel territory, i feel I am selecting wrong place since the street is very noisy and I really worry I can't get a good rest here.

But after i enter the room, I find that I was wrong, the place is very quiet when compare to the street and the place make me very relax.

The super market is nearby and we can prepare the food at the kitchen easily I feel that we make the right choice since after 6 day trip at Bali, we really need a place where we can rest and recharge.

The only things that we hope that the hotel can be improve is the kitchen cleanliness since the cupboard in the kitchen is make us uncomfortable since is quite smelly.

We are enjoy that the facility provided and will consider to stay here again for my next trip to Bali.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2010

THE SECRET IS OUT!
If i could keep this to myself I would,but that would be selfish of me.
My wife and I stayed in a tropical oasis with a lush green entrance lined with endless Haliconia flowers. As you walked down the long entrance you are greeted with the happiest and welcoming smiles of the dedicated staff and booked in without hesitation.
Seriasih ( Sri ) the Villa Manager welcomes you assuring you that at all times you total privacy is assured and you will not be disturbed unless you require assistance.
We followed our lugagge to an arched doorway and led into the most perfect Two Story one Bedroom Villa with a separate outdoor Kitchen with a full fridge including mini bar if you had the need to prepare your own meals. The outdoor area has a Lap Pool with waterfall and a great alfresco dining and seating area together with daybed and ceiling fan. The Bedroom is comfortable with a Kingsize Four Poster Bed , is well airconditioned
and has a internal fish pond with fontain. The Bathroom is indoor/outdoor and is a feature or the Villa with its Ying & Yang stone work on the floor.
Our room was made up daily at a time requested to suit ourselves and our bed was turned down when we retuned from Dinner to our delite. Also moscito coils were lit nightly. These small details made us feel very spoilt. Breakfast was a choice of 18 and was served on the Alfresco Area at a time to suit us and was alway execellent. Every afternoon we were served afternoon tea on our Alfresco Area and indugent is the word that comes to mind. Sri and her outstanding staff made a 9 day trip to Bali an un forgetable experiance with there attention to detail. We will definatly be back and will always recommend Heliconia Villas Semiyak. Gavin & Jackie

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Malmo, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2010

My boyfriend and I decided on a trip to Bali as part of our longer stay in Singapore. We were hoping for some sun, surf and relaxation.

We spent quite some time trying to find the best possible place for us in Seminyak (we quickly narrowed it down as it seemed to have a decent surfing beach, and plenty to do in the evenings), but had quite a lot of trouble deciphering various maps and location descriptions. If you're looking for somewhere on the beach, then Heliconia IS NOT for you. We didn't mind the walk too much, but did end up taking a taxi (very cheap, I think it was around 1 GBP) to the beach a few times because of the heat. On the other hand, you have lots of lovely restaurants and shops at a stone's throw. We really liked Cafe Bali for lazy lunches - be patient, though :)

Heliconia itself was gorgeous. We loved having a private pool, and after the craziness of Seminyak (lots of mopeds and SUVs racing down the narrow road) it was a true oasis. The breakfasts were lovely; we mainly stuck to the banana pancakes. YUM! And the service was great. The only downside was the rather loud aircon unit, which made it hard to fall asleep. And a shame that it wasn't as close to the beach as we'd hoped!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2010

Stayed at Heliconia Villas for 3 nights and found our villa clean and value for money. Breakfast and Afternoon tea were served daily in our villa. We stayed in a one bedroom pool villa which was very private but spacious enough not too feel cramped. The location was only a 10 to 15 min walk to the beach which made for exploring Bali fun. Eat street was at the end of the drive way which made for many choices of restaurants.
The staff and dogs (Edward and Obi) were all friendly and polite and extremely trust worthy as we often left camera equipment and computers lying around without locking them up everytime we left the villas.
A very peaceful and relaxing stay.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Heliconia Villas? Share your experiences!