“We'll be back” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 295 Specialty lodging in Seminyak
vaucluse sydney
“We'll be back”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2009

We stayed in Villa 12, which is one of the 12 classic villas comprising this small unique property.
My husband and I had a great Bali experience and I couldn't have wished for more at this clean, well run haven of luxury and quiet style. The staff were courteous, gentle and always prepared to go that extra mile to make sure our stay was special. We'll be back.

• Liked — Each villa has a private pool and delightful garden - beautiful indoor/outdoor living
  • Disliked — Slightly off the main drag - but that was also an attraction at the same time.
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

241 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Perth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2009

This really is a great villa in Seminyak. We stayed there at the beginning and end of a recent 2 week trip to Bali, and negotiatied a reasonable price a few days before arriving.

What sets this villa apart from many others in Seminyak (and I have visited more than a dozen when planning an overseas birthday get together) is the terrific generosity of space and established gardens in each villa - everything feels cool and green in a way that sometimes is missing in newer villas.

One reviewer wrote about "hippies and the 70s" but it's far from accurate. Certainly like many places in Bali there are a few spots where water has marked or the paint is peeling, but it's very minor and you have to look hard.

Bathrooms and living areas are very well designed. The breakfasts were better than usual. Service was faultless. Including on my last night where we had just returned from a Bali wide road trip and I asked one of the staff whether he could help me locate some ote-ote or tahu isi for a snack. He promptly got on a motorbike and returned with the goodies. The lad wouldn't even accept a tip. It was a terrific conclusion to a great 2 week trip through Bali.

There only non-breakfast meal I had at Villa Kubu was on arrival where ordered a soto ayam (a bit of a testing benchmark for me) it wasn't anything special so we didn't eat in again.

It's a well located villa only a 3 minute walk through the local narrow lanes to the Bintang Supermarket on Jln Raya Seminyak.

Highly recommended.

• Liked — Space and greenery
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with friends
singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2009

We have a wonderful holiday. The staff are fantastic and all made us feel very welcome. ALL staff at Villa Kubu were fantastic and they really made huge efforts to make us feel special. Our day was more than we could have imagined, so thank you for that, the kids, Joey and Jills likes Putu the house keeping very much.. and we was felt so happy during our holiday in Kubu. Your Villa is great, clean and orderly. The breakfast was delicious too.. I like kubu's Nassi Goren like crazy :)

Kubu... keep your good efforts for all of services. Thank you for a beautiful Villa. and making me enjoy and felt this is the best holiday that I ever had

• Liked — Friendly Staffs, Clean and tidy villas
  • Disliked — all perfect
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
HK
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2009

We traveled to Bali in a large group of friends and family and all stayed at Kubu in various different villas. My family were unfortunate enough to be allocated to villa 16 which was simply a disgrace compared to the other villas. It was dirty, smelly, old and tired, with none of the style or character you would expect from a balinese villa, and bore no resemblance at all to the photos on the website, nor was it comparable in quality or comfort to the other villas our friends stayed in. We were extremely disappointed and I would certainly never return to Kubu as a result.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2008

The Villa Kubu is like a sweet home for me.
I've been there minimum once in a two months during last year.
Yeah, it's one of the best places in Bali to stay.
Hospitality, friendly atmosphere, completely facilities, good & silence location - all that is the best for me.
Promise, I'll be back.
Oleg, Moscow, Russia

• Liked — The charm of rest
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled solo
Ubud, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2008

I’ve been staying at Villa Kubu on and off for the last 2 years. I have only had wonderful experiences with the staff. They are so friendly and helpful……just like family.

The villas are all different so it feels like an up-market authentic village, safe and cozy.

I love it that I have complete privacy if I want or complete pampering with spa treatments, room service and butler service. Its always a pleasure to stay here.

in overall the beds are of excellent quality, same mattras as the four seasons is using.

i would rate this as one of the hidden treasures of seminyak,
staff is absolutely dedicated to your service.

• Liked — the staff
  • Disliked — internet could be faster
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2008

Our stay at Villa Kubu was pleasant.
Just a little hipcup that the jacuzzi in the bathroom had ants nest. I guess no one had used it in their stay because their pool had jacuzzi too.
I had massage there and it was excellent. Love it!
The food was great and they really served from the kitchen in the villa.
To get out of the villa, just call the reception and they will get a taxi ready for you outside your villa. The same taxi stayed with us the whole time for our dinner at Jimbaran and sent us back. We had a "drop off" at Carrefour to get some medication as my hubby was not well.
However, if you want to walk on your own, just be careful. The neighbourhood were either more villas or residential. It's not as convenient as to walk out on your own. Hire a taxi to be safe.

• Liked — The serenity and privacy of the villa
  • Disliked — The location which was not walkable out to place of shopping/interest.
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Villa Kubu - Seminyak? Share your experiences!