“great hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Taman Ayu

Save Saved
You added The Taman Ayu to your Saves list
The Taman Ayu
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl Petitenget | Kerobokan, Seminyak, Bali 80361, Indonesia   |
Ranked #66 of 94 hotels in Seminyak
Bandung, Indonesia
“great hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

me and my family recently stayed in Taman Ayu Cottage. We stayed at the Two Bed Rooms Villa. It was great and beyond our expectation. The Villa was great, with private pool, private kitchen, dining table,sofa, CD player, DVD player in each rooms. The bed rooms and bath rooms are huge, with shower and large bath tub.

The hotel rooms located far from noise, so that we could rest very well.

Yes there are a lot of mosquito due to surrounded by the garden. But we could wear a mosquito repellent. It works!

All staffs are friendly and helpfull.

Room Tip: There are 2 types of rooms we may choose, Villa type or a Hotel rooms type.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

129 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I recently stayed at the Taman Ayu after many years of staying in Legian. This hotel is fantastic. The room , food, pool everything was perfect. The staff are fantastic..always happy ......

I can only recommend this hotel and is a great budget hotel away from the hustle and bustle of Kuta.

Anthony

Room Tip: Superior rooms are good value.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

we stayed there for 3 nights, it's not bad at all, but too far from the beach plus the roads are not kept therefore almost too dangerous to walk on. nice pool bar there and gym wasn't so bad either. rooms were spacious and the bathroom too but a bit dull and could do with refurbishment.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Queenstown, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

Was our first time to Bali and we chose this hotel because still close to the airport but not in the middle of the noicy Kuta, a bit away... Price was in our budget as well, and looked really green, which we like it. We stayed 3 nights and was ok. Room is not the best, but got what we needed and for what we paid was great! Nice pool and garden area. Staff was REALLY FRIENDLY, helping us with all our questions and even making booking for us always with a good and fair price! We had only breakfast at the Restaurant, and I didn't enjoyed, but my partner didn't mind and ate for both of us! In general, it's a good place to stay, especially because of the staff!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
St. Petersburg, Russia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

It was my first visit to the Bali and moreover it was a honeymoon (Oct-2010).
I'm glad to say that staying in the hotel have made this holiday unforgettable.
We have rented deluxe and I was awaiting spacious room but that time I couldn't imagine that the room would be SO big =). It was a room on the second floor with view to the garden.
I shall admit that the furniture and some other elements didn't look brand new but that was a trifle.
We are not very demanding travelers so the hotel service looked perfect for us as everyday breakfast too.
The only disadvantage for me was a location of the hotel. It's loacted far enough from the center of Kuta so we had to take taxi to the center everyday. But to our luck local taxi was cheap enough. Also you can rent a scooter and solve the issue.
I would recommend the hotel for anyone who looks for a nice shelter for a night and spend the day away.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Melbourne
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

I stayed at Taman Ayu for 3 nights in July 12. I was a solo traveller and stayed in a superior room. I hardly slept the whole time I was there and couldn't wait to pack my bags and move to another hotel.
Superior rooms are tired and dated. Bed linen was yellow and scratchy - not white. Rooms weren't overly clean and my adaptor kept falling out of the wall socket when plugged in as they wiring was so dodgy. Also there is an in room air freshener that is timed to spray at intervals of every 10 or 15 mins. This kept me awake all night and I had to ask for it to be removed from my room. Linen and towels were poor quality and there is no in room safe.
I definately would not recommend this unless you were on a strict budget. Location however is fantastic and cant be faulted.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Melbourne Australian
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2012

I just returned from a wonderful stay at Taman Ayu cottage. The deluxe room has a beautiful bathroom a big bed and great air con. The staff at Taman Ayu are fantastic and on call 24/7! I recommend using a driver they have called Agusto- can speak great English and knows a lot of beautiful places.
Taman ayu is a 10 minute walk from seminyak square which has a Sunday market and fantastic restaurants.
Have stayed there 3 times and will definitely go back!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

Been to The Taman Ayu? Share your experiences!