“My 4th Stay at Ulin Villas....Keeps getting better!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Ulin Villas & Spa

You added The Ulin Villas & Spa to your Saves list
The Ulin Villas & Spa
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl. Merta Sari | P.O. Box 2062, Seminyak, Bali Kuta 80361, Indonesia   |
Offers & Announcements
$375 (USD)
Ranked #2 of 106 Hotels in Seminyak
San Diego
“My 4th Stay at Ulin Villas....Keeps getting better!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

Recently stayed for my fourth time in the past two years at Ulin Villas. Stayed this time for 15 nights in a two-bed villa. As in my prior three stays, my experience was superb! The management and service are first rate; professional, courteous, attentive, and always delivered with the classic Balinese charm. The location is ideal--close enough to the action (walking distance) yet the location of the villas set back from the main road creates a genuine sense of relaxation, privacy, and tranquility. The villas themselves are extremely nice: large, well appointed, clean, and so well designed. As i have stated in my other posts, i have been to Bali over 25 times and stayed in numerous villas across the Island. Considering all of that exposure, i have to say Ulin Villas is the best I have seen and the finest i have experienced. You will love this place...trust me!!!

Room Tip: I have stayed in each villa type (1, 2, and 3-bedroom villas) over the years. Each are of the same...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Wayan W, General Manager at The Ulin Villas & Spa, responded to this review, September 4, 2014
Dear "MaDePaul"

It is very rewarding to read your review and to know how much you loved your recent stay at THE ULIN VILLAS AND SPA.

My self and all team members were all very happy to welcome you back home on your 4th stay and already can not wait to welcome you back again next summer. I am pleased to hear all all team members looked after you well, courteous, professional, attentive and always deliver the sincere hospitality that is inimitably Bali.

We are excited and look forward to welcoming you back again next summer.

Corporate General Manager - KARANIYA EXPERIENCE

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

We have stayed here multiplied times now luv this place,luv the staff ,service is A+ , just behind rumours restaurant in seminyak walkin distant to Main Street and all our seminyak highly recommend especially with kids own pool the villas r beautiful out door bathrooms with big bath tubs

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Wayan W, General Manager at The Ulin Villas & Spa, responded to this review, August 22, 2014
Dear "Rosa G"

It is very rewarding to read your review and I am very happy to know you love THE ULIN VILLAS experience.

I pleased to read our team members looked after you well with how you described as A+ service that has been very helpful and friendly. THE ULIN VILLAS is indeed enjoyed a great location, just steps away to all the most sought after restaurants and the hips.

All of us at THE ULIN VILLAS look forward to welcoming you in the near future again.

singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

Hubby stayed here with our 14 month old daughter for 3 nights in August and were duly impressed! I highly recommend it for couples and families with small children. The staff really went out of their way to attend to our needs and made us feel comfortable.

Location was just a few minutes walk from the main shopping belt in Seminyak so its accessible to the shops and Seminyak Square, lots of eateries. but because its off a small road it is incredibly quiet. in fact, we felt that we were the only guests there ! even though it was 90% full. granted, we stayed in our villa most of the time but we could hardly hear any traffic or sounds from other guests… which was great considering each villa had a pool and the entire bathroom is outdoors.

The villa itself is very impressive and quite large by most standards. We stayed at Villa 6 which is midway through the long common corridor. There aren't any common facilities here, save for the spa, as the space is dedicated to the villas instead. The room itself was large , with 3 separate sections. one TV area, the bedroom and the dresser/ vanity area. The toilet, shower and bath were all outdoors. Very spacious. Beautifully appointed in nice Balinese style. We requested for a cot and it was all set up for us on arrival with its own mozzie net, pillow and bolsters too.

One thing I felt was unfortunate was the placement of the aircon for the bedroom itself as it was directly next to the bed and was very uncomfortable as it got very cold at night. the blanket was thick so that helped.

There is a separate pool deck area with sun chairs and a outdoor kitchen / dining area where we had our meals. the breakfast was cooked in villa (mainly eggs and toast only and the rest was prepared ahead) but that made it nice and warm when ti was ready . We could choose to have breakfast anytime and that was a nice touch. the kitchen itself was well equipped with a full sized fridge with freezer, blender, coffee maker, toaster, oven and cooker hob. We requested for a microwave to heat up food for our baby and that was placed in the villa for our entire stay. no charge. What i loved was the waster dispenser (think office water dispensers) which had hot, warm and cold water, which was so useful for us. ice cold water for adults after lazing in the sun and instant hot water for milk etc for our baby. I loved it. The pool was cold ! but i guess thats inevitable! There is another gazebo area just for 2 massage beds where we had our in villa massage which was skillful and relaxing. The welcome foot massage was also very rejuvenating and great after a flight.

As we have been to bali before, we mainly stayed in the villa most of the time and didn't go out much save for a few walks out for meals and a spot of shopping nearby. We had lots of in villa dining and practically tried everything from the menu. i would have to say that the food was decent but perhaps try the local dishes.

The villa has mozzies and that can't be helped.. but what impressed us was the lengths the villa went to address that issue. i feel the highlight and gem of the villa is really their staff. I can truly say that we do not have one comment/complaint with the service we received there during our stay (which was in stark contrast to our last bali experience in the W hotel which I also reviewed earlier). All the staff spoke good english and were so obliging to all our requests. Starting from arranging for the microwave and baby chair to be placed in the villa dining area (we did not request for a baby chair but they did it on their own initiative! which was so nice to see upon check in after a flight), and their efforts to spray the room and villa with insect repellent at any time upon request. We did this twice a day, once after breakfast and once at dusk. they would spray the room and reset the repellents and even left a can of spray just for us to use. they even offered to go to the nearby minimart to buy insect repellent for us if we ran out.

The service also extended to various members of the staff throughout our stay. For example, after we first checked in, we forgot to order our afternoon tea until after the "official time" at 5pm. I called to ask if it was included in the package and what time it ended. After telling us the info (it was 5.30pm) he offered to send it in to us even though the timing was over. promising to check if the food was still available or he would just send us something "simple". It was great. And when i mentioned in passing that my daughter was sleeping so i asked that they not press the door bell, this request was noted and they were always kind enough to ask use for the rest of our stay if it was ok to ring the door bell when they came for cleaning or any other service. That impressed me.

We also got the feeling that everyone was genuinely caring and friendly and of course great with the baby. The car to and from the airport was punctual and comfortable. the drivers were friendly and chatty and knowledgeable about Bali.

All in all, we really enjoyed our stay there and its definitely largely due to the excellent service and experience we received. highly recommended!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Wayan W, General Manager at The Ulin Villas & Spa, responded to this review, August 19, 2014
Dear "auntieadriene"

We were very happy to have you, your husband and daughter stayed at THE ULIN VILLAS AND SPA. We wish to thank you for taking your valued time to share a very detailed and comprehensive review.

My self and all team members are delighted to read that you loved the experience, the stay and that our little guest (your daughter) had a comfort stay too. Our team members are truly the true soul of our villas. I am pleased to know they looked after you well and always there genuinely to help, assist you with recommendations and went out their way to ensure you and your family had a great time.

Once again thank you very much for your review. We very much look forward to share the beautiful Bali has to offer and to welcome you again in the future to THE ULIN VILLAS AND SPA.

Basel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

Without any hesitation the Ulin Villas is one of our favorite small hotels in the world. Not just in terms of what it offers in terms of facilities but because of the outstanding service its team provides every day to every guest. If you haven't experienced it, you won't get the extent to which the team goes to make every guest feels special and welcome. From the airport pick-up to the drop off, we loved it. My husband, daughter and I were back in July for our second visit to the Ulin. It remains a superb place to relax and enjoy a holiday in Bali's otherwise buzzing Seminyak area.

I had reviewed the villas last year after our stay and several others have written about the villas, so will not go too much into the details. The villas are comfortable and clean. Extras such as the free BBQ evening and drop-offs to the surrounding areas are fabulous touches. Breakfast served in the villa is also a nice touch, though the number of options could be added to. But that's only a suggestion, not a complaint.

So, if your're headed to Bali and want to stay in Seminyak then it has to be Ulin. It is a special place with special people. We especially would love to thank Delima and Wira for their great hospitality.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Wayan W, General Manager at The Ulin Villas & Spa, responded to this review, August 9, 2014
Dear "ParagliderBasel"

Thank you very much for taking your valued time to share the experience you had at THE ULIN VILLAS AND SPA. My self and all team members were very happy having you stayed again with us on your second visit.

I am pleased to hear that THE ULIN VILLAS AND SPA has been one of your favorite small hotel, simply the best stay you ever had. We aim to deliver an exquisite experience with genuine care and sincere service, I am happy to know that you love the every minutes of your time right from the moment you were being picked up to the moment you depart. We sincere thank you for your suggestion to have more option on the breakfast.

Once again thank you very much for your review and all of us very much look forward to welcoming you to the island of Bali and THE ULIN VILLAS AND SPA.

Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

We started off our 2 week journey through Bali and Thailand at the Ulin Villas. It was an absolutely perfect way to begin our trip. The people at Ulin are some of the friendliest we've come in contact with. Starting our day with breakfast cooked in the villa at the outdoor kitchen was both a delicious experience and great way to start the day. The pool was a perfect way to relax in the comfort of our own space. The staff, amenities, villas and everything included at Ulin made us want to come back. Thank you for everything Ulin!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear "Justin W"

Thank you very much for sharing the experience you had from your most recent stay at THE ULIN VILLAS AND SPA

I am happy to read that your honeymoon has been very romantic, our team members has been very helpful and friendly, the handy location and the villa that was always clean. THE ULIN VILLAS AND SPA is luxury tropical romantic escapade in the heart vibrant Seminyak.

We all very much look forward to welcoming you back again soon in the near future.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

We had the best stay here at Ulin Villas & Spa. Food was excellent, service outstanding. No request was too much trouble. The 2 bedroom villa was fantastic, as a party of four staying there with our friends next door we had a lot of fun as well as a relaxing time. Perfectly situated for easy access to some of the best restaurants and bars in Seminyak. Highly recommended and we will most definitely be back. Special thanks to all your wonderful staff who made our stay one to remember.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Wayan W, General Manager at The Ulin Villas & Spa, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Dear "sallybur_11"

Thank you very much for taking your valued time to share your THE ULIN VILLAS AND SPA experience to the tripadvisor.com members.

I am very happy to hear that you and your friends had a relaxing getaway and enjoyed the every minutes of your holiday, the outstanding service, the excellent food, the perfect location that and the little extras that exceeded your expectations.

All of us at THE ULIN VILLAS AND SPA look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Staying at Ulin was a wonderful experience. We stayed in the 2 bedroom villa for 4 nights and found it lovely.
The staff were especially attentive and helpful and very willing to drive us to places on their shuttle.
The bedrooms were clean and there was extra care taken to prevent mosquitoes ensured we had no mosquitoes in the room (although if you turn the air-con off they come out at night).
The location is excellent, there are many good restaurants nearby and the Seminyak beach is only a 10 minute walk away. The famous Ku De Ta and Potato Head Beach Club are also very close by, and the drive to Kuta beach is roughly 15 minutes.
My parents and sister all enjoyed staying at the Ulin and we highly recommend it to anyone who is looking for a top quality villa with a private pool.

Although I loved Ulin, I would like to point out a few things that would make it even better:

- Stronger Wi-fi connection (it was very weak in our rooms at the villa and frequently disconnected)
- A variety of other asian options in the serve-in breakfast menu
- The hot water ran out once after we filled it for the tub. I don't know if it's because we used too much hot water at once? This was not an issue if we only took showers.
- The noise of the water draining from the pool was rather loud. I got used to it by the 2nd night but I am sensitive to noise I guess. This is just me being picky. My husband however, thought it was soothing to hear water falling at night.
- Sometimes my husband and sister would react to dust allergies in bed. This was not for every night though and even though I have allergies too I had no problems.

The above things are very small details though, and we still fully enjoyed our stay at the Ulin nonetheless. Thank you very much for the lovely stay!

Room Tip: Ask for the newly renovated rooms if available, I heard they are better.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear "Kaiki83"

We are very much honored to received such a positive review and it has been our pleasure having you stayed at THE ULIN VILLAS AND SPA.

I am delighted to note that you and your family had a lovely stay and enjoyed experience. Our team members are true heart and soul of THE ULIN VILLAS AND SPA, I am glad to read they were very attentive and helpful.

We very much look forward to the opportunity to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Corporate General Manager - KARANIYA EXPERIENCE

Been to The Ulin Villas & Spa? Share your experiences!