“Awesome place to stay and the spa! Oh my god!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Ulin Villas & Spa

You added The Ulin Villas & Spa to your Saves list
The Ulin Villas & Spa
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl. Merta Sari | P.O. Box 2062, Seminyak, Bali Kuta 80361, Indonesia   |
Special Rate
TripAdvisor DEAL-FREE BBQ
Ranked #3 of 107 Hotels in Seminyak
Brisbane, Australia
“Awesome place to stay and the spa! Oh my god!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

The accommodation is the best in town and the staff are absolutely great. Especially Wira the manager. She was so helpful and friendly. She made my first holiday overseas great. The villas are set out great. Perfect for a honeymoon or group holiday. When we come back to bali. This will be the only place I stay. Thank you to Wira and the staff at ulin villas who made my holiday awesome

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
winawan, General Manager at The Ulin Villas & Spa, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Dear “Brooke H”

I am happy to hear that you just had a wonderful holiday with us here at THE ULIN VILLAS AND SPA. It is a pleasure to read that you loved the services were sincerely presented by our dedicated team of staffs especially Ms. Wira. THE ULIN VILLAS AND SPA cleverly blend Balinese architecture, modern edges and jeweled by private pool. I am also happy you were pampered at our Spa. We aim to ensure our guest could make the most of their holiday and we are happy to go out beyond our way to make it happen. We are excited and very much look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Your sincerely,

Corporate General Manager – KARANIYA EXPERIENCE

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

I was a bit apprehensive when i booked this place online but i was in for a surprise when i got here. this place is terrific. the staff very polite and very prompt with their service. privacy received here was maximum and its just walking distance from all the party places in town. the hotel also has complimentary bus transfers to many places and therefore it makes it very easy for people to travel. Honeymoon goers.. this is the place you should be.

Room Tip: 1 room villas with pool for honeymoon couples the best place to be.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
winawan, General Manager at The Ulin Villas & Spa, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Dear “Punitkothari”

We wish to thank you for taking the time to write your review of your holiday with us. It was a pleasure having you with us on your honeymoon and I am pleased to read you talk so highly about the high level of service presented by our team members which made you feel very well taken-care of. I am very proud with them. Once again thank you very much for your review and we very much to welcoming you on your next stay with us.

Your sincerely,

Folsom, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I have traveled quite a bit around the world and have stayed in amazing places. This is one of the best ever. From the service to the location to the amenities. Private Dip pool? Breakfast cooked in your villa every morning? turndown service with candles lit everywhere? rose petal bath drawn on our first night? Outdoor shower and tub? Free bicycles to travel around town?

I could keep going forever. Amazing place.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear “djwells”

I am happy to read that your stay with us was the greatest experience ever. It was a pleasure having you (a seasoned savvy traveler) who have stayed in some of the most amazing places before. THE ULIN VILLAS AND SPA is a boutique villas and we aim to deliver personal attentive service, while allowing our guest to experience the luxury of being their self in a private villa style accommodation. We are excited and see you again on your future trip to Bali.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Wife and I stayed in a one bedroom villa here recently for 3 nights. Airport pickup was smooth. Our friendly driver Sudi, picked us up at the right time and gave us a Bali newbie's tutorial on both Bali and the hotel's services. We checked in and given a tour of our villa by one of the concierge's. I was actually amazed to find that the villa looked exactly like the photos.

The facilities are in excellent condition and very clean. The pool is quite large and excellent for swimming and playing. I swam every morning when I awoke and every evening before bed. The villa is completely surrounded by thick walls. I barely heard our neighbors (much less any street noise); I'm sure we were much louder than them. The place is so private that you could walk around in the buff without any risk of a neighbor seeing.

You can take the villa van to the beach or local points of interest. However, the beach is a short 10 minute walk from the villas. We only took the van on the first day, when we were taken to the hotel's recommended money changer (very legit, btw) and then to the beach entrance, which was to the side of KuDeTa. Afterwards we walked everywhere, including the beach and local restaurants. Some of the best restaurants in south Bali are just steps away.

Breakfast in the villas was excellent every day. You can schedule it for pretty much anytime you want. We even had "breakfast" at 11:30am one day after a late night. I highly recommend the breakfast burrito, which I had on the last day. The Eggs Benedict and Eggs Florentine were both good as well.

I cannot overemphasize how genuinely friendly all the staff were at Ulin Villas. They truly seemed to want to make you happy and comfortable with a minimum of hassle or stress. I've stayed in quite a few hotels all over the world, and can say that the staff here is the friendliest I have ever experienced.

Overall our experience was extremely relaxing and drained away a year's worth of stress in only a few days. If I had to nitpick about one thing, it was that I wished they came to clear the breakfast dishes more quickly. The birds tended to get into them. However, I'm sure if I had called the front desk they would have sent someone to come clear it immediately. Guess, I just didn't feel like calling.

Pro Tip 1: Call the front desk to clear breakfast dishes.
Pro Tip 2: If you turn left out of the front entrance to the Ulin Villas you will walk along a sidewalk-less road that eventually turns into Jl Petitenget and circles around into another area of good restaurants and bars. During the day it is kind of interesting with a few rice fields. However, at night I would avoid it as there are few lights and many vehicles.
Pro Tip 3: Go to Seminyak Beach for sunset at least once. Get there a bit early and you can lay in one of the numerous beach chairs. Pay no more than 50,000 rupiah for two chairs and a beach umbrella. Bintangs should be 25,000 or less. Modest tips are greatly appreciated.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear “Joseph M”

I am very happy to note that your most recent stay with us was simply one of the best. From the beginning of your stay to the beautiful tropical setting of the villa, the top notch service delivered by friendly staff members, the in villa breakfast, the small little touch and up to moment of your departure which were all together a totally indulging experience. We highly value your suggestions which we will immediately address. Thank you very much for sharing your review and we all look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Kind regards,

Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Our 3-generation family had a most blessed 4 night stay in Ulin Villas in July. We had originally booked a similar concept villa in Phuket but found that we had to pay extra on top of the already high room rate for extras like airport transfer. We were so glad when we found that Ulin threw in everything, from airport transfer, to complimentary mini-bar (how cool is this) to welcome foot massage, afternoon tea and an in villa BBQ dinner, for a lesser room rate. It was a value-packed offer that we could not resist.
What topped it all was their flexibility in accommodating a change in our room needs. One of our family members could not make it at the last minute because of an injury. When we enquired at checkin if we could switch to a 2 room villa from the 3 room villa we had booked, they were kind enough to allow us to stay on in the 3-room villa at the 2-room villa price, provided they closed one room, which we didn't mind at all when they could well have insisted that we still pay for the 3-room villa that we had committed to. That alone bought our goodwill.

This 3-bedroom villa (of which there are only 2) came with a good-sized pool that allowed one to do laps. The staff went out of the way to surround the pool with wooden barriers for the safety of the children in our group and peace of mind of the adults. It was such a luxury to be able to jump into the pool multiple times a day when we wanted a dip, to emerge to help ourselves to drinks from the mini-bar. In villa breakfast personally cooked by a chef every morning, from a very comprehensive breakfast menu was another plus point. And the BBQ dinner on the last evening blew our minds away when we returned to the villa from a day's outing to see it prettily decked out, with candlelights and flowers strewn all over the grass, to palm leaf hangings decorating the outdoor dining pavilion.

The enclosed outdoor toilet takes some getting used to, especially if you have to go in the middle of the night, but in a setting like Bali, it's the most natural thing to do.

A big thumbs-up for Ulin Villas and the folks there. We will return.

Room Tip: They are all good.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear “lilacfields”

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your recent experience staying at THE ULIN VILLAS AND SPA. We are pleased to know that you loved the relaxing ambient of our villas while still very close to dining venues, lifestyle boutique, beach and places of interest. It is also a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed the genuine attentive service from our team. We persistently improve to offer the best value to and deliver the most relaxing holidays to all of our guests. We are excited and look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Kind regards,

New Delhi, Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

The Villa vehicles picked us from the airport and the moment we arrived at the reception we were offered a welcome drink to quench our thirst. This was very nourishing. The ever smiling staff got our particulars entered in the register and gave us the golf cart to carry us to our villa.It was like a Bungalow , a well equipped mini bar , swimming pool, spa and a three set room, the sit out ,bed,dressing room. The most surprising was the open air bathroom with open to sky. This was something new which we had never seen any where in the world. However, the area was surrounded by high boundary walls and huge plantation. After unloading our baggage we were told that a foot massage is getting ready to remove our tiredness of long flight. Two maids did that job for us and we went to sleep thereafter. In the evening we were told that breakfast is made to order in our villa itself in the mini kithchen provided for . The chef comes and gives us whatever is desired by us. Whatever we consume from the mini bar is complimentary. A special Bar-be-we is also in the package in the evening of one day . The chef comes and prepares the bar-be-Que right in front of us and the quantity is so much that even 10 persons can eat it whereas we were only two. In all we felt like Maharaja as everything was made available inside the villa on daily basis and the staff was at our beg and call 24 hours. What more one can expect from the attractive package offered by them.I would recommend that the young married couples must enjoy their honeymoon at such a place to have an ever lasting memory of their life time.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear “Ashok_Ahooja”

Thank you very much for taking your valued time to share your review. THE ULIN VILLAS AND SPA is a small cozy boutique hotel with all private pool villas property. Our aim is to deliver a unique experience, genuine un-intrusive service, always happy to help our guest, go above and beyond to ensure a stay is memorable. We are located at Laksmana area “some call it eat street” Seminyak the most fashionable location to shop, dine and party. We very happy to read that you had a relaxing stay and an enjoyable holiday. Thank you very much for your high recommendation about THE ULIN VILLAS AND SPA to other travelers to stay at. We can not wait to see you again on your future holiday to Bali.

Seoul, South Korea
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I am not very much a Review person, but Just to add to the already awesome running trend of reviews for Ulin, I would like to confirm from the most recent trip there from 7th Sept to 10th Sept , the positive reviews here are every bit True!
The service level offered at the Ulin villas are simply unmatched. even for the various other bigger name villas out there. Every staff on site greets you with a warm and sincere smile from the reception down to the gardener watering the plants by the walkway. They don't just ignore you and go about doing their own stuff. The villa itself is located very conveniently in the middle of streets of pubs and restaurants with cheap and great food. surprisingly given its location the villas itself was surprisingly quiet.. never heard any other guests or honk of a vehicle throughout the whole stay. Interior was well maintained and clean! not a single fallen leaf in the outdoor pool! not sure how they even managed that, there were exquisite looking little "pots" all round the villas which they burn mosquito coils in there everyday , seems to work well keeping the mosquitoes away.. and the outdoor sunken bathtub , shower and toilet.. its just awesome! its a big tub ... fits 2 person nicely~! And one thing i realized, even if it sounds a little crude.. sitting there on the outdoor toilet taking a little poop during sunrise.. enjoying the breeze, hearing the birds , the rattling of leaves and the warm colors of sunrise, I've got to say, that has got to be the best Poop experience I had in my 28 years of life!
One thing that I didnt agree with the review was the quality of the food, i remember reading reviews saying that the food was plain ? No way!! at least not when I was there.. I am really picky when it comes to food, and I have to say the Breakfast was Awesome! It beats any 5 star hotel's buffet breakfast anytime although the portion seems a little out of this world, there is no way anyone could finish the big bowl of fruit in yogurt and cereal , fruit juice, and main course even for a big eater like me. As for their Dinner.. They did candle light dinner LIKE A BOSS! candlelight dinner with 2 candles on the table? hell no.. they had their signature 100 candle, candle light dinner which lighted up the whole villa with candles, and the selection of food on the menu was top class! The tenderloin we had was so good. it puts some dedicated steakhouse's steak to shame. wasn't expecting that from a holiday villa thou.. but one "negative" feedback, the presentation looks really great with starter and dessert stacked up high like a tower.. but its a pain to try eat it! we lost a prawn coz the tower toppled over. but they taste awesome none the less. And this is the part where their service truly shines, we went out for the day and was back pretty late.. so dinner was up till 10 pm.. after dessert. the whole team of 5~6 staffs actually came knocking on the door, with a huge Black Forest birthday cake singing birthday song for my Girlfriend, and that is definitely not some cheap "complementary" cake that some hotels offers.
One last thing was when my Girlfriend had an upset tummy prolly from some random staff we ate outside, the reception arranged a vehicle to drive me to the pharmacy to get meds and back right on the spot. and since our flight was at 730pm. they offered a late checkout till 4.30pm where a vehicle was arranged to send us to the airport with no extra charge. all while still providing full service even thou we were technically "checked out" after 12pm.
To sum it up, I would definitely recommend Ulin to couples or family travelling to Bali hoping to stay within walking distance to streets of awesome food and drinks. beach issnt far away either. For the prices they charge, It just cant get any better than this!

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 4, its reasonably far away from the reception but not too far you will hate to wal...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear “QuekZongYe”

It was a pleasure having you with us at THE ULIN VILLAS AND SPA. Thank you very much for taking the time to post a very detailed review. Our commitment is to deliver a memorable experience with a genuine, friendly and attentive service. I am delighted to know that your time with us has been one of the most memorable holiday you ever had. All staff members must be very happy to hear your high credit about them and to know how much you enjoyed your holiday with us here. Thank you once again for your review and very much look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Corporate General Manager – KARANIYA EXPERIENCE

Been to The Ulin Villas & Spa? Share your experiences!