“Lovely!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Desamuda Village

Save Saved
You added Desamuda Village to your Saves list
Desamuda Village
3.5 of 5 Villa   |   Jalan Raya Basangkasa No 30A | Seminyak - Kuta, Seminyak, Kuta, Bali 80361, Indonesia   |
Perth, Australia
“Lovely!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

As a first time visitor to Bali, but a long time traveller to a fairly diverse number of places, Desamuda Village for what it represents was a great choice for accomodation. Check in was fast and friendly with the ubiquitous juice on arrival. All of the staff, including back of house and maintenance staff were all extremely freindly and welcoming. As is typical (as I have come to learn) for the Balinese, our 10 month old daughter was a huge hit and the staff would whisk her away from us at every breakfast to cuddle and play with her, which was great for sneaking in some food for mum and dad in peace. I cannot speak highly enough of the friendliness of the Desamuda staff.

Despite the complex being close to 15 years old, the private pool villa we had booked was clean and extremely well maintained, with beautiful air-conditioning (necessary in the steamy wet season) for the bedroom.

My wife and I selected this place based on recommendations from TripAdvisor, and I am happy that we did. I would also be happy to recommend to anyone else that a holiday here would be money well spent.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

194 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

I was recommended Desamuda by a friend. The ONLY negativity I can point out is the lobby area and entrance. It is on one of the main streets of Seminyak and you need to keep an eye out for the sign before actually noticing where the villa is. The lobby area could be better but it's something I can't complain about. They're currently refurnishing one side of the villa so it will only get better - this didn't distract my stay. Very quiet construction I must say. The rooms/villa itself was AMAZING. Absolutely jaw dropping when I walked in. It has an outside bathroom, private pool, kitchen and the bedroom was fab also. Every time we went out my partner and I could not wait to go back. Service was fantastic, room was cleaned every day. I would stay here again next time I'm in Bali, no doubt. The people are lovely. hey also provide free shuttle bus to wherever you want to go. Location is quite good. Restaurants are everywhere and if you continue walking down the street you will hit a few market stores. Closer to the villa are actual clothing stores. Thank you Desamuda, you've made my trip extremely enjoyable. Will 110% recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a private pool, this will make your stay!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I booked Desamuda after much research and had really high expectations. I was not disappointed!!

We were picked up at the airport and check in took all of 2 minutes. We were upgraded from a 2brm pool Villa to a 3brm Villa with one room locked. The front of house staff were all amazing. Wonderful english, always smiling and nothing was ever too much hassle. We used the shuttle service most days which was very handy.

There are renovations happening, but they are extremely quiet, and all building works are closed off from view. If it weren't for the extra motorbikes out the front, you would often not be aware of the builders at all. A real credit to the management and builders that this is so unobtrusive to guests.

As others have mentioned, breakfast is sufficient, however we often requested extras that were not on the buffet (their pork bacon is yum!) and this was never a problem. Restaurant staff were wonderful.

The gardens were lovely and well maintained. There are 2 large resort pools which were both lovely.

The 3brm villa we had was wonderful. Rooms were huge and the airconditioning cold! Bathrooms were lovely. Once you were in the complex there was absolutely no sound from the busy road Desamuda is located on. The Villa was cleaned daily by a team of cleaners who were quiet and efficient, and as always, smiling and helpful!

Overall we had an amazing stay at Desamuda. While the Villas and grounds were all beautiful, the true star of Desamuda is without doubt the wonderful staff.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Perth Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

We arrived well before normal check in but we were made most welcome. Were advised that some renovations were under way near our allotted villa so they had upgraded us to a deluxe villa with pool - was that OK?? It was wonderful. Quiet, clean, well serviced. Had a minor problem with the shower which was attended to within minutes.

All the staff are very friendly and helpful. They have a free shuttle to anywhere in the seminyak area which we used a couple of times.

Breakfast was more than enough with freshly cooked foods and a good array of sides. We had their signature dish of rijstaffel (rice table) for late lunch - a very nice mix of cuisines.

All up another great choice thanks to TA members. Will definitely come here again.

Room Tip: we had room 24 right at the back of the complex. Go for the deluxe villa if you can afford it
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

We had a one bedroom villa with private pool. The villa was great especially for couple. Very clean and well maintained. I like the location as it was very convenient to walk out for food and shopping. It is also very quiet. Breakfast is average but sufficient. Can't expect a 5 star buffet breakfast when it is a small establishment. I would come back again.

• Stayed October 2012
Melbourne, Victoria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

I was so grateful for the multitudes of reviews about this and many other properties. Desamuda Village seemed to have almost completely positive reviews, so I was confident to book it, if a little nervous having never actually seen it.
We weren't disappointed - at all. My husband and I were travelling alone and our Deluxe 1 bedroom villa had everything we could wish for - quiet, privacy, luxury, beauty.
The inclusive breakfast could have been improved, but we ate there every morning - it was so convenient!
We availed ourselves of the driver on one occasion, a second request had no cars available they said, but taxis are everywhere and REALLY cheap (min price 20,000 IDR ($2 AUD) so it's really no big deal to grab one.
I had an in-house massage and it was excellent.
The street the villas are located on is really nice for shopping and eating, as all the reviews said. It's about an 8 minute walk to Bintang Square where the Supermarket is located.
A tip - buy your grog from the bottle shop a few doors before the Bintang Supermarket - Australian wine is not badly priced, much cheaper than the supermarket.
I would recommend this accommodation to families, couples, solos. A really beautiful place.

Singapore, null, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Very satisfied with the villa that we stayed in at Desamuda Village. Great location, in the heart of Seminyak. The staff are brilliant, beyond the standard service that I have experienced in many of other bigger hotels. Very personalized service in catering to our needs. My mother in law was sick, and they even made a traditional remedy to help her cough. Very pleasant stay indeed.. Topping all that, the restaurant serve delicious food. Being on F&B industry, I am impressed with how they put effort on their dishes. All Indonesian meals are very authentic, not only to Balinese flavour but from the best dishes from other province in Indonesia too. Thumbs up for the chef.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Desamuda Village? Share your experiences!