“Just what I needed!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Taman Ayu

Save Saved
You added The Taman Ayu to your Saves list
The Taman Ayu
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl Petitenget | Kerobokan, Seminyak, Bali 80361, Indonesia   |
Ranked #64 of 96 hotels in Seminyak
London, United Kingdom
“Just what I needed!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

I stayed at the Taman Ayu for 6 nights in June 2014. I got a great deal on the room which was standard but all I needed as I wasn't going to hang out in my room. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. They were working on the room next door which I could hear early in the morning. It might be worth asking when booking although I used it as motivation to get out of bed and explore. The pool is beautiful and worth getting there early to get a chair in the sun. I even used the gym (only once) but was nice that it was there.

The staff were all very helpful and friendly. I did send an email asking a few questions before I traveled and they were very quick to respond. Breakfast was included and I would call it average. It was nice to not have to worry about breakfast everyday though. I did hear they are trying to improve the menu.

All in all I would recommend staying here. It is a short walk to the beach and close to many shops and places to eat.

Cab tip: Make sure you only get in if they will put the meter on. I was taken once and very annoyed by this! They will try to scam you if you don't demand they use the meter. Blue Bird cabs is the preferred choice but make sure they use the meter. I arrived at the airport at midnight and got a cab on my own. I ended up paying around 400,000 Rupiah which I understand is high, but was my only option. It might be worth having the Taman Ayu set up your cab from the airport for you. They are also helpful in letting you know general cab fares.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
The Taman A, Operations Manager at The Taman Ayu, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
Dear DaciaLee14,

Thank you for staying at The Taman Ayu and taking your time to write a feedback regarding your stay,
We are delighted to know that you enjoyed our Pool and pool bar and Gym facilities,
you were happy with the friendliness and assistance of the staff as it is what we great pride on.

Refer to the breakfast are average, We apologies that our breakfast didn’t meet with your expectation and we will rectify immediately by improve our menu.

We look forward to serve you again at The Taman Ayu in near future.

131 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
bournemouth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for 16 days while visiting my son in bali. The hotel is traditional style and so tranquil it's just fabulous I stayed in one of the older rooms which will be better after a makeover, but for the price I was very happy. The best thing about this hotel has to be the staff who seem to be one happy family and they could not have done anymore to make me feel welcome. The location is great just a walk to the beach shops and restaurants I loved it and can't wait to go back.

• Stayed June 2014
The Taman A, Operations Manager at The Taman Ayu, responded to this review, June 28, 2014
Dear Matherrnature,

Warm greeting from The Taman Ayu!!!

Thank you for taking your time to share your experience stay at The Taman Ayu.
We are so very happy to know that you had fabulous stay and felt that The Taman Ayu is an excellence choice to stay.

The Taman Ayu is a Traditional Balinese style hotel with modern convenience in premium location of Jl Petitenget in tranquility of seminyak.

The Taman Ayu’s goal is providing a beautiful , serene hotel and gives guests a Truly Balinese Experience with personalized full service and including the great value of price.

Our Team are here looking forward to serve you again in your next trip to seminyak.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

Stayed a week here after reading other reviews. I stayed in Room 902 overlooking the pool. It was a large room and had separate bathroom/vanity room. As in some comments, the bathroom was a little dated, as was the dressing table in the main room. Also the bar fridge was frozen up. That is the end of anything negative. As for everything else, it was perfect. The service was exceptional as was the cleaning and facilities. Keeping in mind what I paid, The Taman Ayu was more than adequate. I you want something better then spend $120 + per night. If you want a great value place to stay, I would recommend Taman Ayu.
Location is quieter than other parts of Kuta and Legian which I found suited me as if I wanted hustle and bustle, it was only a short inexpensive taxi ride to central Seminyak or a little further to Legian. Will stay at Taman Ayu on my next trip for sure.

Room Tip: Rear rooms are quieter but room 902 or the one above it are perfect if you don't mind a little p...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
The Taman A, Operations Manager at The Taman Ayu, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Dear Ashdonhort,

Warm Greeting from The Taman Ayu !!!

Thank you for taking your time to write your feedback regarding your stay .We are delight to know that you were happy with the service rendered

The Taman Ayu is a traditional Balinese style hotel combines with modern convenience in a prime position of Jl Petitenget Seminyak

Through our tropical ambiance with peaceful atmosphere set in tranquility of Seminyak, on our warm personal service we provided a beautiful serene hotel and gives our guests a truly Balinese Experience with great value price.

We are appreciated for all the review and we take steps for every concerns

Refer to the bathroom and dressing table was a little dated. The hotel management are planning to renovating the room that you were stay in , but off course we need to take a breath after we completed our New Deluxe Wing . We are so Happy to gives our kind customer new accommodation options at our NEW DELUXE WING.

Regard for the bar fridge was frozen up , I am very disappointed that I know it after you left , if I know it earlier of course we will change the fridge . Now room #902 have new fridge.

All of the team are here at The Taman Ayu hope to serve you again in your next trip to Seminyak.

Sacramento, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

The rate for this hotel is pretty good for the size of the room that I got. It was a very big room and the bed was comfortable. It had a gym and a nice size pool. And included free breakfast , which was very good. I would definitely stay there again. The staff are quite nice and accomodating. And excellent location.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
TAC99, Operations Manager at The Taman Ayu, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Dear Veronicaindonesia,

Thank you for taking your time to share your review. We are so delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay.

Taman Ayu is a Balinese style hotel combines with modern convenience in premium of Jl Petitenget Seminyak. We offer good ranges accommodations from budget Superior right up to the private villas at suitable price with compliment of daily breakfast.

Our Large deep pool including Kid’s pool and pool bar just been complete renovated. We offer more sun lounges , indulge yourself after a cool dip in our refreshing pool.

We complemented our kind guests new professional gym equipment at our open air fitness center.

Our Friendly and helpful staff are here waiting to serve you again .

Melbourne
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

Just had 6 days at taman ayu & renovations & new apartments are a draw card to this traditional style hotel. This is first of 2 trips there in 2014. A lot of changes to improve hotel are very noticeable & staff as usual are great & always smiling ! Food good & room service was prompt - thanks one more time to rasti & see you in September !

Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
TAC99, Operations Manager at The Taman Ayu, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
Dear Sue G

Thank you for taking your time to write your feedback on tripadvisor. We are so very happy to know that you had a great time with us.

You right Sue, Our Large relaxing pool and new deluxe accommodation wing just recently complete, It is with elegance designed combined modern facilities with traditional elements. Inside of that Our spacious garden setting that gives guests a feeling of seclusion and tranquility. With 24 hours room service daily definitely make your stay are memorable.
We are so delighted to gives our kind guests new improvement.

All the staff are here looking forward to serve you again in your next trip to The Taman Ayu Seminyak next September.

Made Rasniti(Rasti)
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

Hello to Rasti and all the lovely staff at Taman Ayu Cottages

This was our 1st stay and most certainly not our last, we spent 10 lovely nts at this quiet out of the way hotel
Taman is full of charactor and warmth to the lovely welcome and Balinese frontage to lush green gardens with fish and Easter Bunnies during the Easter holidays.
Our room was clean and a good size and our bed was VERY comfy we slept well.
The Aircon was great and Tv fine, our fridge was a little old but it worked fine, the bathroom was quirky with plenty of clean towels, sheets and water provided.
We couldn't fault the cleanliness.
The pool was amazing, clean and sparkling, relaxing pool lounges and funky music in the background.
maybe a few more pool towels would be good as we had to use the room towels at times, the gym was well equipted and clean.
The food was excellent and very well priced, as were my FAV Watermelon Juices round the pool.
We couldn't of asked for a better place to stay for the price.....
We will see you all again
Tania

Room Tip: We had a superior room facing the garden which was nice, we will like to try the poolside room or ne...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
TAC99, Operations Manager at The Taman Ayu, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Dear Tania Whitfield,

Thank you for taking your time to share your experience stay with us. We are delight to know that you had pleasant experience stay with us.

Taman Ayu Cottage is a Balinese style hotel. Through our tropical ambiance with peaceful atmosphere set in tranquility of Seminyak, on our personal service we provided a beautiful serene hotel and gives our guests a truly Balinese Experience with very suitable price .

Our Relaxing pool and pool bar has been tolaly renovated we now offering more sun lounges with a larger pool-side patio. Enjoy your time at the pool while you enjoy our friendly pool side meals with fresh Young coconut water or other favorite drink and snack from our pool bar.

We also adding more pool towel for our kind customer, our Pool Bar attendant will be happy to assist you if you wish to use the pool towel.

Our Friendly and helpful team are here to waiting for serve you again at Taman Ayu Cottage.

New Delhi, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

The location is great.. the staff is helpful and speak english.. the restaurant serves good food.. the bar next to the pool is a great plus point.. rooms are a bit old and so are the washrooms.. kinda give an eerie yet old school feel.. The hotel will also arrange for cabs for your sight seeing but do try to re-negotiate the price.. they sometimes do agree.. overall a pleasant experience and that too for a great price.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool facing room if it interests you.. we had a garden facing one.. but that was fine too...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
TAC99, Operations Manager at The Taman Ayu, responded to this review, April 20, 2014
Dear Tarika C

Thank you for taking your time to write your feedback regarding your stay, We are so happy to know that you had pleasant experience stay with us.

Taman Ayu Cottage is a Balinese style hotel in the prime position in the heart of seminyak, We offer comfortable rooms situated in the lush tropical garden with suitable price. Our Restaurant right in the front of our hotel on Jl Petitenget with 24 /7 room service will serve your food and beverages.

Our Large swimming pool with pool bar and sun lounges area just been totally renovating. is a perfect choice for our customer which is want to spend their quite and relaxing time at the hotel to enjoy our friendly pool side meals with fresh Young coconut water, Ice Beer and other beverages service. Or indulge in a relaxing pool side massage after a cool dip in our large refreshing pool.

Refer to “Rooms are a bit old and so are the washrooms” Taman Ayu delight to present our “NEW WING with 12 Deluxe rooms” will be coming very soon . We are very Happy to give our kind customer more room options. And the room that you were stay will be our next renovating program.

Our friendly and helpful staff will serve you to accommodate your need to experience a pleasure stay with us.

Operations Manager

Been to The Taman Ayu? Share your experiences!