I stayed at the Taman Ayu for 6 nights in June 2014. I got a great deal on the room which was standard but all I needed as I wasn't going to hang out in my room. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. They were working on the room next door which I could hear early in the morning. It might be worth asking when booking although I used it as motivation to get out of bed and explore. The pool is beautiful and worth getting there early to get a chair in the sun. I even used the gym (only once) but was nice that it was there.
The staff were all very helpful and friendly. I did send an email asking a few questions before I traveled and they were very quick to respond. Breakfast was included and I would call it average. It was nice to not have to worry about breakfast everyday though. I did hear they are trying to improve the menu.
All in all I would recommend staying here. It is a short walk to the beach and close to many shops and places to eat.
Cab tip: Make sure you only get in if they will put the meter on. I was taken once and very annoyed by this! They will try to scam you if you don't demand they use the meter. Blue Bird cabs is the preferred choice but make sure they use the meter. I arrived at the airport at midnight and got a cab on my own. I ended up paying around 400,000 Rupiah which I understand is high, but was my only option. It might be worth having the Taman Ayu set up your cab from the airport for you. They are also helpful in letting you know general cab fares.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to The Taman Ayu Seminyak A Premium Location , with Privacy, Excellent Value & Full Service. A true Bali experience awaits at Taman Ayu in Seminyak. With full service hotel combines traditional elements with all modern conveniences. Everything that has to offer is at your doorstep. The best restaurant precinct, fashion shopping and an array of glorious sunset bars, are all within easy reach. Inside this premium location is a spacious garden setting that gives guests a feeling of seclusion and tranquility. With various options from our superior rooms right up to our spacious private villas, we are sure to have something to suit your needs. Welcome to the real Seminyak and The Taman Ayu. New for 2014: Come and enjoy our expanded main pool & new deluxe accommodation wing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your The Taman Ayu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Taman Ayu Cottage Hotel Seminyak
- Taman Ayu Cottage Kuta
- The Taman Ayu Bali/Seminyak