“7/10” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Taman Ayu

You added The Taman Ayu to your Saves list
The Taman Ayu
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl Petitenget | Kerobokan, Seminyak, Bali 80361, Indonesia   |
Ranked #69 of 111 Hotels in Seminyak
Melbourne, Australia
“7/10”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2012

Had a Superior Room for seven nights over New Year. The room, dressing area and bathroom whilst old were large, with a nice balcony to sit overlooking great gardens. Step up bath had no overhead shower other than hand held hose. Bathroom mirror lighting was poor for shaving/makeup etc.This was my first time stay. Staff were very friendly. Would recommend.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Pacifica, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012

This is by far the worst hotel I've ever stayed. It's nothing like the website pictures - it might be photo shopped. My husband and I have booked the Superior room and our first impression was that we got the wrong room. It was very small, mold odor, saggy mattress and so on….It was when I found a nasty object (that I cannot even describe it) on the soap cap that I’ve decided to go to the reception and inquired the staff to change our room. They gave another room, which we paid a little more and I thought for a moment that it would be better….gosh, how wrong I was! I couldn’t sleep – awful mattress and stinky mold sheet (which is grey and not white - so old it is). Also, dirty and old bathtub, rusty toothbrush/cup holder, crap furniture….just look at my pictures. And not only that the staff is so rude and they charged as the second night, we couldn’t stay there longer as we’ve planned – what a nightmare. Even our Balinese drive said the staff was rude and he had the mistake of not telling us that he knew some tourists who also had left the hotel as we did… Check the pictures…

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Koper, Slovenia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2012

Although I was disappointed over Bali, the hotel choice, however, proved to be perfect. The rooms are clean, air conditioned, clean them regularly every day, every day fresh linen and towels every day bottles fresh water per person. Staff very friendly, helpful. Reception and restaurant rain 24 hours .. I like the peace in the surroundings of the hotel, although the front is quite a busy street, so to get a taxi is no problem. Price of taxi to Kuta is approximately 50,000 IRP to the taximeter. The beach is approx 10 min walk from the hotel.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2012

This was the second time I have been to Bali. I had a friend that lives in Bali booked me this room. I thought the located was great! Although the place was full to capacity it was not noisy and didn't feel packed with people. The bar restaurant is 24 hours and served reasonable food and fair prices. The pool was a quiet oasis and never seemed crowded. The room was spacious and clean with all amenities. The balcony was a nice plus also. I will definitely stay at Taman Ayu again when I visit Bali!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

It was my second time in Taman Ayu (Seminyak) and this time was a big big disappointment. I've been in Taman Ayu 2 years ago and I'd a great experience there. We were 3 people and we got a family cottage. It was great, everything was brand new and beautiful.
This time, I booked by internet and the room assigned was really really bad. Everything was old and crap, the forniture was broken, the mattress awful, the towels instead of white were grey, the bathtube was dirty, the bath curtain moldy...for the price I payed I could get a better accomodation in Seminyak or Kuta. Definitely it was a bad value for money and I will never go back Taman Ayu.
Suggestion: Do not book Taman Ayu by internet and check the room before doing check in. Family Cottages and Villas are nice but not Deluxe or Superior Rooms.
Sorry about my english :)

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Broome, Western Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2011

Wife and myself plus our four kids enjoyed this place; it was quiet, had the minimum required - pleasant staff, pool, ok breakfast, adequate room service, clean. We knew we were on to something when we met several different families/couples/singles who were repeat stayers.

Probably the best element of Taman Ayu was the room size - enormous compared to similarly priced other places.

Second best element was the location - you could head north to any number of restaurants/warungs up towards Kerobokan, or head into the much busier Seminyak eat-street area. We had some truly memorable family meals at an Italian restaurant, but also, up on Batu Belig, at a little noodle 66, with the most delightful views.

Taman Ayu hires scooters at reasonable rates and I headed over to Denpasar a few times, down into Kuta, as well as going exploring up the coast to the north.

Clay tennis court not too far away. Good spa, hairdresser, ATM short walk. Biku, famous for high tea, 250m walk but you need to book; Ku De Tah - 1km taksi or walk it.

In short, nothing special, but everything it should have been :)

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2011

we booked this villa for only a day to give us a place to stay before a late flight out. The photos in the brochure are definitely very deceiving and out one bedroom villa was not what was advertised! The room was dark, dirty, the airconditioning was not powerful enough to cool the room and the bathroom was not clean. The courtyard to our villa was dirt not grass and the outdoor cooking area covered in cobwebs.

The pool was badly in need of renovation and to get to the pool bar you had to climb out up over a huge ledge! We ended up spending our day elsewhere and only using the room to have a quick shower before leaving.

Would not recommend this place at all when there are so many nice villas nearby!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends

Been to The Taman Ayu? Share your experiences!