“Fantastic time” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Kunja Hotel

Save Saved
You added The Kunja Hotel to your Saves list
The Kunja Hotel
4.5 of 5 Boutique Hotel   |   Jalan Lebak Sari 8 Petitenget, Seminyak, Bali 80361, Indonesia   |
Ranked #2 of 94 hotels in Seminyak
“Fantastic time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

Had a fabulous time and staff were so friendly and helpful. They come in morning and cook breakfast. Can organize anything you could want and always with a smile that you only get in Bali. Fantastic. Can't wait to go back in the new year.

• Stayed November 2012

342 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

I am unable to comment on the Resort and it's accommodation until March 2013 which is when I am booked to stay in a 1 bedroom villa although going by the excellent customer service I have received to date I have no doubt that it too will be outstanding!

My partner and I are due to be married in March and I have spent the last month searching the Internet for a venue to host my dream chapel wedding. Having contacted almost every resort in Bali that offers chapel wedding packages I had given up on my dream...until I found The Kunja Resort that is.

All other resorts not only charged a ridiculously high starting price for their chapel weddings but then they added additional costs for everything...corkage fees for sourcing your own cake...corkage fees for a makeup artist to be allowed into the bridal preparation room, corkage fee for your own entertainment..photographer...it was never ending! The alternative was to book everything directly through the resort for which they were charging crazy money - for example I have found a very reputable hair and make up artist who comes highly recommended on trip advisor, she is charging me $150 for hair and makeup including a trial day prior to the wedding...the resorts wanted $450 and extra for a trial.

So, like I said I had given up hope of finding a chapel wedding package that wouldn't rip me off...until I discovered The Kunja Resort.

I stumbled across a photo of Kunja's beutiful white chapel on the Internet and quickly emailed the resort for prices though I didn't hold much hope, expecting to find them the same as everywhere else.

To my delight I learned that the prices of Kunja's wedding packages started at a much more modest price and I began communicating over details with Linda, Kunja's events manager.

Linda has been fantastic, answering my every question (and I have asked a lot!). Unlike the other resorts Kunja are allowing me to source my own photographer, hair and make up artist, etc, all with no 'corkage' charges.

Nothing is too much trouble for Linda and I have found her unbelievably accommodating.

I wanted something different from the available choices for my flower decoration-not a problem and no extra cost.

I wanted to have my wedding guests back to my villa for a private celebration-fine and again no extra cost.

I am pleasantly shocked just how accommodating they have been and I am fully looking forward to having my wedding here.

Thank you Linda and Kunja for making my dreams a reality at an affordable price!

Stayed March 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

I did go to the trouble of having a good look at this hotel, read the reviews and thought I had a good idea about it so booked 4 nights in a 1 bedroom pool villa. Well we think it's even better than the photos. It was beautiful, clean, well presented, great staff, a real little piece of your own private paradise. The location was great, a small walk away from places to eat and the beach, and some of the great places to drink and watch the sunset. And yes the road into the villas is a bit "lumpy", but so are a lot of roads that are not major, and it is part of what Bali has to offer. We loved having breakfast cooked by our own personal chef, at a time to suit us, and the selection and amount was more than enough. No it may not have been a 3 star Michelin, but we didnt expect it, but it was charming and special and a great way to start the day. We were there during a very hot week and the living area and unique bathroom are outdoors, which was a bit warm, but that's mother nature for you. All part of the experience. Our one little niggle, if you could call it that is some of the staff had very poor English, hopefully that will improve. We will definitely be back, we had a look at the 3 bedroom villa so we can bring our adult children, and that was very impressive. So thank you Kunja staff, it was great.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

We love The Kunja, we first went to the The Kunja with our 14mth girl and this villa was perfect.
The breakfast was superb, the hospitiality was beautiful and we never had one issue.
We decided to go back 2 years later with two children and again had the same experience as the first time but even better. Anything we asked they did, like put a pool fence and supplied pool toys for the kids.(The kids loved it) My 4 year old still talks about.
We found it was out of the hussle bussle but only 5 minutes drive from the heart of Seminyak.
We would totally recommend The Kunja for a family holiday. We are looking at going back again. Celeste

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Just arrived home today from the kunja. After searching for months to find a place to stay in Bali I went with Kunja and I'm so glad I did. The villa are amazing, pool is huge and it's very private. They come and make you breakfast every morning in your villa at a time that suits you and there was always enough food to feed an army. The staff are so beautiful and go out o here way to help you with any requests you have. The also come in to the villas in the afternoon and make you tea/ coffee and pancakes (bannana are the best) which is a lovely touch. They have a drop off service from 7am till 11pm I think are the times and one of their drivers will take you to kuta or anywhere in Seminyak for free. My parenter and I loved the location as it right next to Sarong ( rated best resturant in Seminyak and at must go to) and potatoe head and the w hotel but taxi are so cheap that it doesn't matter if you wanting to head out anywhere so 1 or 2 Aus dollars will pretty much get you anywhere in Seminyak.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Adelaide
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Kunja Villa is perfect for a family holiday. The villas are beautiful and the staff are so willing to please. Nothing is too much trouble. Whilst the villas arent in the heart of Seminyak it is only 5 mins drive and the villa organises this as a complimentary service at any time. They offer room service from lots of the great restaurants in the area and in house massage. The pool is beautiful and the villas very comfortable. It's so handy having a kitchen when you have kids also. Highly recommend.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

We had 6 nights at the kunja villa and it was exceptional. We have travelled extensively and have used trip advisor to gather information and reviews. This is the first time I have felt the need to write a review on trip advisor. We couldn't fault the kunja.
Wonderful staff and beautiful villas. Great size pool with privacy. Great position, not far to fantastic restaurants and shops. The service was second to none.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Kunja Hotel? Share your experiences!